Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ypiranga - A Return to Our Roots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Great campaign and good luck for the next phase of the championship!

Im sure the defeats were related to the long trips indeed.

Great matches by Parede!
    Not sure if cm0102 takes that into account? Probably not, but for the sake of this story it does!

Parede absolutely been my top man this season, his goals absolutely crucial. Need to get him to sign a longer deal tan the 2 year one currently.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dweatherston11 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Strolled it through that stage, but it does get tougher from here. As has been mentioned, Parede is on fire.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    Not sure if cm0102 takes that into account? Probably not, but for the sake of this story it does!
    Yeah, im not sure as well, but I wouldn't be surprised if it does, because the latitude and longitude of each city are stored in the database, so the game must be using this data for something. And playing a lot in brazil league, I always felt its harder to get good results when playing away in a distant city than a close one, but may be just my feeling. Anyway, as you said, for the sake of this story it does!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash

October

With the group stage finished it was Nacional and ourselves that progressed and waited on the draw for the Second Round. This would be a two legged tie, with the eight winners progressing to another group stage, with two groups of 4. The draw took place and saw us pitted against XV de Piracicaba, with Nacional drawn against Moto Club de Sao Luis.

First Leg

Esporte Clube XV de Novembro, or XV de Piracicaba as they are usually called are from Piracicaba, São Paulo state, founded on 15th November, 1913. XV de Piracicaba's home stadium is Estádio Barão de Serra Negra, inaugurated in 1965, with a maximum capacity of 26,528 people.
    First up we had to make the trip north, around 1000km from Erechim to Piracicaba.
    XV de Piracicaba had finished second in Group B of the First stage, with 19 points from their 12 games, but they were unbeaten at home, with 5 wins and a draw, so this was going to be tough.
    We arrived in the city, home to nearly 400'000 people, and to the oldest agricultural university in Brazil, the Luiz de Queiroz School of Agriculture of the University of São Paulo. Sadly only 3500 people would turn up to see the game.

Spoiler!

XV de Piracicaba 1 - 2 Ypiranga - Two early goals, one from Dalla Costa(10) had the game poised at 1-1, but we got the win we deserved for our display, and it was Guilherme Parede(12) with the goal to give us a lead to take home.

Second Leg

A week later in the return leg, back at Colosso do Lagoa, I was confident of progression to the group stages. The stadium is named after the Lagoa Vermelha (meaning Red Lake), which is located near the stadium. We had only lost three all year at home, so I was hoping that form would continue.
    The city of Erechim is located 783m above sea level, I think this has given us a big advantage, The municipality is located north of Rio Grande do Sul, in the Upper Uruguay, on the ridge of the Serra Geral. The origin of the name of Erechim refers to the ancient indigenous inhabitants of the region, and comes from "Caingangue", which means "small field".
    XV de Piracicaba landed at the local airport and we hoped to end their season.

Spoiler!

Ypiranga 1 - 1 XV de Piracicaba - A nervy affair as we were outplayed, and suffered a late red card that had me nervous as we held on. We had the lead through Pawel Zawadzki(5), lost a late goal, but held on to progress.

Here's how the Second Round went, with Linense looking particularly strong and down as favourites to win it all.

Group Stages - Third Round

We were drawn in a group with Moto Club, who had beaten Nacional, also Rio Branco, and fellow Gaucho state club, Lajeadense. First up was to welcome Lajeadense to Erechim for the first of 6 games(3 home, 3 away) that would decide if we would play for the title and be promoted.
    Clube Esportivo Lajeadense had come to Erechim on the 3rd of March and beaten us 1-0 in an even game, so I was out for revenge and keen to get off to a good start.
    The relatively short 240km drive from Lajeado meant home advantage wasn't so severe, and our opponents were unbeaten in Serie C this season. They hadn't lost since 5th May in the Gaucho against Gremio. Arriving on the 27th October, they were full of confidence.

Spoiler!

Ypiranga 1 - 1 Lajeadense - A game we dominated and should have won, but a sucker punch in the 90th minute meant we share the points. Again it was Guilherme Parede(13) who had given us the lead that we couldn't add to before being punished.

In November we would play 4 games, with the final game in the group on the 1st December at away at Rio Branco. I reckon I needed 10 points to progress, and hoped to get them before we visited Rio Branco. The season was a success already, but we had an opportunity to promote, and I really wanted to take it.

Player of the Month - Only three games in the month, and although Guilherme Parede scored in two of them, it was the midfield displays that really caught the eye from 19 year old Jan Imiolek. He is finding it tough to adjust to life out here, but he is progressing nicely and looks like a good find.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to dweatherston11 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Indeed Imiolek looks an excellent prospect. And Influence 17: a future captain !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123