Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Storia di tutti i giorni: Foggia Calcio

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Roberto De Zerbi seems the best of the lot, but his creativity and passing...
    I know... And bravery as well as teamwork at 2

IRL he went on to play for Napoli but never really fulfilled his potential.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LucasGills For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    I'm fancying Marinello for the DM spot

De Zerbi could produce that magic....................and he may need to looking at the rest!

Maybe the LOAN market could work well for you

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    I'm fancying Marinello for the DM spot
    Yes he looks complete and is only 24. Do DML/DMR adapt easily to the DMC spot in general ?

De Zerbi could produce that magic....................and he may need to looking at the rest!
    I have high hopes for the lad. Will need to find an adequate training routine to help him develop his weaknesses.

Maybe the LOAN market could work well for you
    Generally I'm not too fond of loans because it makes planning difficult. But I guess I'll need to have a look at it in this case.

It seems there are quite a few interesting players on the free market as well, we'll see.

Each area of the pitch has been better than the one before, so your forwards should be pretty decent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Effiong unmarked! View Post
    Each area of the pitch has been better than the one before, so your forwards should be pretty decent.
    Haha if only

You're in for a big disappointment, it's arguably the worst sector

vCash
    Foggia Calcio
    Season 2001-2002 - Serie C2C

Week 1 (preseason)

Presentation of the team

Attackers

We have five strikers on the books.

Renato Greco is a 32 years old forward who can play on the left, middle and right of attack. He's our only left-footed attacker.

Scored 9 goals in 29 games last season for non-league Savoia. Not sure what to expect from the guy.

Andrea Quaresmini has interesting stats, notably a 17 in pace. He's also the only attacker who's got more than 10 in finishing. Only problem: he hasn't scored a single goal in 24 games over 2 seasons in professional football !

Umberto Del Core is also new at the club. He scored 10 goals in 27 games for non-league Tricase last season. He looks relatively strong and quick but will need to improve his technical skills and his finishing.

19 years old Antonio La Porta is a product of Foggia's youth setup. He played 3 matches for the first team last season (no goals). An interesting young player with good physical stats. Could become a good striker provided he's given the right support.

And finally we have Daniele Vantaggiato who's also in his first season at the club. Not sure why my predecessor thought it a good idea to hire this 34 years old who played for non-league Narḍ. We'll see during the friendlies what he can bring to the team.

Summary: a very average sector, with no proven goalscorer at this level. Some promises with La Porta and a lot of interrogations with the likes of Quaresmini and Vantaggiato.

I'll probably need to buy at least one striker with a proven record of scoring in Serie C or higher.
    Last edited by LucasGills; 19-03-19 at 08:57 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LucasGills For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'm holding my hat on Quares (he has part of a famous surname after all!)

Fast and can finish - give him a chance and I think he can be your main striker

Otherwise, doesn't look great, I'd maybe concentrate on the "kid" that you have - looks as good as the rest of them but surely development on his side

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    You need a series of friendlies now to test all those players. There might just be one or two who will surprise you!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    You need a series of friendlies now to test all those players. There might just be one or two who will surprise you!
    In fact it looks like we'll only have time for 1 or 2 friendlies. I took the team on the 29th of July and the Italian Cup already starts on the 12th of August:

I'll have to test the players in these cup matches...
    Last edited by LucasGills; 19-03-19 at 11:35 AM.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LucasGills For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Foggia Calcio
    Season 2001-2002 - Serie C2C

Week 1 (preseason)

Team news

At the end of the week we welcome five new faces: two staff members and three players.

First of all let me present you our new assistant manager:

We have also agreed terms with a new coach who will supplement the two we already have:

Then three players who were out of contract have joined the club. I'm very proud that Moreno Torricelli has agreed to join Foggia Calcio after his contract with Fiorentina was not renewed.

A former Juventus player, with whom he won three Scudetti, one Champions League, one UEFA Cup and one Coppa Italia, Torricelli will bring his immense experience to the Stadio Pino Zaccheria. At 31 he's still got impressive stats:

Then we also welcome Martino Traversa who played 23 games for Sampdoria last season in Serie B. Martino can play everywhere in defense or in defensive midfield.

Finally we signed attacking midfielder/forward Massimo Orlando who, during his nomadic career, played notably for Fiorentina, Milan and Atalanta.

Orlando can play on the left or in the centre and he's very good at set pieces. He should be able to deputise for De Zerbi in the AMC role.

Two of these three new players are in the starting lineup for our first friendly match against Spezia who play in Serie C1:

Our formation today is a 4-1-2-1-2 which is designed to bring the most of the qualities of De Zerbi in the AMC role.

I ask my two full-backs Torricelli and Assennato to move up when we have the ball, with Forward Runs and Run With Ball on. To maintain a solid defensive block, Traversa will play in the DMC spot with no license to roam forward.

Chiecchi and Carannante form the central defensive pair and Catalano and Costanzo are given a chance to impress in the MC roles.

Greco and La Porta start up front with De Zerbi in support.
    Last edited by LucasGills; 19-03-19 at 03:15 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LucasGills For This Useful Post:

vCash
    With Torricelli and perhaps Traversa you have players the others can look up to!

Good luck!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

Some impressive additions there. Guido looks an excellent coach, especially as you're starting in the fourth tier. Torricelli, 18 for both influence and determination, looks like a good signing too.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Really poor standard, but definitely something to work with. I'm definitely a pick a formation then work my boys into it type manager too.

La Porta for me could become a real crucial player for you. Apart from that, expecting de Zerbi to produce moments of magic in amongst some poor displays. Get him going and he could be the difference maker.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to dweatherston11 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    With Torricelli and perhaps Traversa you have players the others can look up to!
    To be honest I was surprised Torricelli accepted to come all the way down from Serie A to Serie C2. He's not even the best paid player in the team !

Good luck!
    Thanks It's only a friendly but given the short time I have before the season begin I'll have to learn a lot about my players very quickly !

vCash
    Some impressive additions there. Guido looks an excellent coach, especially as you're starting in the fourth tier. Torricelli, 18 for both influence and determination, looks like a good signing too.
    Thanks. Yea Torricelli should be a beast at this level, very happy to have him on board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    Really poor standard, but definitely something to work with. I'm definitely a pick a formation then work my boys into it type manager too.

La Porta for me could become a real crucial player for you. Apart from that, expecting de Zerbi to produce moments of magic in amongst some poor displays. Get him going and he could be the difference maker.
    Yes the standard is pretty poor. I only hope the other teams in the league are the same

vCash
    Big coup in Di Matteo!

Torricelli is a cracking signing

Guid brilliant coach!

You seem to have gone heavy on DM area where I thought some kid Marinello could have been ok for that (why is he not even on the bench?!)

vCash
    Big coup in Di Matteo!

Torricelli is a cracking signing

Guid brilliant coach!
    Very happy with my acquisitions. Di Matteo is only 31

You seem to have gone heavy on DM area where I thought some kid Marinello could have been ok for that (why is he not even on the bench?!)
    I was mostly interested in Traversa's versatility. I intend to play him mainly as a full-back.

So many players to test in so few games meant that Mariniello was left out. He'll start in our next game, against Giugliano in the Serie C Cup.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to LucasGills For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Foggia Calcio
    Season 2001-2002
    Serie C2C

Week 2 (preseason)

Match of the weekend

Foggia 1 - Spezia 2 (friendly match)

Goals: Costanzo (37); Torino (3, 40)
    Assists: Greco
    Yellow/Red: None
    Injuries: Carannante (41)

A slow start cost us an early goal from Vittorio Torino (3). Spezia are all over us in the first 30 minutes but we gradually find our feet and equalise through midfielder Costanzo after a good cross from Greco (37). Unfortunately the same Torino scores a second goal 3 minutes later to prevent us reaching half-time with the score level. After the break the two teams find it difficult to create chances and the match ends with the score unchanged.

Key points
    • Good match from Efficie despite the two goals
    • Torricelli above the rest, without surprise
    • De Zerbi not as influential in offensive play as expected
    • Difficult night for our strikers

Team news

Carannante's injury is a bad one. He's out for one month and will miss the four cup games we have in August and probably the first two league games.

As we were already short in numbers in the DC department I send offers to 5 out of contract defenders.

Fortunately at the end of the week three new players join the club.

The first one is a 26 years old central defender named Matteo Pivotto. He played 20 games for Roma in the beginning of his career before to move to Chievo, then to Lecce in Serie B.

I'm also very happy to welcome Raoul Zanutto, another DC, who chose Foggia over a number of offers, some of them from foreign clubs (notably Crystal Palace). Zanutto is very young but he looks an excellent prospect for the future.

Finally we are able to land the proven goalscorer I craved for: Alessandro Melli is the man. Strong, brave and good in the air, Melli will be the focal point of our attacks. Another one who played in Serie B last season, at Ancona.

Match preview

Vs

On Sunday we play fellow Serie C2 club Giugliano in the Serie C Cup first group match.

A lot of players are tired due to the fitness training we had this week so my selection is largely based on who looks the most fit to play.

We continue with the 4-1-2-1-2 we used against Spezia, albeit with a slight adaptation to use Melli's strenghts (Hold Up Ball on, no forward runs and no running with the ball).

Our lineup:

Last edited by LucasGills; 21-03-19 at 05:46 PM.

Unlucky to get a bad injury this early on, but another three decent signings.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

vCash
    2 defenders look great - young fella could be a BEAST!

I like the "key points" in the game review

on the injury

34. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Unlucky to get a bad injury this early on, but another three decent signings.
    Yeah poor Carannante. This injury will probably cost him a starting place this season because Pivotto and Zanutto look very good.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to LucasGills For This Useful Post:

vCash
    2 defenders look great - young fella could be a BEAST!
    Very happy to have snatched him away from Crystal Palace and all the other clubs who were on him. Agree with you, he could quickly become a favorite at the Stadio Pino Zaccheria.

I like the "key points" in the game review
    Thanks !

vCash
    Foggia Calcio
    Season 2001-2002
    Serie C2C

Week 3 (preseason)

Match of the weekend

Foggia 3 - Giugliano 0 (Serie C Cup)

Goals: Melli (8, 45), Traversa (21);
    Assists: Traversa, Torricelli, De Zerbi
    Yellow/Red: Pivotto / -
    Injuries: -

An excellent first half sees us storm into a 3-0 lead at the break. Alessandro Melli does exactly what we expected him to: he brilliantly heads in two goals from crosses by Traversa and De Zerbi.

In between, right full-back Traversa latches on to a cross from our other full-back Torricelli and fires in.

The second half is rather uneventful with only La Porta, on for Greco, hitting the bar after 73 minutes.

Key points
    • Another good match for Efficie who's justifying my faith in him
    • Excellent offensive contribution from the full-backs
    • Good debut for the new heads Pivotto and Zanutto
    • Melli ! Two goals and 30 successful passes for our new striker

Players stats

Team news

Pietro Assennato is now deemed surplus to requirements and is put on the transfer list.

Match preview

Vs

For our second game in the Serie C Cup, we head to Catanzaro who also won their first match away to Nocerina. This is the table after the first round of matches:

A lot of players are still tired so I'm not able to test some of them as I wanted. Rossi will start in goal and De Bari replaces Zanutto in central defense.

In the middle of the field, Pazienza and Orlando start in place of Costanzo and De Zerbi. Up front La Porta replaces Greco who is tired and doesn't even feature on the bench.

Our lineup:

Last edited by LucasGills; 22-03-19 at 12:25 PM.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to LucasGills For This Useful Post:

That's an encouraging start to the season. The only player who didn't get at least a 7 was only on the pitch for a few minutes.

41. The Following User Says Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast