Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Ban This Filth!

vCash
    Tottenham and 3-0 leads again Manchester teams...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Felix For This Useful Post:

vCash
    At least we had an excuse when it was against Man Utd. They had an amazing side.

Man City were woeful back then, and they had 10 men.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I've blocked this out of my mind but I'm still recalling something happening in Istanbul regarding Liverpool, can't quite remember

6. The Following User Says Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    I've blocked this out of my mind but I'm still recalling something happening in Istanbul regarding Liverpool, can't quite remember
    Good shout that given the team Milan had!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    PSG against Barcelona in the CL a couple of years ago, 4-0 up from the first leg and 5-3 up on aggregate with 3 minutes of normal time left.

I do seem to recall some dodgy refereeing decisions in that one though.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to the villan For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    The biggest ever choke is Tottenham v Manchester City in the FA Cup 4th Round. 2003/2004 Season.

Spurs are 3-0 up, the half time whistle blows and Joey Barton manages to get himself sent off in the tunnel. Losing 3-0 and down to 10 men. Surely this will end up 5 or 6?

No. Man City go on to win 4-3.
    This was going to be my vote as well. Can you imagine what my heart was going through on that day? Spurs away, in the Cup. A replay. A great evening out, we were in fine voice and then the goals started to go in. 1. 2. 3. This might have had something to do with the rookie goalie Keegan had picked, Arni Arason. 71 caps for Iceland when Iceland were shit. Anelka even went off half way through the first half with an injury. We didn't know about Barton getting sent off until we started the 2nd half with only 10 men. I saw a few people leave when we realised what had happened. Most of us stayed though. Distin got a goal. Whoop. Consolation. Arason then produced two fantastic saves to keep us in the game. We might have cheered him at that point. Then we did it again through Paul Bosvelt. Suddenly it was 3-2 and Spurs looked ragged. And then SWP equalised and we went mad. Bonkers. Leaping around like loons. And then up popped dear old Jon Macken, who had missed an open goal in the first tie and had come on for Anelka to many boos from our lot, to head the winner.

I stayed at my Spurs supporting cousins house that night. I might have got drunk. I do remember throwing up in his hallway during the night. I do remember charging into his bedroom at 7am the next day naked. I shouted "YES!!!" at him before going back to my room. Dodging the sick on the way.

I've never felt such euphoria at a football match up until that point.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Newcastle in 95/96... #Loveitifwebeatthem

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Baz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I've made an executive decision and will keep nominations for one week and voting for another.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll get around to the writeup tonight as I'm gonna be busy doing this v6 to March 19 update tonight (or a few sections of it anyway.)
    Last edited by jacobclear; Today at 07:39 AM.
    Think you can argue? Test your skills in Ban this Filth today! Respond to this thread and plead your case, and if you're a football fan, have a go at Best of the Best!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456