Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: FC Champman0102.co.uk United

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Glad to see this back!

Excellent win - are we wib wobbing?

Might need to read back last couple of pages to familiarise myself with it again
    No wibwob

You're my Assistant Manager remember?
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

baw

vCash
    That update was well received
    Think you can argue? Test your skills in Ban this Filth today! Respond to this thread and plead your case, and if you're a football fan, have a go at Best of the Best!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    No wibwob

You're my Assistant Manager remember?
    The man's too good for wibwob
    Think you can argue? Test your skills in Ban this Filth today! Respond to this thread and plead your case, and if you're a football fan, have a go at Best of the Best!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Morale was high among the players which was not weird given our unexpected, but yet great debut win in the Conference. The media exposure had been great and General Manager ebfatz had been very busy handling all the attention for our team. Meanwhile good news came from Mexico where Managing Director Craig Forrest had secured a major sponsor deal whilst on holiday there. The founding of our team and encouraging start hadn't gone unnoticed and Whole Foods offered us a three year deal of free, organic guacamole. Only thing we had to do was wear a guacamole can with their logo on it on our shirts and we'd be dipping our chips into that organic guacamole for the next three years. Great. Well I guess it was a better deal than that Maple syrup thing. At least I hoped it would be.

Spoiler!

The second matchday followed three days after our win over Nuneaton as we travelled to 17th placed Margate. Preparing for our first away game we again had a full fit squad so I decided to make no changes and send out the same eleven players as against Nuneaton.

Spoiler!

In front of 1.604 people we kicked off and the game started well for us with a header at goal in the 9th minute from De la Corte that got saved. And that was that. Seriously. Litterally NOTHING of importance happened in the first half besides one chance for us. It was abysmal to watch and the spectators at Hartsdown Park almost feel asleep.

So in the break I gave a thunderous speech to wake the players up. I made them understand that this was unacceptable. "But Margate are only defending sir". I don't care Barrantes, we need to up our game dammit! I left the dressing room mad, hoping the message would come across.

There was certainly a change in attitude in the second half, but it didn't came from our team. It was Margate who pushed us back and created two big chances in the first ten minutes after the break. After Barrantes picked up a yellow card for a stupid foul I exploded on the side line, cussing and swearing at everything and everyone. It turned out that was the spark the players needed as they all of a sudden started to play football. We attacked Margate and both Denys and De la Corte got great chances to score for us, but the Margate keeper was not having it. Time and time again he kept the ball out of his net, denying us a goal that we certainly deserved based on that second half. Even the substitutes I brought on couldn't make a difference and so the game ended in a 0-0 stalemate with the Margate keeper deservedly picking up the Man of the Match.

Spoiler!

And so we dropped our first points of the season where we probably should have gotten the win. But fair play to Margate and their keeper as they defended like lions. That abysmal first half however had not been forgotten by me. So the next day the players were 'surprised' with some extra running through the woods at 6 am in the morning. That would teach them.
    Last edited by GFRay; 14-03-19 at 03:57 PM.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Meh - we'll get days like this

An away point is never bad

We're unbetaten

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Coach Weatherston delighted with the Whole Foods Sponsor. Vegan choices a plenty, do we get a discount or vouchers?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to dweatherston11 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    Coach Weatherston delighted with the Whole Foods Sponsor. Vegan choices a plenty, do we get a discount or vouchers?
    Free delivery mate. Check the cantina. The freaking fridge is full of that stuff.

vCash
    I want a club contract as a club DJ and one-man-band.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobclear View Post
    I want a club contract as a club DJ and one-man-band.
    No can do. I already have a house DJ. Remember when we had that party to do the team selection? That's my guy.

Rumour has it that you're on the hunt for some promising prospects though.

vCash
    He must be sacked this instance!

Found someone that tore a muscle yesterday. I think I jinxed the lad

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Hmmm.... some wires definitely got crossed as there was not supposed to be a contract with Whole Foods, and especially not for anything with that bullshit "organic" label ...... I could have sworn I signed a contract with "Whole Booze"... it was supposed to be unlimited Tequila and Rum

I'll have to remember to be sober during the next set of negotiations

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    ...I'll have to remember to be sober during the next set of negotiations
    Since I don't know if you'll be really sober to the next contract, I'll leave this note to remind you ...

Spoiler!

