Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ban This Filth!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trunky View Post
    To be fair to the lad, although I agree about his diving, that's a very little part of his game. Watching him in full flow is a lovely sight. Playing for top teams, scoring goals, assisting...he's not in Balotelli's class compared to wasting his talent and therefore annoying me.
    I could find countless clips of him in full flow where it would be easier to beat a man and score but instead he decides to try and make/fake contact and fall over.

Its not the fact he's wasting talent that annoys me its the fact that he falls over all the time!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ebfatz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    If you are talking about a player you dislike and not just annoy then I'd have said Ander Herrera

He is a fecking SNIDE - one of those players you'd like in your team like Diego Costa/John Terry/Ramos/Suarez etc but not one you like otherwise

He fecking whines to the ref, tries to get every opposition player constantly carded, goes down like he's been shot, and his interviews just seem a bit too over the top in his "love" for the club

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    If you are talking about a player you dislike and not just annoy then I'd have said Ander Herrera

He is a fecking SNIDE - one of those players you'd like in your team like Diego Costa/John Terry/Ramos/Suarez etc but not one you like otherwise

He fecking whines to the ref, tries to get every opposition player constantly carded, goes down like he's been shot, and his interviews just seem a bit too over the top in his "love" for the club
    So if he was in your team you'd love him?

That's a 50/50 call then!

vCash

Ban this Filth - Round 2 Nominations

Ban this Filth – Round 2 Nominations

So here we go again, Round 2 has concluded and here are the players you chose as the Most Annoying Footballer Currently Playing. Another great round with 6 nominations, so 3 in and 3 out. Let’s begin!

Ashley Young – dweatherston11

mass image upload

The man has a lot of trouble staying on his feet, perhaps he has an inner ear infection? More likely he has a disgusting habit of cheating whenever the opportunity arises. The stats speak for themselves, with Young winning 11 penalties in 200 games for “losing his footing”. It’s so bad that even Alex Ferguson admitted that one of the penalties he won in the 2011/12 season was “a slight bit dramatized”. In 2013, he single-handedly warned David Moyes about his diving. What? He has been booked at least 4 times in his career for his playacting and has pundits using some aggressive terms. Known cheats are not tolerated in my book but he has been left aside for now because he is, at the end of the day, not a bad footballer in general. Who you’re about to see are even worse.

Mohammed Salah – evesham

This one made sense at first, and I see where you are coming from evesham, but Salah only frustrates opposition fans. He is one of those players that you hate because he doesn’t play for your club, and for that reason he’ll be brushed aside without much question.

mass image upload

Mario Balotelli – trunky

image hosting site

Ah yes, the favourite it seems. Balotelli is a truly frustrating player in the sense that he has ruined what was going to be a great career. I’m not going to explain everything he’s done, because you already know what he got up to whilst in Italy and England. Whilst yes he has started to turn it around, there’s not much he can really do at Marseille. He could have, and should have been one of Inter/Man City’s best ever players but he lacked commitment and, unfortunately, intelligence. However I will throw a spanner in the works here, because I think that the racial abuse he received did affect his talent on the pitch, but this didn’t have much of an impact ON the field. With that said, Super Mario is, well, not so super off the field and will be put up for voting. Congrats trunky, that’s two on the trot.

Neymar Junior – ebfatz

image hosting site

This is like a culmination between Young and Balotelli. He was part of one of the best forward lines in world football at Barcelona, but wanted to be the star of a team and moved to Paris. He just fell off a cliff. Only really achieving glory in the league, he’s bombed out of World Cups, Champions Leagues and Copa America tournaments, all the while diving around with the worst haircut a barber could give without triggering a gag reflex. Enter Kylian Mbappe, a World Cup winner, and all of a sudden Neymar is no longer the star in Paris. Now he wants Real Madrid, a club in some serious debt, to become a star again. He ruined his career moving out of Spain and is generally just a “is he really on the ground again?” kind of player to watch and he’ll be thrown in with the shark (Super Mario).

Pepe – GFRay

image hosting site

A guy that can easily be compared to with my habits on the forum before counselling, Pepe was (and still is) one of the dirtiest players of all time. He just cannot help himself. He is just generally a dumb player and I have no remorse in putting him up as well. Nice debut!

Ander Herrera – Redknapp69

This one just didn’t make a lot of sense unfortunately. Yes he whines to referees, but he doesn’t get much of an opportunity to do so. That said he will avoid voting this round.

mass image upload

Here are a few honourable mentions for extra reading material

Joey Barton

image hosting site

Among football fans there is no greater hatred than that reserved for Joey Barton. He is the biggest thug of them all and acts like a criminal on (and off) the pitch. He has received numerous red cards, has committed atrocious fouls, and continues to do so despite the attention his thuggery has received. What makes Barton such a hated figure is the way he loses his temper and strikes out at other players. One of the clearest examples came at the end of the 2011-12 Premier League season after he was sent off in the memorable title win for City.

Cristiano Ronaldo

image hosting site

Other than his perpetual diving to win fouls and penalties and his tendency to be a petulant whinger, Ronaldo hasn't done a huge amount wrong. Three things may have acted to exaggerate his faults though. First, he played for Manchester United, which always earns you a bad rub of the green. Second, he looks like a Ken Doll by wearing earrings and using hair gel, so there is a lot of scorn for this preening boy-band look from football fans. Third, he's just a very good football player who will draw fouls from the opposition. Despite this, he achieved notorious levels of hatred during his time in the Premier League, although his diving antics have cooled since coming to Spain. In the Euro 2016 competition, Portugal had possibly the worst campaign on the road to the title. It was a generally boring game, and early on Cristiano was sent off injured. He then proceeded to, on the bench, shout at players like he was a manager, disgusting his ACTUAL manager. From memory he eventually sat down but afterward, when Portugal won it late in extra time, Ronaldo hoisted the trophy. Say what? I also hate his disgusted looks when teammates score and don’t pass to him, especially the goal that Areola Arbeloa scored after the right back hadn’t scored in a very long time. Of course, Cristiano was not pleased, frustratingly kicking the ball into the back of the net and glaring at teammates and the camera. He also took to the media to say that he didn’t stay in Spain because he hated the chairman, despite the fact the players don’t typically spend a lot of time with the chairman. Nope, he left because the chairman forced him out because he found Gareth Bale to be the better player. Mmmhm.

Sergio Ramos

image hosting site

Sergio Ramos has had a long and distinguished career as Real Madrid's most dirty player. At the time of writing this entry, Ramos has 22 red cards, and holds the La Liga record. With several years to go before he retires, that number will surely rise. Ramos is a notoriously hard-tackling defender with a nasty temper and a penchant for kicking and elbowing his opponents. This has made him a widely hated player, resulting in tirades of laughter when he happens to balloon a "Panenka" penalty into the stands.

Ashley Cole

There are so many reasons to despise Ashley Cole. Where do we start? He allegedly cheated on his ex-wife Cheryl Cole numerous times until she divorced him. He left the team that developed him into a quality player to get more money from a richer club. When he joined Twitter he faced a torrent of abuse from the thousands of people who hate him and responded by trolling them in ways that only a nasty little brat could imagine. He was convicted of speeding in a residential area, and his lawyer attempted to argue the police speed gun was faulty. He was fined for swearing at a police officer, and he shot a work experience lad with an air rifle. This list will no doubt get longer and longer. He also played for Arsenal, aaaaaaand Chelsea.

Luis Suarez (beware the shark)

image hosting site

Where do I begin with this wretch? For most fans, Luis Suarez first came to hateful prominence when he hand-balled on the goal line to prevent a certain goal against Uruguay in the 2010 World Cup. With Ajax he bit an opponent. Since his move to the Premier League he has been accused of diving after winning a number of penalties for Liverpool. Then there is his ban for racially abusing Patrice Evra. In April 2013, Luis Suarez bit Branislav Ivanovich in a match against Chelsea. Shockingly, this Uruguayan vampire then bit Giorgio Chiellini in a 2014 World Cup match against Italy. Now he’s at Barca and just as bad.

Sergio Busquets

Much like his Barcelona team-mates, Busquets takes simulation to a new level of ruinous disgust. The two of them have made many football fans despise Barcelona, and that is unforgivable. His antics are worse than Alves for the simple reason that he dives far more often and for far more innocuous challenges, and that’s why I put him and not Dani Alves. I also dislike the way Barcelona players will automatically crowd around the fourth official whenever one of their own goes down.

Patrice Evra

image upload

There are many words to describe Patrice Evra and most are quite unpleasant, so let's try to fit them all in! He is an angry, petulant, immature, whinging toad for his abuse of the captaincy of France's World Cup 2010 team. He had an argument with one of the coaches and subsequently led a protest of all the players against the coaching staff that ultimately led to his nation's elimination from the tournament. In 2012, he wiped his behind with a French football jersey. He is a nasty, vindictive prat who did more than his fair share in the Luis Suarez racism scandal by goading Suarez into the abuse. He makes trolling, caustic comments in the press about other football teams, notably calling Arsenal an “academy team” and a "load of rubbish". He mocked ex-team-mate Dimitar Berbatov on the pitch and celebrated in front of Suarez. In 2017, he kicked a fan in the head before a Europa League game.

John Terry (slippery turf)

For John Terry, there really is no end to the scathing headlines, and most of it is well deserved. Beginning in 2001 he taunted American tourists in the aftermath of the 9/11 attacks. In 2002 he urinated in a beer glass which he then dropped to the floor of a nightclub. In the same year, he was charged for assault and affray outside a nightclub. In 2008 he parked his expensive Bentley in a disabled parking space. In 2009 he allegedly gave tours of Chelsea's training ground in return for bribes. Then in 2010 it was revealed that he cheated on his wife and two children by having an affair with a team-mates girlfriend. As if this wasn't enough, he went to trial for allegedly racially abusing Anton Ferdinand during a 2011 football match, but Chelsea fans didn’t seem to care despite the “No Racism” policy at the club. He was cleared of the abuse as it could not be completely proven. However, the Football Association only needed to prove that abuse was likely to have occurred, giving John Terry a 4-match ban. He was also hated for his “moment” in the Champions League final that ultimately won the game for Manchester United, where he (for the unaware), awkwardly slipped over taking his penalty sending it flying over the bar.

Mauro Icardi (the wife theif)

The whole deal with Maxi Lopez’s wife was ridiculous, all the while tattooing Lopez’ kid’s names onto his body. He also is now complaining of fake injuries to not play with Ivan Perisic, or so the papers suggest. Great player, just a damn fool off the pitch.

Jamie Vardy

Just a dirty cheat. Not much else can be said really. Yes, he played a massive role in the title win for Leicester, but he’s not celebrated by rival fans. He loves to dive and is typically the refs best friend as well. If he was that good, why is Raheem Sterling to be a more likely striker option than Vardy? Speak of the devil…….

Raheem Sterling

Mostly hated for being a bit of a wet sponge at Liverpool, leaving for money, he has generally copped much racial abuse over the course of his time at Man City, to the point of the media just being downright horrible to him, with one specific newspaper documenting how he purchased a SAUSAGE ROLL at a pie stand! A whole article dedicated to him and his pastry. The only reason I’d document it in a newspaper is if he bought it from ZanSnake’s van, but I guess he’s a man of low quality. He was also racially slammed for his gun tattoo dedicated to his late father, but the papers detailed it was making fun of anti-gun campaigns. Chelsea were forced to give 4 fans 4 match bans after they racially abused Sterling this season. He is hated by many, loved by City fans.

Looking forward to seeing some votes!

Vote here - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CLBNT2F
    Last edited by jacobclear; 09-03-19 at 01:40 AM.

vCash
    Not sure how to pick. Should I just write it down? To me it's Dirk Kuijt ofcourse, but he is not nominated. I would say Neymar of the ones who are nominated. Whiner first class, great player tough.

Why is Ramos nominated? Most sympathique guy ever. Took a yellow card at purpose in the first match against Ajax, so it would be easier for them to win the return and they won!

vCash
    Ramos was just an honourable mention that I threw in there for extra reading material

Kuyt wouldn't have counted anyway because he has retired

vCash
    Think you can argue? Test your skills in Ban this Filth today! Respond to this thread and plead your case!

vCash
    Last chance to vote!

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...age=5&p=427541

You have until 7am AEST (9pm GMT+1) to vote.
    Last edited by jacobclear; 12-03-19 at 02:03 PM.
    Think you can argue? Test your skills in Ban this Filth today! Respond to this thread and plead your case!

vCash
    Ban This Filth Round 2 - Results

One person without a single vote...... interesting. But alas, we have a clear winner!

Congratulations Ebfatz, you have won this round of Ban this Filth. Please PM me a question to add to the question pool.

OP updated

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Round Three Question

What's the worst thing to put on a sandwich?

Don't be stupid - actually nominate something people put on a sandwich.

What have you got?

vCash

Is this question no good or what's the story?

vCash
    You've given people about half a day!

vCash
    Sorry - thought there'd be some sort of comment on the result at least

vCash
    seriously it has to be Marmite, It may be called something else in Australia jacob.
    but its overpriced disgusting crap.
    I would rather have a cat-food sandwich

vCash

image share

We LOVE Vegemite, and Marmite is pretty much the same just more expensive

Very good answer as its such an acquired taste. You only have to search American Tries Vegemite to get a good sense as to what they think of the stuff, but on toast its like God's spread, but again, not the most likeable taste of all time

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    seriously it has to be Marmite, It may be called something else in Australia jacob.
    but its overpriced disgusting crap.
    I would rather have a cat-food sandwich
    Nah - can't be having that - their whole brand is you love it or hate it

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345