Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Food, Glorious Food

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    I guarantee you that if you got it in a restaurant, it's a corn syrup or honey base with some artificial maple flavour.... should be banned

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

baw

vCash
    Was at a gig last night and on the way home we stopped for a McDonalds. It was my first in a few years and I was surprised that the quality had stayed EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME. Limp chips, or fries, or long thin bits of potato, whatever you call them, cold, a burger with what looked and tasted like a cardboard bit of bacon on top of it covered in some sort of white sauce presumably to hide the flavour of everything else all neatly served by a spotty twat who insisted on calling me mate.

The shit I had this morning should have been a lovely one, it wasn't.

vCash
    Why did you even bother? I'd rather join a famine than eat that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    I guarantee you that if you got it in a restaurant, it's a corn syrup or honey base with some artificial maple flavour.... should be banned
    I get it imported - its like alcohol to me

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    Was at a gig last night and on the way home we stopped for a McDonalds. It was my first in a few years and I was surprised that the quality had stayed EXACTLY THE FUCKING SAME. Limp chips, or fries, or long thin bits of potato, whatever you call them, cold, a burger with what looked and tasted like a cardboard bit of bacon on top of it covered in some sort of white sauce presumably to hide the flavour of everything else all neatly served by a spotty twat who insisted on calling me mate.

The shit I had this morning should have been a lovely one, it wasn't.
    My kids absolutely adore that shit. I have NO idea why.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    vCash
    Mine too.... I haven't eaten there since I was a teenager.... I will on occasion get a breakfast sandwich if I'm in a rush or going up to the cottage but that's it.

Although their coffee is better than Starbucks/Tim Hortons/any other quick coffee place around here so 8f I can't brew my own and need a quick jolt of caffeine, I will buy it from McDonalds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Mine too.... I haven't eaten there since I was a teenager.... I will on occasion get a breakfast sandwich if I'm in a rush or going up to the cottage but that's it.

Although their coffee is better than Starbucks/Tim Hortons/any other quick coffee place around here so 8f I can't brew my own and need a quick jolt of caffeine, I will buy it from McDonalds
    Even the engine oil of the car is better as a coffee than Starbucks

vCash
    Well done!

Never tried it, but sure as hell the Coffee Club and Maccy D's (McDonalds) are no better.

I recommend the Wacaco Nanospresso with fresh ground coffee - best home brew ever

vCash
    Don't drink coffee. Tea is the only one for me. Lovely, lovely tea.

And then alcohol, obviously.

vCash
    I'm with you but because I'm not a Brit I do enjoy a good coffee. Granted I mostly drink tea

vCash
    Glad I've never got into coffee, seems an expensive habit (not that alcohol isn't, but that's a lot more fun at least).

vCash
    Its not really - got nothing on alcohol. I make it at home a lot and it really isn't much different to tea price wise, or at least for me it isn't

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    Glad I've never got into coffee, seems an expensive habit (not that alcohol isn't, but that's a lot more fun at least).
    In fact, if you drink it at the bar / pub, it costs more tea than coffee (espresso)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to baw For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Do we need a coffee thread?

Must admit I've not been a fan of McDonalds for years now. Did have one the other month though which was alright, a signature BBQ bacon burger which was OK.

vCash
    Has anyone here tried pavlova?

vCash
    Oh yeah I was meant to chime in on the McDonalds front - I'm not a lover of it (the meals don't even fill me up) but I must admit I can't resist a ("share")box of 20 McNuggets if I'm walking past one on my journey home from a night out

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain
    vCash
    Anyone here or anyone's other half on a fodmap's diet? As a coeliac I thought I was restricted in terms of what I could eat. I was wrong!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Anyone here or anyone's other half on a fodmap's diet? As a coeliac I thought I was restricted in terms of what I could eat. I was wrong!
    I got a mate that reckons he's trying it out

vCash
    In the past I've been quite scathing of companies like HelloFresh (they deliver the exact ingredients and recipes to your house) - I suppose it's good to get people cooking, however they get into it, but it's so expensive! But I guess if you're rich enough to do it, and can't be arsed to go to the shop or Google a recipe, whatever, do what you want.

ANYWAY, I went to a "dinner party" and got somehow got roped into cooking - they are former HelloFresh customers and had kept the recipe cards that they liked, but obviously had to source the ingredients themselves. So they had everything there for me to make (a presumably incredibly inauthentic) 'Venetian Chicken Pasta'. The ingredients were a bit weird so I was a bit unsure of it, but it was actually really nice, reckon I'll make it again soon (maybe without the raisins, though - NOT into hot raisins).

So I'm now torn between this incredibly inefficient (price-wise, I mean; I suppose a benefit is zero waste) method of home-cooking but I guess it's A Good Thing to get people trying stuff they wouldn't normally try at home.

tl;dr - HelloFresh may not be inherently evil. I made this: https://www.hellofresh.co.uk/recipes...1c5844292c8342

Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain
    vCash
    Fairly ok set of ingredients. The quantities are far too fussy for my liking, almost like baking. I am very much quantities based on taste

vCash
    Fairly ok set of ingredients. The quantities are far too fussy for my liking, almost like baking. I am very much quantities based on taste
    Agreed, it'll be a bit different next time I make it!

Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain
    vCash
    This dish and the comments are absolute gold

https://www.facebook.com/19473974466...2761295200719/

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    This dish and the comments are absolute gold

https://www.facebook.com/19473974466...2761295200719/
    Ffs I saw that on Twitter first thing this morning. Could've done without it.
    Is there a sporting event you'd like to gamble your vCash on in 0102Bet? Post in this thread or PM me and I'll see what I can do!

Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain
    vCash
    That whole page is priceless

vCash
    Looks, de....lic....ious?

vCash
    Literally the only restricted eating diet with any science behind it

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny Dalglish's Smile For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast