Thread: Match Commentary Speed

vCash

Match Commentary Speed

Hi all, I am currently playing with the v3.9.68 patch and the original database installed. When i come to play a match the commentary is just too fast to read, even on 'very slow'. I like to b able to read it properly, hear crowd reaction etc. Can someone tell me if/how i can slow it down? The links i've tried from this site seem to be of no use. Thanks..

2. The Following User Says Thank You to mikey712 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey712 View Post
    Hi all, I am currently playing with the v3.9.68 patch and the original database installed. When i come to play a match the commentary is just too fast to read, even on 'very slow'. I like to b able to read it properly, hear crowd reaction etc. Can someone tell me if/how i can slow it down? The links i've tried from this site seem to be of no use. Thanks..
    You could try this, though it says to 'Start new game' in the instructions, so I'm not sure if it will work, or adversely affect your game.

https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=230

vCash
    Hi mate thanks for the reply but this file doesn't seem to work anymore. It says it may be harmful to your computer and windows cannot open this file when i try.

Tournaments Won: 5

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey712 View Post
    Hi mate thanks for the reply but this file doesn't seem to work anymore. It says it may be harmful to your computer and windows cannot open this file when i try.
    You don't need to open it. You need to unzip the file and put in your data folder.

The instructions on the page are pretty clear:

* Download the file
    * rename the file to events_eng.cfg
    * move to file to Championship Manager 01-02\Data folder
    * select Yes to overwrite current file
    * start new game
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash
    It does work. It's because Windows doesn't recognise that it's a .cfg file, so just mark it as 'keep' after you try to download it. It then just needs to be copy and pasted into the data folder like I've just said in my PM to you