Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenge 38 - The Brexit Challenge

vCash

Challenge 38 - The Brexit Challenge

Challenge 38 - The Brexit Challenge

In exactly 100 days on the 29th March 2019 at 11 PM as it stands the United Kingdom will officially leave the European Union in what was and continues to be a subject that deeply divides the nation in two.

Your challenge is to take over Millwall who currently play in the Championship and assemble a squad containing only EU national players - with a catch. At this point you may have two questions, why Millwall, and what's the catch? Millwall has been chosen as the borough of Lambeth in London had the highest "remain vote" percentage in England in the the referendum poll, and Millwall is the nearest football club to Lambeth.
    The catch is that the squad you assemble must have at least one player from each remaining nation in the EU (and no more than two from that nation).

RULES

- Oct 2018 update

- non wib-wob tactics only and you must have at least 3 players in your defensive line and wide players somewhere.

- you get no points for the first season, this is used to assemble your squad for the second season, only the results from seasons 2-6 count.

- by the time the first competitive game of the second season kicks-off, you must have at least one player from every remaining country in the EU (so no UK players), and no more than two from any one country. A list of the remaining 27 countries in the EU can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...#Member_states

- free signings are allowed as well as normal transfers, however loans are not allowed.

- you can have a maximum of 35 players in your squad, but remember no more than two from one country.

- no month-to-month contracts.

- no dual nationality players are allowed unless already capped by a remaining EU country.

- no restrictions on backroom staff unless they are down as player/coach or player/assistant, then they still need to fit in with the playing squad restrictions.

- you can only manage Millwall during the challenge, so you cannot manage any International teams.

Champions League

Winners - 5,000
    Runners Up - 2,000
    Semi Finals - 1,000
    Quarter Finals - 500

Europa League

Winners - 2,000
    Runners Up - 1,000
    Semi Finals - 500
    Quarter Finals - 200

European Super Cup

Winners - 500

Premier League

Winners - 500
    2nd - 200
    3rd - 100
    Relegation - -100

European Qualification

Champions League - 500
    Europa League - 200
    Inter-Toto - 100

If you qualify for the Europa League through the Inter-Toto you get no extra points.

FA Cup

Winners - 200
    Runners Up - 100
    Semi Finals - 50

League Cup

Winners - 100
    Runners Up - 50
    Semi Finals - 20

Charity Shield

Winners - 50

World Club Championships

Winners - 1,000
    Runners Up - 500
    Semi Finals - 200

Intercontinental Cup

Winners - 500

European Player of the Year

Winners - 1,000
    2nd - 500
    3rd - 200

European Goalkeeper/Defender/Midfielder/Striker of the Year

Winners - 500
    2nd - 200
    3rd - 100

Appearance points

20 points for each player with 20 competitive starts in a season.

SCREENSHOTS

- a screenshot of your squad at the start of each season showing the nationalities of your squad.

- screenshots of anything that earns you points e.g. league tables, cup records, player awards/appearances.

Best of luck
    Last edited by AMC; 04-01-19 at 11:08 AM.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'll give it a go. Why not

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Nice! I'll probably look into this some time during the holidays.

Cheers!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Never done a challenge before but love this idea, might give it a go!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jdgmedia For This Useful Post:

AMC

Faceless is offline Official Challenge Team
    KotM 2018 Winner

vCash
    I like the idea.

My tactic

Season 1: 0 points

Loads of transfer to comply with player restrictions. Basically, selling every players and build a new EU team. Struggled during the first half of the season. We did slightly better on the second half but still very leaky. Qualified and won the playoff. This should attracts more EU players.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Faceless For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    great effort. First season is pretty tough, fine balance trying to make cash for all the new players and still compete in tough league. Looking forward to seeing who you have brought in!

vCash
    A brand new NWW challenge? Count me in.
    Looking forward to meet the Hammers at The Den at my second season and give them hell!!

For all I can perceive the whole Brexit thing is a bit of a SNAFU but I won't go into politics right now, until I hear what my fellow british members have to say about it. (I'm pretty sure there's a thread about already. I'll take a peek later) So far the History told me that the Brits are a proud, strong and independent folk and don't need a buch of continentals to tell them what to do or not. Economically speaking that's a whole different animal.

C'mon Lions!!

Great effort Faceless.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ®usso For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Any issue if the dual nationalities are both in the EU? EG Portugal/France

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by generalsmuts View Post
    The issue comes if you sign him as a Portuguese, then he is capped for France mid season leaving you without a Portuguese player, this breaking the rules. So will see what AMC says, but for me it's a no to signing them

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by generalsmuts View Post
    "no dual nationality players are allowed unless already capped by a remaining EU country"

I would say the rules are clear. They have to have been capped already to define their nationality.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    The issue comes if you sign him as a Portuguese, then he is capped for France mid season leaving you without a Portuguese player, this breaking the rules. So will see what AMC says, but for me it's a no to signing them
    Thats exactly right mate so he’s not valid.

vCash
    Assumed as much but thought I'd check.

KotM 2018 Winner

vCash
    Thanks guys. Yes sir, First season was pretty tough. I was lucky as qualified for playoff with just 9 goals different. Some players retired so i have to sign some replacements to comply with nationality restrictions. Not very happy with all squads but my main squads are ok. Some players i signed them because of their nationality only, wish i have enough cash so that i can be more selective.

I thought i have all nations but i haven't yet. More transfers to be executed
    Last edited by Faceless; 30-12-18 at 04:28 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    Thanks guys. Yes sir, First season was pretty tough. I was lucky as qualified for playoff with just 9 goals different. Some players retired so i have to sign some replacements to comply with nationality restrictions. Not very happy with all squads but my main squads are ok. Some players i signed them because of their nationality only, wish i have enough cash so that i can be more selective.

I thought i have all nations but i haven't yet. More transfers to be executed
    When testing I made a wee word document to keep track, helped for sure

21. The Following User Says Thank You to dweatherston11 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    First season down and after a terrible start and being bottom after 5 games and losing 4 on the spin, I switched up tactics and managed to win the league on the last day of the season. Madness.

Nasri (FRA), Tyton (POL), Koutroubis (GRE), Wollscheid (GER) and Rossi (ITA) all on frees were brilliant. Burgstaller (AUT) and Veltman (HOL) were money well spent as well. Heading in to the second season now and only need Croatia, Estonia, Malta and Slovenia to complete the set. I'm not convinced I've added enough quality to make a dent in the Prem though.

KotM 2018 Winner

vCash
    Season 2: 380 points

Finally beginning squad, total of 35 players composed of 27 nationalities of remaining EU members.

One day later we signed Granqvist and Randolph moved to Sheff Wed. No more transfer during the season as constrainted by cash, we got 2 injections during this season but balance stayed in the negative area until the end of season.

Finished 6 place in league, no points for cup. 19 players with at least 20 competitive starts (+380 points)

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Gonna give this a whirl

Backroom staff - can they be any nationality?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Just checking with the other challenge mods mate and will let you know in here

KotM 2018 Winner

vCash
    As I already finished scoring season. However, my staffs are not limited to remaining EU. I don't think it will be fair to implement more restrictions but I will respect your decision. Thanks

vCash
    Damnit! Part way through season 5 and then the game crashed! Jesus.... was doing really well

vCash
    No restrictions on backroom staff guys unless they are down as player/coach or player/assistant, then they still need to fit in with the playing squad restrictions.

OP updated

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Started this, but I swear to God I hate non wib wob. Will probably end up using the same old 4-1-3-2 - it's the only decent one!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

AMC

KotM 2018 Winner

vCash
    Season 3: 2,700 points

Beginning squad

Transfer, still comply with players restrictions

We have better players still could not perform very well in league, finished 8th place, no points for domestic cup.

BUT on international stage, it was totally different story. Qualify for UEFA Cup (+200)

Yessssss. Unbelieveably, a team which finished 8th place in league won UEFA Cup (+2,000)

25 players with at least 20 competitive starts (+500 points)

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Faceless For This Useful Post:

That's an impressive third season. A European trophy already.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Good work mate!

I'm nearing xmas in season 1

My strategy has been to sell as many as I can and bring in as much money as possible

Got about £30m in bank (I'm on Saturn £x2)

Got VERY few new nationalities in - have some Jan deals (for AWFUL players but they tick the box) and then some summer deals lined up

Risky strategy though as I have a tiny awful squad and we are 19th in league - should do enough not to get relegated - fecking hope so as they may sack me otherwise!

Plan is to get to January NOT sakced and then will get recruits in and hope to build from there for a mid table finish

Will then have some nice money to get improved players in the summer (although league finish may limit the quality )

Lovin' this so far - have spent a LOT of time creating shortlists initially and have the scouts earning thier crusts!

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast