Thread: 3.9.68T Issue

vCash

3.9.68T / Saturn Patch Issue

Hi Guys

Just purchased CM0102 off champman.co.uk with the 2018 update off ebay and looking forward to reliving my youth! Having problems so really hoping you can help...

The instructions I received with the game go as follows:

1) Install the game (3.9.60) from the files on the CD - This runs fine

2) Update with the patch on the CD on the downloads folder (3.9.68) - This runs fine

3) Update the 'Data' folder to get 2018 squads, using '2 - Latest Data Update' folder from the CD. - This worked fine and I can start a career in 2001, with squads from 2018.

3) Over write the Data folder and cm0102.exe using those files in the '3 - Saturn Patch' folder from the CD. This is where i run into difficulties. When i start a new career the loading bar gets as far as 'Creating Shortlists' then the game crashes completely and i get a windows error messages about cm0102.exe having to close. I can see the version number has updated to 3.9.68T as per the instructions, but no idea why the game crashes when I try to start a career.

I have tried this 3 times, with no success. I have made sure I am overwriting the files stored in the Data folder, and cm01.02.exe.

Any ideas where I'm going wrong lads?

Thanks
    Niko
    Last edited by Ktwonniko; 14-03-19 at 08:05 PM.

vCash

vCash
    Hey - Yes i am running as administrator.

Also, i just tried downloading the latest Saturn patch from 'Downloads' on this website (including downloading a new cm0102.exe file) and i have the same problem... when i click 'Start new game' it crashes when it gets as far as 'Creating shortlists'. Sad face.

vCash

vCash
    What Windows are you running? e.g Windows 7 or 10 etc?

vCash
    Also where exactly did you get that exe file? If I'm not mistaken it has to be from here?
    Think you can argue? Test your skills in Ban this Filth today! Respond to this thread and plead your case!

vCash
    It's from our eBay account, jacobclear. So that's fine.

@Ktwonniko - The only thing I can think of is that you may need to right-click on the cm0102.exe file and tick compatibility mode on with Windows XP SP2 or something similar. Had to do that with my own after recently upgrading to Windows 10.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi

He's messaged me on ebay and all resolved

vCash
    Hi Everyone - Thanks for the help, i managed to get the patch working However... i know have another problem I'm hoping you can help with please...

When I load the game to open my 'save game' its not there! I have looked in the folder and can see the .SAV file but it doesn't give me the option to load it! Ive tried creating a copy and moving to a different folder etc but no luck. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks.

vCash
    You are running the game as administrator?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yep. It worked fin for a few days, saving, then loading again. Now its just not there. I can see a previous saved game, but thats for a different career. I'm wondering if it somehow become corrupted and now the game doesnt recognise it. No worries, i have to remember to back up my save games in future! Just a shame a have to start again and prize Kik Pierie away from Heerenveen!