Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: A-Z of Music

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Dalglish's Smile View Post
    M is for top Scottish folk drinker, fagger and crooner John Martyn

This is the lead track from his 1973 album 'Solid Air' but there is a rich vein to mined via Spotify, YouT or whatever. Pretty much his signature sound here, Martyn himself on vocals and acoussie, the awesome Danny Thompson on bass and Tony Coe on wandering sax. Highly recommended as an antidote to all the metal in this thread
    Quality stuff that! Never heard of him before, but was a good listen.

vCash
    N - No-Man

The most soothing, melancholic music. Perfect when you need to relax.

vCash
    so O goes to William Onyeabor

A Nigerian wizard making weird electronic funk back in the early 70's. He resurfaced recently due to some prominent names like David Byrne on Damon Albarn playing his stuff and making docus about him. Proper madlad music!

Last edited by Pisani; 08-03-19 at 03:35 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Pisani For This Useful Post:

vCash
    P then

Paris Hilton

Minted, filthy little minx and has done some "singing"

Enjoy this little summer sounding choone

As we'd say in Welsh - Dewch Yma

vCash
    Paris Hilton? Fucking hell, lad!

I will once again step into the breech and solve the letter Q for you all: 'one hit' wonders Queen B!

I guess this song makes sense when you consider that the likes of Transvision Vamp were at their greatest popularity around this time, and there was room for kitchy little tech-pop numbers like this one. Singer Belinda Lee was a former home shopping catalogue bra model - so we all knows what that means, amIrite boys? - and later would go on to front Daisy Chainsaw after arch-weirdo Katie-Jane Garside got off. I saw that Lee-version of Daisy C in the I think the Lomax in Liverpool. The place was packed, and the Daisy C were being supported by an OK local band called 'On Tick'. On Tick played their set to a great reception, and almost everyone got off at that point leaving Daisy C to come on for an audience of approximately me, my girlfriend of the time, 3 lads who hadn't finished their lager yet, and a stray cat. After the first track Belinda Lee through a major hissy fit, slagged off scousers and in general the world and stormed off. The guitarist took over on vocal and bravely got through another track and a half before himself throwing in the towel, leaving the drummer and bassist to finish the song by themselves. They then looked around sheepishly before apologising and sloping off backstage. As I remarked to the Mrs Dalglish's Smile of the time, I thought it pretty much the perfect Daisy Chainsaw gig in all honesty.

But yeah, this is about Q, so here is the track!

Now, seeing as I keep rescuing Q and never get a chance to post an 'R' I'm going to extend my stay and throw one in for good measure, because the mighty Diana Ross deserves to be in this list somewhere. Always loved this track, Love Hangover, a wicked slice of Motown cool which morphs into a Donna Summer-esque disco beast after a few minutes, and Ross' vocals are pure sensuality. Rumour has it that producer Hal Davies took her out the night before, got her absolutely plastered just so he could get the 'destroyed' voice effect that the song demands. Probably not true, but amusing nonetheless.

vCash
    S

Sonata Arctica. I will always this band because of Tony Kakko. I love metal music too much I know, but Sonata Arctica lyrics are quite unique and that's Tony's job .

Especially this song. It's epic even considering my own epicometer . The build up, the lyrics, the chorus. It just scream EPICNESS.

Yes, you might not appreciate metal music, but dare I to say it's not the closest thing to CLASSICAL MUSIC!!! (fuck all music which uses computers to create sound here).
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/info0
    Twitch.tv: infonator07
    Twitter: info0

Donators welcome

vCash
    T - Twenty One Pilots

Absolutely loving these at the moment after adding their playlist to my phone

vCash
    U then

I'll redeem myself after Paris Hilton

Ugly Kid Joe - tubthumper of a tune which probaby fell into my alterantive phase as a kid. Enjoyed it then - still like it now

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    V

V is for true virtuoso... VIVALDI

The classical piece which always reminds me, why I loved and will love classical music to death. The pure energy in this one is scary. You feel this piece pulling you in and never letting you go (the only thing I can think to rival this energy wise is The Ride of Valkyries from Wagner).

Donators welcome

vCash
    The Whitlams - You Sound Like Louis Burdett

The song was never big but it a funny little ditty that I love.

Note to mods - why is the video insert tool not working for me?
    Last edited by jacobclear; 11-03-19 at 03:08 PM.
    Think you can argue? Test your skills in Ban this Filth today! Respond to this thread and plead your case, and if you're a football fan, have a go at Best of the Best!

vCash
    When on the site click this box and then put youtube link in it - if posting through mobile/tapatalk there is probably a different way which isn't coming to mind at the mo

nbt bank near me

vCash
    That's what I do every time - not working

Tried editing the post and still no good
    Think you can argue? Test your skills in Ban this Filth today! Respond to this thread and plead your case, and if you're a football fan, have a go at Best of the Best!

vCash
    Is it because it is a youtube mobile link?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Kenny Dalglish's Smile For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good thinking - fixed

vCash
    X for Jamie XX

He is one of the guys from the band The XX which I assume most know... He makes some pretty killer remixes and DJ sets too...

vCash
    Y then

Yves Larock

Nice uplifying tune - when I hear it it always makes me think of summer................sunshine, beers, friends, good times, girls wearing white tops showing midriffs etc

Anyway, lovely song I probabaly danced myself silly to back in the day (12 years ago )

vCash

Frank Zappa's son play Frank Zappa's music in a band. Zappa plays Zappa.

It's all rather good you know.

vCash

The song that put AC/DC on the map, dedicated to their previous frontman Bon Scott. This one is legendary at loud volumes and is played constantly overseas, and is also one of the biggest songs in Australian history.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

vCash
    B

There is NO BAND like Blind Guardian. Hansi is fabulous and this is the best concert from Blind Guardian featuring almost all of their best songs. Not to mention, despite not being feature heavy (no amazing pyrotechnics, plain clothing, etc.) this concert showcases something else. They didn't need that stuff, Hansi voice triumphs all.

I am J.R.R. Tolkien fan, so, music inspired by The Simarillion series, struck my heart... And then they released two songs based on The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (great books, so give them a read starting with The Eye of the World).

Donators welcome

24. The Following User Says Thank You to info0 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The Cribs - Men's Needs

The first proper gig I ever went to, and this was the only song of theirs I knew at the time. Later went on to explore their back catalogue and they ended up as one of my favourite bands.

Unfortunately, their albums after this one were not so good - Johnny Marr ruined them (as well as my absolute favourite band, Modest Mouse) and they never recovered. Think they're still going, not that anyone (myself included) cares.

vCash
    D - Dredg - Same Ol' Road

I browse music forums a lot. Someone suggested this band for me once, and I was instantly hooked. Really good mix between prog and alt-rock.

vCash
    E. The Eagles.

Or in this case The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. One of my favourite books ever. I had no idea for years that this was by the Eagles. So, so thick.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to trunky For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobclear View Post

The song that put AC/DC on the map, dedicated to their previous frontman Bon Scott. This one is legendary at loud volumes and is played constantly overseas, and is also one of the biggest songs in Australian history.

Belter of a song and one my local rugby team OSPREYS runs onto the pitch to

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    F then

Foo Fighters - Best of You

Fecking love this song. Big fan of singing it at the top of my voice. Never seen them at a gig but I think I'd go crazy when they would play this

Seems a good egg as well does Dave Grohl

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Belter of a song and one my local rugby team OSPREYS runs onto the pitch to
    AC/DC songs are common in rugby league over here.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast