Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Lost souls

vCash

21 July 2002

The Armytage Hospital was located in a nice, quiet parkland in the Leeds countryside.

The different buildings, none of them taller than three stories, were arranged in a semicircle, each facing the beautiful 17th century stone fontain that gave its name to the domain.

A few patients were wandering in the park or sat at tables in the shade with their visitors or nurses, enjoying the mild July warmth.

It was Chloe who had insisted, against the wishes of the club, that Andy should be treated here, for it was closer to her home and she could spend more time whith him.

His room was located at the second floor in House A, the smaller one and the closest to the forest. In this early evening, with the curtains drawn, it was in semi-obscurity and it was so silent you'd be forgiven for thinking it was empty.

Two people were inside however. Andy was lying immobile on his back, eyes closed, on a bed placed in the middle of the room.

Close to him, Chloe had fallen asleep, curled up on a rollaway bed that the hospital had brought for her. She was still the beautiful girl Andy had fallen in love with but she had lost some weight and, without any makup, she looked sad and tired.

On a small table near the window, a newspaper laid open. In the middle of the page, next to an advertisement for a farm equipment supplier, a headline read "Huddersfield Town AFC unveil Chris Kamara as their new manager."

Outside, the sun was setting down on Great Britain.

***End of part 2***

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LucasGills For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hoping it's an intermission between jobs and that mr Diego is going to a new club down the road. Hopefully one from his native Columbia

See I worked it out, his name is Diego and he is coke head - therefore he is Columbian. That or he is just a big fan of carbonated sugar drinks.

So many dang questions, so little answers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ZanSnake View Post
    Hoping it's an intermission between jobs and that mr Diego is going to a new club down the road.
    I think it's way too premature to talk about getting a new job.

Andy/Diego is in a coma. We don't even know if he'll be able to get out of it. And if he is, we have no idea to which extent his capabilities will be affected.

Maybe he won't even remember what football is

Hopefully one from his native Columbia

See I worked it out, his name is Diego and he is coke head - therefore he is Columbian. That or he is just a big fan of carbonated sugar drinks.
    I can tell you that Andy/Diego was born in Montevideo, Urugay.

So many dang questions, so little answers.
    I know. It's frustrating

I'm afraid you'll need to be patient…

In any case thanks to you and Včrkűh for your support, following/commenting this story.
    Last edited by LucasGills; 04-08-19 at 05:26 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LucasGills For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasGills View Post
    In any case thanks to you and Včrkűh for your support, following/commenting this story.
    It works like a drug to me and I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Včrkűh For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasGills View Post
    I think it's way too premature to talk about getting a new job.

Andy/Diego is in a coma. We don't even know if he'll be able to get out of it. And if he is, we have no idea to which extent his capabilities will be affected.

Maybe he won't even remember what football is

I can tell you that Andy/Diego was born in Montevideo, Urugay.

I know. It's frustrating

I'm afraid you'll need to be patient…

Time is irrespective when it comes to ChampMan We've all been stuck in a beautiful limbo, playing this game that in the real form has been around for nearly 18 years. Surely, that passage could occur to let us experience what may come.

As long as stories like yours exist here, the better man. I, personally, prefer these kinds of stories over the other kinds as it just adds a little something over the other kinds. Plus, well done on sticking with it. I don't mean that in no sarcastic, or ill-way, just there's a lot of abandoned stories here that started off with such a flurry but died unexpectedly because of the user/author just going to the black.

If this is the end, that well done my friend for an intriguing story and hopefully we shall see more in future

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ZanSnake For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It's not the end, far from it.

There are still large parts of the story, notably about Andy/Diego's past, that are written in my head but need to be "translated" here.

I'm making a pause though. Not sure if it's best to close this thread and continue in another. What's the usage here ?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LucasGills For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456