Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: March 2019 Data Update Feedback

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierney-LFC-1990 View Post
    Players playing history seems to be a lot better this time round. Hats off to that.

Did notice that Jordan Henderson doesn't have his days at Sunderland put in however.

Also, Koninklijke Beerschot Antwerpen Club of Belgium seem to have a weird stadium name lol. Something like 'Player and Comp History File' or something along them lines.
    It's a bug with Sunderland. There is no single player with a history at that club, all the lines seem to have been deleted, was already the case with the October update.

Dermotron is online now Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain
    Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    The History Project Tool doesn't report an issue with Sunderland when running a check versus the DB either. I wonder are there any other clubs that are ignored

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    The History Project Tool doesn't report an issue with Sunderland when running a check versus the DB either. I wonder are there any other clubs that are ignored
    Saint-Étienne always being Saint-Étienne B in the histories is another bug (see for example Aubameyang, or a lot of players at Saint-Étienne in their recent histories). And it's not about their matches with the B team, because the stats are right, but they are assigned to Saint-Étienne B instead of just Saint-Étienne.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravanelli For This Useful Post:

vCash
    In my game Thomas Tuchel while playing in 4-4-2 gets sacked on his first season, can't win the league but wins two cups.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rxx For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hey guys...I got the v3.9.68T comp_stats..cpp 1664 error...anyone can help me?

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lecontef View Post
    Hey guys...I got the v3.9.68T comp_stats..cpp 1664 error...anyone can help me?
    You are trying to add the Data Update to a saturn patched exe, it won't work. You'll need a clean install or copy cm0102.exe from a different folder to.your active one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    You are trying to add the Data Update to a saturn patched exe, it won't work. You'll need a clean install or copy cm0102.exe from a different folder to.your active one.
    Thanks!

vCash
    Hey guys, great update. Thanks to everyone involved in it

Dermo: awesome work with the finance, it runs smoothly

I've noticed that pretty much every competition history is completely off (i.e. Romania winning the Copa America).

Other than that, top notch guys!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kubz For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Small detail that until today's Huesca match didn't get my attention... Brahim Diaz is a Real Madrid player

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kubz For This Useful Post:

Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain

vCash
    Cheers Kubz.

On the histories, did you validate the DB or anything like that? Not seen the histories you are referring to.

Brahim "€23m from Man City" Diaz? He's there already

vCash
    Great update guys. Didn't start a long career game yet, but holidayed many times while testing the conversion of the db for v6 patch (or v7) and all nations, leagues, clubs and players seems pretty well balanced in this update.

Also very happy to see you have added many of the changes I proposed in the preview save thread, and that they are working exactly as I expected.

One change that didn't work as I expected is the changes i proposed to Arthur, and i cant understand why. If I put this same arthur into oct2018 it works as I expected. But in march 2019, the problem is for some reason barcelona doesn't put him to play. When he gets sold to some other european club (betis, dortmund, juventus, porto, etc) his performances in those clubs are then exactly as I expected, except in barcelona.I think it isn't related to the tactic because some of those clubs use the same tactic as barcelona.

Thank you for the invitation to join the team, I don't know how it works, but of course I accept as long as i can continue doing technical stuff as ive been doing. In updating the db i can't do any better than you guys doing, but i would be happy to edit a few players ive been watching closely.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It was mainly the international competitions, such as, World Cup, Copa America, Asian Cup, African Cup of Nations, Etc.

I had done nothing to the DB, I noticed that the order of the winners was there but the names were all wrong, I wish I had screenshots but as I was only looking because I'm working BG I paid little attention and quickly edited the History of the winners myself.

As for Brahim

Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain

vCash
    That looks to be the wrong data mate

vCash
    I just re-download it and no Brahim and the history problem is back

vCash
    Oman are the new Brazil, Yemen the new Italy, Timor the new Germany etc

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Oman are the new Brazil, Yemen the new Italy, Timor the new Germany etc
    Yeah, the order is alright, but the countries are all messed up

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Where are you downloading it from?!
    From the downloads page

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Great update guys. Didn't start a long career game yet, but holidayed many times while testing the conversion of the db for v6 patch (or v7) and all nations, leagues, clubs and players seems pretty well balanced in this update.

Also very happy to see you have added many of the changes I proposed in the preview save thread, and that they are working exactly as I expected.

One change that didn't work as I expected is the changes i proposed to Arthur, and i cant understand why. If I put this same arthur into oct2018 it works as I expected. But in march 2019, the problem is for some reason barcelona doesn't put him to play. When he gets sold to some other european club (betis, dortmund, juventus, porto, etc) his performances in those clubs are then exactly as I expected, except in barcelona.I think it isn't related to the tactic because some of those clubs use the same tactic as barcelona.

Thank you for the invitation to join the team, I don't know how it works, but of course I accept as long as i can continue doing technical stuff as ive been doing. In updating the db i can't do any better than you guys doing, but i would be happy to edit a few players ive been watching closely.
    Regarding Arthur, he has less CA and considerably less reputation Than Busquets, Rakitic, Vidal and Coutinho. Therefore leaving him 5th choice in a 3 man midfield.

I'd say it's probably the reputation doing it more than anything else.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Hi guys, hats off once again to all involved in not only keeping this iconic game alive but also doing so by continually putting in the man hours as a hobby to produce the amazing data updates twice a year.

I haven't started a save yet with the March '19 data but I know I don't need to before thanking everone on the forum involved as it's a given it will be amazing when it's guys on this forum that have put it together once again.

As always - keep up the good work as words don't do justice to how much appreciated it is having this as a constant in our lives and especially when it is as close as possible to being a real life manager like we all crave every time we start her up.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kevin For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I uploaded the new update first in a long while.
    Well done on the work - I don't know how you keep your sanity doing it!?

Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fry78 View Post
    I don't know how you keep your sanity doing it!?
    pretty sure I'd have no sanity without it

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just to note for future updates Boa Esporte's ground is no longer the Fazendinha (Ituiutaba) capacity 3,840.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Est%C3...ha_(Ituiutaba)

It is now Estadio Prefeito Dilzon Luiz de Melo (Varginha) capacity 15,500.

https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estadi...n_Luiz_de_Melo

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fry78 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Barcelona

So i've noticed a few things.

Firstly, Arthur doesn't get on the pitch. After doing some testing, i found a good solution is to increase his current reputation to 170-175 ish, add values of 14 to Defensive Mid and Attacking mid (both previously set to 0) and bump his CA from 161 to 165. Arthur also has acceleration of 18 in the editor but only pace of 8. I'm sure this must be an error, but it has a large effect on his average rating. I'd say increase the pace to 15-16.

The next issue is Coutinho. Barca keep playing him in the midfield 3, but in real life he's more often used in the left of a front 3. To solve this, i changed Coutinho's Midfield and Attacking mid values to 15, and attacker to 20. Coutinho now plays all of his games as a left forward in a 433, but still shows as AM/FLC in game. Therefore anybody wanting to buy / use him for their own game can still play him in midfield with no problems. The only issue here, is that if Coutinho is ever sold, there's a possibility an AI manager could play him as a central striker.

Here's the results of the changes i made:

Ignore Coutinho being selected as FC, it was just for one game to cover absense of Messi and Suarez and the game was a dead rubber.

As you can see, moving Coutinho over to the left wing and making the changes to Arthur sees a very balanced number of appearances in Barca's midfield, very similar to real life. Even Alena picks up 15 appearances which i think is fantastic. I'd be interested to hear your thoughts.

The only other thing to mention, is that Dembele always leaves. I'm guessing you've intended that to be the case?
    Last edited by Coys; 04-04-19 at 03:39 PM.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coys For This Useful Post:

hi guys, thanks for the great update, just about to start playing, but 1 thing I noticed is Mbappe's age should be 20 and his value has dropped a lot from last season.

Director
    Manager
    Member of the Month
    VIP
    Captain

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    hi guys, thanks for the great update, just about to start playing, but 1 thing I noticed is Mbappe's age should be 20 and his value has dropped a lot from last season.
    He would have been 19 in August though when the game starts

He is still the highest valued player in France. Plus PSG's club rep has come down 2 points since October

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast