Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: A-Z of Music

vCash
    G for Gainsbourg

The most french looking man ever... I often lay awake at night thinking about the amount of tail this guy had thrown at him during the 60's...

vCash
    H then

Holly Valance

She's RED HOT - don't need many more reasons than that

Proper crush a good few years back and a nice up tempo number but she was smoking hot is my main reasons

Think she's married to one of the Candy Brothers now (property developers I think and supre minted)

vCash
    I seem to proclaim every band as such, but Interpol were at one time my favourite band. Like the others, they went tits up, but the good times outweigh the bad and, this one, 'Untitled' is ace. Keen FRIENDS fans might recognise it from when Joey kisses Rachel in The Bahamas.

vCash
    J then

Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

Just one of the greatest songs EVER isn't it

Massive renaissance some years ago and brought a whole new batch of lovers for the mullets and air guitars

vCash
    K - Kent

It takes a lot for a Norwegian to give Swedes credit for anything, but there's no denying they have a gazillion of good musicians. Kent were massive in the early 2000's, their songs were played to death by every channel out there. Their earlier works had a really cool groove going on. Tune in to "Kärleken väntar" - "Love waits".

vCash
    Spoiler!

EDIT: Read the OP

Linkin Park - Numb

The ultimate toxic relationship song. They are the poster band for "The Crusty" - a crusty being someone in between a metal fan and an emo. Basically they will like anything with a guitar even if it's shit once there is no synthesizer

Last edited by Dermotron; 19-03-19 at 05:51 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    M then

Manu Chao

I know ZERO about this fella but when I was in Uni my mate chucked it on when we had a house party and it KICKED OFF BIG STYLE

He sounds mad as a box of frogs and I imagine his concerts to be fecking amazing

Just click on a few different parts of this album - I think nearly every fecker is massively uplifting (might be some slower ones) but this guy just seems to want people to party and enjoy themselves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Spoiler!

EDIT: Read the OP

Linkin Park - Numb

The ultimate toxic relationship song. They are the poster band for "The Crusty" - a crusty being someone in between a metal fan and an emo. Basically they will like anything with a guitar even if it's shit once there is no synthesizer

Belter of a tune that

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    N then...

I remember when this came out. Aaah 2001. I had hair. And a flat stomach. Fine figure of a man. Women fell at my feet. Which was embarrassing when I went shopping with the Wife.

vCash
    O is for Otis Redding

The ultimate in chilling out. With a joint. In the sun. Northern Europe sun, none of that 30C at night shite

Last edited by Dermotron; 23-03-19 at 07:40 PM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    P is for Porcupine Tree, one of my absolute favourite bands. Started out as a one-man project inspired by old progrock, psychedelia and krautrock (and other things), then becoming a proper band and one of the most influential progrock bands of the last decades. Unfortunately they decided to take a break that is expected to last forever some years ago, main man Steven Wilson is recording and touring solo (with backing band) and the others are doing various stuff, including drummer Gavin Harrison being one of the current drummers in King Crimson.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

JLa

vCash
    Shoutout for Porcupine Tree! One of my all time favourites. Although Wilson's solo efforts are excellent, I still hope PT will return one day. They probably won't though.

I don't know the song you posted, where is it from? I thought I had heard everything, but apparently not!

Q - Queensryche

Legendary band, legendary music. If you can tolerate the 80's vibe!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to JLa For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It's from the Staircase Infinities EP from 1994.

Geoff Tate is an amazing singer, good choice there!

vCash
    R then

Robin Thicke

Lovely song but made better by the incrdible Emily Rataajakakajakswskiwiwki - this must have kick started her career!

Not sure if Thicke did much after this (apart from the lawsuit) but hey - may not have needed to!

Unrated version do NSFW if vieiwing at work!

vCash
    S is for Soundgarden

Nirvana's breakthrough opened the gateway for pretty much all alt rock bands in the 90s and whether you like them or not you can't be too upset that a legendary track like this became known to a huge audience.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    T for Norways own Todd Terje

Now I've never been massively into house music but this guy does the trick for me... creative, fun and with some killer progression beats... "It's album time" is highly recommended

vCash
    Ugly Casanova - Hotcha Girls

One-album wonder side project of Isaac Brock, the main guy from Modest Mouse (my favourite band that I keep banging on about). I was scrambling a bit for U and belatedly remembered them... haven't heard this album for years, so shall listen to it on the way home from work today

Their music featured heavily on a documentary I saw a while ago on Netflix called 180° South. The documentary was ok, but the music scored it perfectly.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789