Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VAR come to CM0102

vCash

VAR come to CM0102

I have adapted the Ultimate Match Commentary pack v3 (to be found in the downloads section) so that it finally includes VAR!

VAR stands for video assistant referee. It is actually a team of three people who work together to review certain decisions made by the main referee by watching video replays of the relevant incidents.

Technically it was only possible to have them review the referees decisions about penalties and players' claims for penalties. I could not have the VAR review decisions about direct red cards.

Here's a link to the file to be put in your data folder or directory (to overwrite the original file, which you may want to make a backup copy of first!).

New link with improved version 22 April 2019 which includes penalties, goal-line technology and red cards:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3djhjf28yts7vgi/Var.zip?dl=0
    Last edited by samsami; 22-04-19 at 09:30 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Haha how does this work? What percentage of decisions will be ruled over?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Haha how does this work? What percentage of decisions will be ruled over?
    Good question!

It actually doesn't change the game at all. Only the wording of the commentary.

Instead of just looking over at his assistant and making a quick decision, every now and then (not always, obviously) I inserted a statement about the VAR being consulted. Plus there's a longer pause inserted there as well now.

So it doesn't change any decision. Where the ref decides to give the penalty after looking at his assistant he now does the same after consulting the VAR. Where he does not give a penalty because of the linesman's flag, say, he now does not give the penalty because of the VAR.

I'd like for it to be tested. I can easily change how often VAR is consulted and also the length of the pause as you wait for the VAR's decision.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    It cheat if you play for Real Madrid ((

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to unspace For This Useful Post:

vCash

vCash

vCash
    I HATE the VAR, but will definitely give this one a go as it probably isn't as dodgy as the IRL one

Well done samsami!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobclear View Post
    I HATE the VAR, but will definitely give this one a go as it probably isn't as dodgy as the IRL one

Well done samsami!
    Thank you, sir

The VAR will kick in every now and then, just like IRL. So you may not notice it for a long time, but you will see it in match reports of games where there was a penalty. And course not with every penalty, either.

vCash
    I'm looking at potentially throwing this in with my current commentary file, which is (I believe the Mega Pack in the Downloads section as well as one that has only recently been released). I run it on x4 on Fast for first half and Slow for 2nd half.

Well done again and I'll be trying to implement this one in the near future.

vCash
    I'm looking at potentially throwing this in with my current commentary file, which is (I believe the Mega Pack in the Downloads section as well as one that has only recently been released). I run it on x4 on Fast for first half and Slow for 2nd half.

Well done again and I'll be trying to implement this one in the near future.
    Yeah, I have used the Mega Pack as well.

The main point is that I made sure that when one of the several comments about the VAR comes up on screen the decision can still go either way. So for each situation where the VAR kicks in there are always two possible outcomes.

That was a bit tricky.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Yeah, I have used the Mega Pack as well.

The main point is that I made sure that when one of the several comments about the VAR comes up on screen the decision can still go either way. So for each situation where the VAR kicks in there are always two possible outcomes.

That was a bit tricky.
    Well well done for getting over that roadbump.

Had a couple of decisions so far, both went the other way. One was a pen and another was GLT (Goal Line Technology)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

vCash
    haha nice mod

18. The Following User Says Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Does it only work when selecting english as language?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rxx View Post
    Does it only work when selecting english as language?
    Yes, but it can fairly easily be adapted for other language by translator(s).

21. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

Rxx

vCash
    If anybody needs help to make the VAR work in another language than English you can let me know!

I have only changed the english text file.

vCash
    I like the idea of this, I had thought about trying to do something similar for the patches when goal-line technology came in. The reason I didn't add goal-line technology or VAR is that the game would show it for every match (VAR being used at some Swedish Second Division game with about 50 people attending it), plus the potential translation issues.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    I like the idea of this, I had thought about trying to do something similar for the patches when goal-line technology came in. The reason I didn't add goal-line technology or VAR is that the game would show it for every match (VAR being used at some Swedish Second Division game with about 50 people attending it), plus the potential translation issues.
    Indeed! That's why it's so nice to be able to add it to the language text files which you can then decide not to use when you play in lower leagues.

It's already working nicely. Still improving it a bit though before submitting it to be put in the Downloads section.

There is a problem, though. You cannot add the VAR to the language files if there is only one outcome possible, like with red cards. Or you can, but the card will always be given so it's pointless. With penalties and in the 20 April version also with goal-line technology it works fine because there are two options in the language files.
    Last edited by samsami; 20-04-19 at 08:37 AM.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    Also, the advantage of having it in the language text file is that you can use the original file in lower leagues and when you get promoted and play in top leagues you can load the text file with VAR.

vCash
    great stuff gonna give a try, it downloads as a txt file not a cfg file, how do I put it in game, im not great with this technical stuff thx in advance for your help.
    Last edited by upthehammers; 19-04-19 at 10:14 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by upthehammers View Post
    great stuff gonna give a try, it downloads as a txt file not a cfg file, how do I put it in game, im not great with this technical stuff thx in advance for your help.
    I put a new link in the first post and also here

This is the proper name (so .cfg and not .txt)

It's also newer and in addition to penalties it now works properly with goal-line technology as well.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    sorted now thx a lot gonna give it a go

32. The Following User Says Thank You to upthehammers For This Useful Post:

vCash

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Awesome stuff samsami - do you plan on adding this to the Downloads section?

vCash
    Awesome stuff samsami - do you plan on adding this to the Downloads section?
    It has just been added to the downloads section; thanks to GFRay.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks Samsami, makes the game even more realistic!

Do I need to start a new game to introduce the VAR?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast