Thread: Installing New Backgrounds

vCash

background stadiums

hi I downloaded the background stadiums but I have not got a clue how to get them on to the game I need a step by step guide please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfran View Post
    hi I downloaded the background stadiums but I have not got a clue how to get them on to the game I need a step by step guide please
    Try reading at this link, here you can find the guide you are looking for

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5868

vCash
    when I try to open the file in paint it says this is not a valid bitmap file ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfran View Post
    when I try to open the file in paint it says this is not a valid bitmap file ??
    You do not need to convert the files because they are already in the final ".RNG" format, so you do not have to follow the guide entirely.
    In the folder you have downloaded you will find RGN files copy them all in the "Pictures" folder that you find in the folder where you installed the game.
    Still in the folder you have downloaded, find a file called "pics.cfg" open it with notepad (or similar programs). Once you have opened copy all the lines you find between "[STADIUMS]" and "[STAFF] ... once copied follow the guide of the link that I gave you before starting from point 5)

vCash
    The background stadium fie I downloaded when I try to open with notes all the writing is in weird letters and I cant read it ??

vCash

Installing New Backgrounds

Hello, i'm looking for some help installing new background pictures on the game. I have tried myself a few times and failed. I would really like someone to remote control my laptop to install these things, I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out... Thanks Michael

vCash
    You may also be better off checking/asking in the Graphics section mate where it's likely more people may check that section who know/use backgrounds a lot

vCash
    Thanks for the info mate.

vCash

Installing New Backgrounds

Hello, i'm looking for some help installing new background pictures on the game. I have tried myself a few times and failed. I would really like someone to remote control my laptop to install these things, I would really appreciate it if anyone could help me out... Thanks Michael

vCash
    This is what I said to someone earlier (read from bottom up)

The link in the image https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1341

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The instructions with my pack are as straight forward as it gets - https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=205

Remember picture changes only impact new games, not existing ones

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi there, i have tried to install these backgrounds myself and have still had no joy, I have been going around in circles for hours and I just cannot do it. You obviously know what you are doing, if you could help me out or could direct me to someone who could, I would much appreciate it. I would gladly pay the person for their time. Michael...

vCash
    Make sure in Game Settings you have changed Background Changes from Off to On

vCash

Cool

They are always set to 'on' mate. I have downloaded a pack and now opened 'piced' the picture files are already .RNG, now how do I load them into the piced? A video tutorial would be great if you have the time
    Last edited by mikey712; 24-01-19 at 09:49 AM.

vCash
    you don't load rng in piced, only bitmaps. rng's will load in game

vCash

Screen Overlay issue

Hey all,

The 800*600 resolution works without issue but whenever I change the resolution to anything else..when I click to 'the next' screen, it overlaps 'the previous' screen and becomes hard to use. This occurs in both Windowed and Full screen mode & with 'Background Changes' (in settings) Enabled and Disabled.

Anyone seen this and know how to avoid it? I can play this game in 800*600 just fine, but I'd rather not!! lol

(I am using the New Tapani 2.21 to generate the new cm0102.exe with the diff resolutions).

Here is screenshot: https://snag.gy/lpENqy.jpg

Thanks.

://mk

vCash
    You need to add (or create) backgrounds to match the size of the resolution

vCash
    Im the same just cant get my head around getting the background pictures on my game any video tutorials about??

vCash
    There would be this tutorial from the Tutorial section https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1341

vCash
    When i open a file ive downloaded instead of stadium names,badges i get just mixed letters and numbers i cant read it at all ive opened the pics.cfg but cant find nothing to put in too complicated for me haha

vCash
    Screenshots?

vCash
    Im done trying i cant do it haha!!can anyone email a badge and stadium file to me so I can put them straight in my pictures folder because I don't understand how to convert them etc im happy to pay anyone to do it as its annoys me cheers lads

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swd22078819 View Post
    Im done trying i cant do it haha!!can anyone email a badge and stadium file to me so I can put them straight in my pictures folder because I don't understand how to convert them etc im happy to pay anyone to do it as its annoys me cheers lads
    Here's an example of my beloved Liverpool in my Pictures Folder....Just download and place the .RGN's into your Pictures Folder and then copy and paste the text into your pics cfg. file....Works a treat!!.....

https://gofile.io/?c=FPNh8A

vCash
    Although that Liverpool squad background(or any other) file should be named b__liverpool.RGN not b-liverpool.rgn...Just checked it on the download,for some reason it got changed...

vCash
    Ive done it at last i downloaded a rgn coverter off google so easy when you know how haa