Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: March 2019 Data Update Feedback

vCash

Season start

Firstly just want to say fantastic work and well done to all involved.
    I have played 2 seasons now without a glitch, but the old set up is a pain ie Champs League and World Club has far too many games.
    Could somebody please tell me how to start in season 18/19 with the shorter season formats....I have Tapani 2:21 patch activated but when I go to change year to 2018 start the game will not load anfd gets stuck on "Initializing Data" page for an eternity and have to reboot PC to get back in.

Any help greatly appreciated, and go easy on me as only a newbie!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony10 View Post
    Firstly just want to say fantastic work and well done to all involved.
    I have played 2 seasons now without a glitch, but the old set up is a pain ie Champs League and World Club has far too many games.
    Could somebody please tell me how to start in season 18/19 with the shorter season formats....I have Tapani 2:21 patch activated but when I go to change year to 2018 start the game will not load anfd gets stuck on "Initializing Data" page for an eternity and have to reboot PC to get back in.

Any help greatly appreciated, and go easy on me as only a newbie!!
    Very easy, just foollow steps below:

Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    So, to summarise the instructions:
    1. Install the game and apply the official 3.9.68 patch.
    2. Download the new Data folder and extract it. Delete the Data folder currently in your Championship Manager folder and paste the new Data folder in there.
    3. Download the March 2019 update and extract the city.dat file only. Copy and paste it into your new Data folder.
    4. Select, or if necessary request, an exe in post #2. Download the exe, extract it and paste it into your Championship Manager folder, overwriting the file already there.
    5. Play.

vCash
    Hey guys! Well I finally got the updating right and the update is f'ing awesome. Thanks a lot to each and every one involved in it!! I just dropped by to give feedback on future signings (old members know that I'm a RM fan so I only play them or Juve) when you get the job RM has lined up a lot of youngsters and when you sign them they appear as "important first player" as role, I don't know if this is default but as soon makes them pissed before january and trying to correct to "hot prospect" makes them feel treated unfairly.

As for other more important signings like Rodrygo and Militao, a more realistic transfer sum, according to the player level would be nice since neither of them were signed by RM as their fee was deemed unrealistic by the board so I had to re negotiate for both of them.

I have one question regarding players "personality", is there a way to make them less greedy and less ambitious? For example, I have Lucas Vasquez asking for 90K/Week which would make him one of the top tier players in the squad (and this applies to Asensio, Nacho, etc.) and I have some Castilla players who feel like they should be first team regulars. I'm not talking about good players stuck on B Team but there are some 6.xx av. rat players who want first team.

Again, thanks for the update!

vCash
    The 4 argentinian coups in libertadores go to the 5 best in the clausura tournament. Is it possible to change for the 4 best in the general table plus the copa argentina champion?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lecontef View Post
    The 4 argentinian coups in libertadores go to the 5 best in the clausura tournament. Is it possible to change for the 4 best in the general table plus the copa argentina champion?
    You may need to ask in patching section as this is data update feedback

vCash
    Nuevo Colombino (Recreativo de Huelva stadium) should be 21.670, instead is 20.011.

A Malata (Racing de Ferrol stadium) have 12.042 seats instead of 8.500.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kullman View Post
    The UD Salamanca still appears on the data update, and disappeared 6 years ago.

There are two teams from Salamanca in the second division B, one is Unionistas and the other is Salamanca CF UDS.
    These were left in here as UD Salamanca are a greyed out team so we'd have people adding players to Salamanca and not seeing Salamanca CF when updating. Plus UD Salamanca is still linked to a B team which is Salamanca CF ever had one, would be unlinked.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JLa View Post
    This might be purely coincidental - I haven't done any research what so ever - but did you tune the frequency of players with high values for 'influence'? I ran into an "issue" where none of my starting eleven were suitable captains - most of them had really low values for influence (single-digit values!). I've never given this much thought previously, as "someone" in the squad always had high influence, maybe defenders in particular.

Is this all in my mind or did you change it?
    This should be resolved for the next database. Biggly.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubz View Post
    Hey guys! Well I finally got the updating right and the update is f'ing awesome. Thanks a lot to each and every one involved in it!! I just dropped by to give feedback on future signings (old members know that I'm a RM fan so I only play them or Juve) when you get the job RM has lined up a lot of youngsters and when you sign them they appear as "important first player" as role, I don't know if this is default but as soon makes them pissed before january and trying to correct to "hot prospect" makes them feel treated unfairly.
    This is a pain. One loophole is to give it 2 months then try to sell them. The next day take them off sale and set them back to hot prospect. A few minutes as a sub in a random game and they are happy again

As for other more important signings like Rodrygo and Militao, a more realistic transfer sum, according to the player level would be nice since neither of them were signed by RM as their fee was deemed unrealistic by the board so I had to re negotiate for both of them.
    It's a strange one, there are some clubs in game always cancel these. RM and Barca are the worst for it (ever noticed when you negotiate with Barca they never go mad like the other teams and offer way above the price, they either add at best 10% more or pull out of the deal). We'll test a bit more in future and maybe boost the selling club by the value they miss out on e.g. player is £20m (CM0102 money) but only £10m works, we'll add £10m to the cash of the selling club. (even though £5m would be more realistic as it's not all going to transfer funds like in game).

I have one question regarding players "personality", is there a way to make them less greedy and less ambitious? For example, I have Lucas Vasquez asking for 90K/Week which would make him one of the top tier players in the squad (and this applies to Asensio, Nacho, etc.) and I have some Castilla players who feel like they should be first team regulars. I'm not talking about good players stuck on B Team but there are some 6.xx av. rat players who want first team.

Again, thanks for the update!
    The B team is hard to manage. Reps too low and they never have a chance to make the first team, reps too high and they get demanding.

The thing with Lucas Vasquez is due to the clubs rep. If he plays at all or is involved in the winning of a competition his reps will get a massive boost.

vCash
    Hey Dermo, thanks for taking the time to answer man

Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    This is a pain. One loophole is to give it 2 months then try to sell them. The next day take them off sale and set them back to hot prospect. A few minutes as a sub in a random game and they are happy again
    I usually just leave them there to rot, but eventually you get someone decent and you try to develop him but its a pain or you try to put them on loan and the get moody about it.

It's a strange one, there are some clubs in game always cancel these. RM and Barca are the worst for it (ever noticed when you negotiate with Barca they never go mad like the other teams and offer way above the price, they either add at best 10% more or pull out of the deal). We'll test a bit more in future and maybe boost the selling club by the value they miss out on e.g. player is £20m (CM0102 money) but only £10m works, we'll add £10m to the cash of the selling club. (even though £5m would be more realistic as it's not all going to transfer funds like in game).
    The problem is not the money, the finances for this update are awesome, the thing is the amount. I remember Juve ODB having 2 players lined up for $$$, I think it was Signori and Cipriani one for 1.1M and the other 5M I believe.

Usually I had that issue with Kaka (ODB) and after scouting him I had no problem offering 10-15M, but with Rodrygo and Militao even after scouting them the board wouldn't go for it.

The B team is hard to manage. Reps too low and they never have a chance to make the first team, reps too high and they get demanding.

The thing with Lucas Vasquez is due to the clubs rep. If he plays at all or is involved in the winning of a competition his reps will get a massive boost.
    This is a pain, the game is quite balanced in terms of the update but having those 2nd tier players with big contracts makes it hard to keep the finances stable.

One last thing, I was doing some study of the game and reading the MV guide and may I say that giving Messi 20 determination might be a bit of overrating? (I know that it's funny coming out of a RM fan) according to the guide Determination is how much does a player wants to win the game and I think that Messi is just not that player (he plays on God Mode usually, but runs on skills not balls) I mean, he's done squat with Argentina (including losing 2 Copa America to Chile bwah ha ha) most of the WC matches he's average at best (even if FIFA wants to give him best player awards) and when Barcelona is lost he's nowhere to be seen (Liverpool, Roma, PSG).
    I think that is what separate CR from Messi, while Messi is waaaay more gifted than CR, CR can eliminate Atletico Madrid alone, he can keep at bay Spain alone and we are talking about a guy who's pushing 34 and he's still at top condition, this is a 20 determination not the guy who's nowhere to be seen when needed.

vCash
    Unionistas had a B team, and they are willing to create one...

vCash
    One last thing, I was doing some study of the game and reading the MV guide and may I say that giving Messi 20 determination might be a bit of overrating? (I know that it's funny coming out of a RM fan) according to the guide Determination is how much does a player wants to win the game and I think that Messi is just not that player (he plays on God Mode usually, but runs on skills not balls) I mean, he's done squat with Argentina (including losing 2 Copa America to Chile bwah ha ha) most of the WC matches he's average at best (even if FIFA wants to give him best player awards) and when Barcelona is lost he's nowhere to be seen (Liverpool, Roma, PSG).
    I think that is what separate CR from Messi, while Messi is waaaay more gifted than CR, CR can eliminate Atletico Madrid alone, he can keep at bay Spain alone and we are talking about a guy who's pushing 34 and he's still at top condition, this is a 20 determination not the guy who's nowhere to be seen when needed.
    Look at the statistics of Ronaldo last five years... he is not near of the player who was 5 years ago...

Messi 51 goals in 50 matches...

vCash
    Determination is basically ambition to be the best they can be. Both ooze that just in different ways. Can't score Messi's volume of goals on talent alone.

Anyhow they are both special cases. If we tried to make them highly accurate on pure visuals performance would suffer and in their case performance is the be all and end all

vCash
    Look at the statistics of Ronaldo last five years... he is not near of the player who was 5 years ago...

Messi 51 goals in 50 matches...
    So he scores goals... last time Barcelona was at a CL final was 8 years ago, that's almost a decade ago.

As for CR... he was busy winning 4 of those CL Barcelona missed (and we all know how important he was in winning those CL's, take a look at RM without him last season). You are proving my point exactly, while Messi is a fucking great player, he's not a decisive player, he's won't carry the team and do Liverpool, Roma or PSG on his own. The other monster in the game (modern age) does EXACTLY that. I'm not trying to put CR over Messi this is not that argument, my argument is that Messi, while a good player, shouldn't be a decisive player, because he hasn't been one for almost a decade, even if he scores all the goals in the world.

Determination is basically ambition to be the best they can be. Both ooze that just in different ways. Can't score Messi's volume of goals on talent alone.

Anyhow they are both special cases. If we tried to make them highly accurate on pure visuals performance would suffer and in their case performance is the be all and end all
    I get that, but a 20 in determination and a 20 in important matches after 8 years of goals but nothing else... the last 3 CL semis should more than qualify him for less than that and his Argentina performances should ratify the fact that he's not a decisive player and he hasn't been for a long time... if he ever was one at all (I do believe that Barcelona's decline came as Xavi and Iniesta were passing their prime)

vCash
    Greetings fellow Champ Man fans,

First of all a massive thank you to all of those who made continuously enjoying this game possible.

Just a quick observation about tactics:

Having downloaded the original game/database, with no patches or updates, much success was had with the classic 4-1-3-2 formation. Great campaigns were had with Fulham, Atalanta and Rushden & Diamonds.

Then the March 2019 update was discovered...

I thought I would try to restore my beloved Man Utd to their former glory, but soon realised that the 4-1-3-2 was no match for the new AI tactics. So much so, in fact, that after finishing a disappointing 1st season outside the CL places, I was duly sacked.

Incredible, I thought. There's no way the all-conquering 4-1-3-2 (Attacking, Passing = short, Tackling = hard, Pressing, Offside Trap, No Counter Attacking/Men Behind the Ball) could fail so spectacularly, it must be down to me.

So I rebooted the game and...the same thing happened.

After a quick perusal of this thread, I noticed that others were having the same difficulties.

Thus, 3rd time lucky:

I checked to see what the most successful teams (Liverpool, Man City) were using, and tweaked the tactics to my advantage. Both of the following formations used the same 4-1-3-2 tactics, with only the mentality changing from Attacking > Normal away from home, and likewise at home against the bigger teams.

Away from home:

Default 4-5-1. Fullbacks providing crosses and direct passing. FC holding up ball. FC, CM, wingers and FBs making forwards runs. CM and wingers running with ball. Two CMs either side of main CM making no forward runs, no running with ball, providing through balls and taking long shots. CBs man-marking, with one or both of the 2 sitting CMs also man-marking depending on quality of opposition.

This successfully stifled the opponents, limiting them to few shots, and many 0-1 victories were had. However, away goals were not readily forthcoming, so if losing with 20/25 mins to go, I would change to the home formation:

Default 4-3-3. Cancelling the forward arrows of the 2 wide CMs, and adding one to the main CM. Again, Fullbacks providing crosses and direct passing. FC holding up ball. FC, CM, FL/R and FBs making forwards runs. CM and FL/R running with ball. Again, sitting CMs making no forward runs, no running with ball, providing through balls and taking long shots. Again, CBs man-marking, with one or both of the 2 sitting CMs also man-marking depending on quality of opposition.

These changes immediately altered the fate of my team, and although I was not immediately successful (won 1st PL and CL in the 3rd season), at least I wasn't being beaten at home by the big teams and battling for draws/a last-minute winner away against smaller teams.

Anyway, a long-winded way to say I love how this game has evolved, and using up-to-date players is hugely satisfying and adds to the current-game knowledge in the same way the original game did all those years back.

So thanks again to those hard-working football fans who made this all possible, and if my tactical musings manage to help at least one person overcome their respective league, I'll be a happy man.

All the best,

Gary Proud

vCash
    So he scores goals... last time Barcelona was at a CL final was 8 years ago, that's almost a decade ago.
    They won the CL in 2015, 4 years ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    They won the CL in 2015, 4 years ago.
    Oh shit, sorry you're right. My bad.

vCash

As for CR... he was busy winning 4 of those CL Barcelona missed (and we all know how important he was in winning those CL's, take a look at RM without him last season). You are proving my point exactly, while Messi is a fucking great player, he's not a decisive player, he's won't carry the team and do Liverpool, Roma or PSG on his own. The other monster in the game (modern age) does EXACTLY that. I'm not trying to put CR over Messi this is not that argument, my argument is that Messi, while a good player, shouldn't be a decisive player, because he hasn't been one for almost a decade, even if he scores all the goals in the world.
    Ejem...

How many CL won Messi with the Barcelona?

Last one wasn't 8 years ago, but 4 years ago (2014-2015).

As all players, including Ronaldo, Messi had a few bad matches, but most days is decisive with his team, and you can verify that looking at the stats.

If Messi score all the Barcelona goals in a match, he is decisive in that match, if he score the winning goal in a match, he is decisive in that match, if he assist to that winning goal, he is decisive in that match.

You can't win a match without goals.

vCash
    The game manual that comes with the iso mentions:

Determination: The player's "will to win". Determination comes into effect when your team is behind in a game and also affects the extent to which a player will train.
    Regarding training, I think Messi has a huge determination, like a 20. But regarding the will to win, I agree with Kubz, I think messi dont deserve a 20 for that. Thats the reason why I think Maradona was greater than Messi.

In this game against liverpool, Barcelona behind the game and Messi looked so indiferent. Now look how CR7 behaved in the same situation, Juventus needing to score 3 goals and he did it alone, and did the same in previous CL too. Even Lucas Moura (who is infinitelly far from messi's talent) showed more determination than messi when the team was behind.

I think a 18 would be more realistic for Messi's determination. Won't compromise his training and still he did perform well in some games when behind score in real life (but not so frequently as CR7 and a few others). As determination is a non-CA attribute, it won't impact his other attributes, so seems to be a safe change that should only affect his "will to win".

vCash
    Ejem...

How many CL won Messi with the Barcelona?

Last one wasn't 8 years ago, but 4 years ago (2014-2015).

As all players, including Ronaldo, Messi had a few bad matches, but most days is decisive with his team, and you can verify that looking at the stats.

If Messi score all the Barcelona goals in a match, he is decisive in that match, if he score the winning goal in a match, he is decisive in that match, if he assist to that winning goal, he is decisive in that match.

You can't win a match without goals.
    Um, ok...

06 - Arsenal
    08 - Man Utd
    11 - Man Utd
    15 - Juventus

Let's go to the other side:

08 - Chelsea (at Man Utd)
    14 - Atlético Madrid
    16 - Atlético Madrid
    17 - Juventus
    18 - Liverpool

You are right, you can't win a match without goals... against Liverpool, against AS Roma, against Juventus, against Chile (x2), against Germany, like I said... he's a fucking great player, his stats speak for himself but he's not a franchise player he just won't pick your team and carry it alone, that's an "important matches player" a WC final is an important match, a 2 CL semis and 1 quarter losing 3 goal leads are important matches, 2 Copa America finals are important matches... Messi scoring 3 or 4 against whoever is not, 50 goals won't win you a CL (Messi has been probing that for the last 3 years) what's the point of scoring 50 goals if you can't get 1 in an actual important match? or when you are so nervous that you throw up in important matches or before important matches?

I'm not arguing that Messi shouldn't be scoring 50+ goals a season (he does, you have pointed that out TWICE), I'm arguing that shouldn't have 20 det and 20 important matches, considering that when they are actually playing important matches he's nowhere to be seen (for more, read the last paragraph) and even scoring 100 goals a season won't change the FACT that Messi is not an important matches player watch again the all of the matches mentioned above and please tell me that's how a player of his caliber should act in a decisive match.

Leaving alone the CR / Messi pissing contest, an important matches player should be a guy who won't get intimidated by the game and still DO his thing, he's doesn't need to be a beast like Messi or CR, for example Sergio Ramos is a 20 important matches, Arturo Vidal, Eto'o, Del Piero, Maldini, Salah. They might not score 50 a season but Ramos scored a 90+ header (twice) and missed a pen only to start scoring them panenka-style, Chile wouldn't have won 2 Copa America (against guess who...) or stopped Germany only losing 1-0 in the confederations cup without a guy like that, or Beckham with that freekick or Baggio in that pen in the WC finals or half of Germany in the 14 WC when they did 7-1 to Brazil (in Brazil!!!) and then won the cup against Messi (of all people) playing a national team match with a broken ankle is an important matches player, that's a decisive player.

vCash
    So, I was looking at Marc Vaughan "General Guide to Championship Manager 3 - Season 01/02" and Marc had this to say about Important Matches:

Important Matches Even the best players can crack up when it comes to the World Cup final
    I'm not gonna lie, I laughed my ass off, Marc had a crystal ball.

vCash
    Para ti la peseta...

Messi is the best player in football today, and Ronaldo's performance has been dropping for three years.

And that's what the stats must reflect.
    Last edited by Kullman; 11-06-19 at 09:34 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    The game manual that comes with the iso mentions:

Regarding training, I think Messi has a huge determination, like a 20. But regarding the will to win, I agree with Kubz, I think messi dont deserve a 20 for that. Thats the reason why I think Maradona was greater than Messi.

In this game against liverpool, Barcelona behind the game and Messi looked so indiferent. Now look how CR7 behaved in the same situation, Juventus needing to score 3 goals and he did it alone, and did the same in previous CL too. Even Lucas Moura (who is infinitelly far from messi's talent) showed more determination than messi when the team was behind.

I think a 18 would be more realistic for Messi's determination. Won't compromise his training and still he did perform well in some games when behind score in real life (but not so frequently as CR7 and a few others). As determination is a non-CA attribute, it won't impact his other attributes, so seems to be a safe change that should only affect his "will to win".
    Sorry didn't see this post. I agree with MadScientist, I'm not saying lower him to 10, but 20 is unrealistic. It is not about who's the best player or not.

vCash
    Para ti la peseta...

Messi is the best player in football today, and Ronaldo's performance has been dropping for three years.

And that's what the stats must reflect.
    I would keep trying to make you understand my point and explain to you for the third time what is ACTUALLY my point, but you clearly are being obtuse on purpose and still trying to make it a pissing contest between CR and Messi.

So I'll leave you with this... "Ronaldo's performance has been dropping for three years"... and your sentence should have kept reading "and he's still won 200% more CLs the same period and 200% more international competitions with his country than Best Player In The World, Lionel Messi." así que la peseta te la quedas tu.

vCash
    "However, I must say that you rarely see Ronaldo in the decisive matches. Then he goes on to score the goal to make it 4-1, with a penalty, and wants to be celebrated for it. But that's the way he is, too."

Jürgen Kohler (105 caps with Germany)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast