Thread: Create a new team

Question Create a new team

Hi everyone,
    I would like to create a new team starting from scratch (ie without modifying the existing ones) someone could explain to me how to do it,
    which tool to use, how to insert it in an already existing league, etc. etc.
    I thank everyone in advance

OK!

1. Open up the provided editor in the game.
    2. Know the league you want to play in and search for a team. Select the team, go to Edit and delete that team.
    3. Go back to edit and hit Create new item, create new team and enter in all the credentials. Save and away you go!

Erm, no. Don't delete teams.

Just create a new team and then go to the competitions tab and find the league you wish to add your team into.

Mark - the editor tells you the league is full unless you delete a team. I did it yesterday - trust me

Not if you use the swap functionality to swap the team OUT of the league.

"Trust me".

That's essentially deleting the team, because if you swap them in non league well......

Plus if you swap them somewhere else then another team has to go etc.

There is literally no difference. Stop correcting me Mark, it's pissing me off.

So if you wanted to put your team in the EPL and replace Man City, it's best to delete Man City altogether from the database? Doing so would then erase all trace of the club from the game and could also cause potential patch issues. All the players within the team would then show up as free agents, etc. Some teams are also undeleteable from the database too as they are essential to the game actually working.

If you create a new team, it's best to put them in the non-league of the country you're adding them into. You can then swap them out with the team in the tier above and so on.

I wouldn't have to correct you if you actually knew what you were talking about You're causing us more work because you're giving out the wrong advice so often, hence why I tell you not to get involved in these threads. For a so-called 'patcher', you sure don't know much about this stuff.

Ban me then if I'm causing too much work.

And yes, I do know what im talking about. Now I'm in a lot of pain, so leave me alone or I'll start screaming insults

@baw: Go with the swap approach Mark suggested. So create a team and then swap them with an existing team to take their place.

Take it from the man who has created an entire format with 10 new teams into one of the divisions (UML) and two stories with newly created teams as well
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    @baw: Go with the swap approach Mark suggested. So create a team and then swap them with an existing team to take their place.

Take it from the man who has created an entire format with 10 new teams into one of the divisions (UML) and two stories with newly created teams as well
    How do you replace the "old" team with the new one?

First put your newly created team in the Division called "A Lower Division".

Then Go to ClCmp tab and find the league you want to swap in. Select the team you want out and press 'Swap' at the bottom. Next you can select your newly created team to replace that one with.

Thanks so much, you are me and you have been a great help, as soon as I can try and in case of problems I will ask for your help again.

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

Yup. Most of the above replies are correct. You CAN delete a team, but why? Simpler to add a newly created team to the DB in A Lower Division (as previously mentioned) and then swap teams. That's what I do when I make patches.

I created a new city and a new stadium my team, I created the team in which I added some players and an assistant coach, I followed your instructions and I entered the team in the C2-B series and so far I had no problems .
    When I go to start a new game my new team is not anywhere, I tried to look for it by the long name and with the short one but nothing, I tried to look for the assistant coach, but is without a team, I tried looking inside the C2-b series tournament but nothing.
    If I open the database with the original game editor, the new team is where it should be.
    Any ideas or advice?

Quote Originally Posted by baw View Post
    I created a new city and a new stadium my team, I created the team in which I added some players and an assistant coach, I followed your instructions and I entered the team in the C2-B series and so far I had no problems .
    When I go to start a new game my new team is not anywhere, I tried to look for it by the long name and with the short one but nothing, I tried to look for the assistant coach, but is without a team, I tried looking inside the C2-b series tournament but nothing.
    If I open the database with the original game editor, the new team is where it should be.
    Any ideas or advice?
    Are you running the editor as administrator? I'm by no means an expert, but I've seen people saying that their changes don't occur if they're not running the editor as administrator.

Yep both game and editor need to be run as administrator.

I think it was run as admin, otherwise I do not think could make changes to the DB ... as I said opening the DB with the editor I find all my news, while if I start a new game no ... however in doubt I refer everything from the 'beginning paying attention to run the editor in admin mode

another thing that I do not understand is because the editor in the image of GFRAY is version 1.1 while the one that I find in my game is 1.2

If your changes are showing in the editor but not in game then one of them isn't being run as admin.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    If your changes are showing in the editor but not in game then one of them isn't being run as admin.
    Then probably (almost certainly) it is as you say.
    I have a doubt, if I now start the editor in ADMIN mode I still find the changes made? how can I possibly make them effective on the new game?

If you run the editor as admin and you hadn't before then you will have to make your changes again.

Not sure if you run the game not as admin if they'll show.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    If you run the editor as admin and you hadn't before then you will have to make your changes again.

Not sure if you run the game not as admin if they'll show.
    As for the game I'm 100% sure ...
    ... later I'll try with your new tips and see what comes out.

Fixed everything, in the end it was as you said, it was enough to redo everything with the editor in ADMIN mode

Quote Originally Posted by baw View Post
    Fixed everything, in the end it was as you said, it was enough to redo everything with the editor in ADMIN mode
    If I said it once I will say it again:

ALWAYS RUN EVERY CM RELATED APPLICATION IN ADMIN MODE.

Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    If I said it once I will say it again:

ALWAYS RUN EVERY CM RELATED APPLICATION IN ADMIN MODE.

Simple as that.
    I know I know, do not scold me ...
    ... joking aside, I was naive, believing that the application was already set up in ADMIN mode.

A curiosity, in the image that you shared before your editor has version 1.1, while mine has version 1.2 ... you know what may be the reason for this difference?

Quote Originally Posted by jacobclear View Post
    Ban me then if I'm causing too much work.

And yes, I do know what im talking about. Now I'm in a lot of pain, so leave me alone or I'll start screaming insults
    Mate,

The champman0102 community is incredibly chilled, outstandingly so if we consider it's an internet forum. The veterans have been working with the game for god knows how long; and they are generous and precise with their advice.

Relax, ok?

Cheers