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to baw For This Useful Post:

vCash
    ...And so we dropped our first points of the season where we probably should have gotten the win. But fair play to Margate and their keeper as they defended like lions. That abysmal first half however had not been forgotten by me. So the next day the players were 'surprised' with some extra running through the woods at 6 am in the morning. That would teach them...
    It could be two points lost or one earned, depending on your point of view ...
    ... if we look at the statistics are two points lost, but if we think of everything else, this is the first championship in which the boys play together, they must know each other better and assimilate all the schemes, come on, we are only at the second game, not being too hard on your guys, it's a point earned.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to baw For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The players took the early morning run as it came and didn't complain about it. They know they deserved it as that first half against Margate was absolutely terrible. The next day at training, our left centerback Jorginho lost his balance while jumping for a ball and landed on his wrist. There was some immidiate concern, but physio baw reassured everyone that it was only a sprained wrist. Jorginho did had to take it easy though and was out for a couple of days. And so we inducted our sickbay with the very first injury.

Spoiler!

Four days after the forgettable draw against Margate we played hosts to Farnborough who were 10th in the league. The only one not available was Jorginho as that sprained wrist had not recovered yet. So we switched leftback Adilson to the heart of defence and another Brazilian, Eleomar, started as leftback.

Spoiler!

A meager 866 people had turned up for this game which was a bit disappointing given our first commanding home win, but what can you do about it huh? The first half started dull with Farnborough trying to push forward, but the first real incident was an injury for them after twelve minutes. Slowly we took over the pace of the game and in the 22nd minute Nash was paying attention when he picked up a quickly taken goalkick and flicked it on to De la Corte who had no trouble slotting the 1-0 past the keeper. Farnborough adopted a more attacking mentality, but it was us who dominated the remainder of the first half, creating a handful of chances along the way.

At half time I gave the players the compliments for a good first half, but also told them not to get complacent and allow Farnborough back into the game. They nodded in agreement munching on some quacamole which looked pretty disgusting to be honest.

In the second half we picked up where we left in the first half and continued to dominate the game. Farnborough however did try to break out every now and then which lead to some dangerous moments, but not once did they really test Toxvaerd. Until the 76th minute that was. Adilson tried to clear a cross with a header, but the ball landed in front of a Farnborough player who put the 1-1 on the scoreboard with litterally their very first attempt on target. We were thunderstruck, but immidiately reaffirmed ourselves and almost scored from the kickoff. Five minutes later though we got that second goal as substitute Pou swung in a corner and De la Corte powered a header straight into the top corner. We got that deserved second goal after almost being 'champmanned' by the opposition. The remainder of the time was played out professionally and we claimed our second win for the season.

Spoiler!

And so we got a deserved win against Farnborough who did gave us quite a scare with that equalizer, but we turned it around in the end. After the game Director of Football Dermotron came down to the dressing room and congratulated us with the win. He told us the board had enjoyed the game and were quite pleased with the results so far. With seven points from three games he was completely right and as a reward the players were allowed a little after party which carried on into the late hours.

Spoiler!

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Hmmm.... some wires definitely got crossed as there was not supposed to be a contract with Whole Foods, and especially not for anything with that bullshit "organic" label ...... I could have sworn I signed a contract with "Whole Booze"... it was supposed to be unlimited Tequila and Rum

I'll have to remember to be sober during the next set of negotiations
    I would have preferred Bundaberg - I am most disappointed. You need to let the sober handle these important jobs.

Well you couldn’t say they were defensive today......

27. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Straight back to winning ways

Physio baw should be loading Jorginho with painkillers and getting him on the pitch!!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Desrved win that - could have been a lot more clinical!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    Straight back to winning ways

Physio baw should be loading Jorginho with painkillers and getting him on the pitch!!
    Baw did his best, but the wrist hurt too much for Jorginho to play. His replacement did fine though

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Desrved win that - could have been a lot more clinical!
    I agree AssMan. Finishing training for the lads it is!

33. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

baw

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    ...Physio baw should be loading Jorginho with painkillers and getting him on the pitch!!
    I tried everything to bring him back to the field, but the pain kept bothering him, we couldn't risk a longer stop.

vCash
    ... and as a reward the players were allowed a little after party which carried on into the late hours.
    ...little party?then don't complain if we don't win the next game

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234