Thread: The state of CM01/02 patches in 2019

vCash

The state of CM01/02 patches in 2019

Thanks to the incredible work of community members we now have a wealth of patching options and combinations available for players to utilise to update many aspects of their game. In fact, I personally have lost track of all the options - maybe others have too - so I thought I would try to summarise some of the main available directions here and ask if I have it broadly correct, or whether there are different options which people enjoy to use.

The Vanilla Game

Download the ISO linked on this website and either run it as is, or apply the SI 3.9.68 patch and enjoy the To Madeira-free but super-Greek laden game experience. I guess many players tweak the DB to include. e.g. more up-to-date EU country status (particularly if they play in UK Leagues).

Vanilla Plus Game

As above, but using the Competition Renaming Patch by Saturn, either with the 2016 data update or older data if being careful with the country name changes.

I believe this is the setup which Redknapp69 has used on his current Swansea story (?)

Tapani Patches

The 2.x.x series or the 3.x.x. series. The full differences can be found in the relevant descriptions but from memory I believe that one of the major ones is that the 3-series supports widescreen resolution, while the 2-series is generally considered more stable.

There may potentially be a risk with (some) of these patches if selecting the French league (?). I seem to recall a possible issue with non-league sides winning the French Cup?

Later patches introduce some changes to AI tactics I believe, e.g. the 4-3-3 default formation, plus some team settings.

Saturn Patches

As I understand it (i.e. may be incorrect) these patches extend the work of Tapani and John Locke to incorporate more recent discoveries and keep moving the game forwards. I don't have much experience here but I believe that the Saturn-series requires a special database in order to play and therefore cannot be used with the 3.9.60 DB or any custom DB that players may have created themselves.

I am uncertain whether the Saturn patches incorporate AI tactics changes or whether it is the updates themselves which do that. Anyway, changed AI tactics can always be reset by pasting the default PCT's back into the data folder after updating.

I am uncertain whether the Tapani French league issue also affects the Saturn patches.

Conclusion

Well, we are spoiled for choice

But I would like to be corrected on anything I have got wrong here so as not to misinform others, and also to hear which other patching combinations are popular, if any!

I know that there are a huge number of minor league patches and small tweaks which I haven't mentioned. My aim is not to suggest that these contributions are less worthy than those mentioned here, rather to capture the main options for new and old users to patch their games as a platform to exploring other options which are available.

Thanks to all the modders

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kenny Dalglish's Smile For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thank you for the breakdown.

I was actually making a little folder for myself yesterday with an CM01/02 starter pack:

1. The game
    2. 3.68 patch
    3. Tapani
    4. Tapani pictures to match 1200x800 resolution
    5. Lussemhoff’s database with 10 years of updates (have done an edit making it a bit more random, e.g. made Messi potential -2 instead of 200)

Now I am contemplating what more to add to this “must have” list - any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vCash
    My choice and to be installed in the order given:

1. The game (kind of essential)
    2. The 3.68 patch (a must-have, and part of the official original game)
    3. The October 2018 data update (the most current database of players and staff)
    4. Saturn patch v6+ (a one-stop-shop which includes most of Tapani plus other options)
    5. Stronger AI tactics V2 (April 2018) so the game remains a challenge even when you use the very best (Wib-Wob) tactic.

This is precisely what I use in my current story (The Return of the Prodigal Sons)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thank you.

For the stronger AI tactics - I tend to play Serie A and Roma are close to unbeatable even with normal tactics :-D

7. The Following User Says Thank You to madsfrankmarkussen For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Cracking post mate

I'm using ODB, 3.9.68, Tapani 2.21.1 and Saturn Comp Renaming 1.4 (I think) for my Swans story

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by madsfrankmarkussen View Post
    Thank you.

For the stronger AI tactics - I tend to play Serie A and Roma are close to unbeatable even with normal tactics :-D

The stronger AI tactics are only needed if you use WibWob. With WibWob the game becomes far to easy.