Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Patch +v7 (+v8 in Post #377)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    exactly

game speed set to 1 (default). Inflation im not sure how to "untick" it, i think you need to put 2x if your v7 .exe is double values and 1x if not double values, maybe @Nick can clarify.

Just hover your mouse on each item and it explains, some of them are already included in saturn v7 exe though so you wont want to tick them

upload to image uploading site and it will give you forum link, copy and paste the link here
    AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

So I followed the instructions to the letter. Unticked absolutely everything except for changing the resolution to 1280x800. There is no "1" for game speed so just set to default. Opened the game and getting the exact same issues with the backgrounds overlapping each other. I also noticed that the bottom of the game screen was cut off so I wouldn't be able to click on the button to load the game anyway. Surely this shouldn't be so difficult.....or is it just me?!?!?

vCash
    Beta period over, new patch soon.
    Last edited by saturn; 25-10-19 at 08:01 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dabla27 View Post
    AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

So I followed the instructions to the letter. Unticked absolutely everything except for changing the resolution to 1280x800. There is no "1" for game speed so just set to default. Opened the game and getting the exact same issues with the backgrounds overlapping each other. I also noticed that the bottom of the game screen was cut off so I wouldn't be able to click on the button to load the game anyway. Surely this shouldn't be so difficult.....or is it just me?!?!?
    That should have worked, not sure what went wrong.

Try going to game options and disable background changes and see if that helps.
    Try installing a background pack of your choosen resolution (although it shouldn't be needed if used nick's patcher as it converts existing backgrounds)
    Or just pick an existing 1280x800 exe and install a background pack of 1280x800

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saturn View Post
    v8 will have a lot of fixture rescheduling in a few leagues (England, Italy, Spain and World Cup Qualifying) as well as a big boost for regens, so I think both need some testing before a release. The beta is just the March 2019 data (with a couple of Chinese and Italian clubs shuffled around because of league restructuring) and a 2019 start year with some new patches.

Everyone will have to create their own exe in the next release too, so this will also be a chance to familiarize yourself with the process now.

1. Download the v8 beta Data folder from here and unzip it. Delete the Data folder in your Championship Manager folder and replace it with this.
    2. Download the cm0102.exe from here. This is the latest exe from the Renaming project (1.4.6). Delete the one in your Championship Manager folder and replace it with this.
    3. Download Tapani 2.22 from here. Open it (make sure you're running it as an administrator) and select whatever Tapani options you normally choose, but make sure you choose 2019 as the start year and don't tick the Development / benchmark mode.
    4. Download Nick's patcher from here.
    5. Download the .patch files from here and unzip them. These will be used with Nick's patcher to create your new v8 beta exe.
    6. Open Nick's patcher (make sure you're running it as an administrator). Ignore all the options (it doesn't matter what's ticked or not) and select the Tools button on the bottom left.
    7. Choose Apply Patchfile, the second option.
    8. Navigate to where the downloaded .patch files from step 5 are on your computer and double click on the +reversals file. You should receive the message 'Patch applied successfully!'.
    9. Choose Apply Patchfile again and now double click on either the v8 beta - new values if you want updated values, or v8 beta - old values if you want the original values. You should again receive the message 'Patch applied successfully!'.
    10. Play.

Known issues in the v8 beta:
    *FIFA Club World Cup: European and South American teams may now potentially meet in the Semi Final (they are kept separate IRL).
    *World Cup South American qualifying sometimes awarded extra qualifying spot, making their playoff versus an Oceanic team meaningless.
    Does it matter what CM version I have installed (.60 or .68) before doing the steps above?

vCash
    Yes, it must be .68.

vCash
    v8 will have a lot of fixture rescheduling in a few leagues (England, Italy, Spain and World Cup Qualifying) as well as a big boost for regens, so I think both need some testing before a release. The beta is just the March 2019 data (with a couple of Chinese and Italian clubs shuffled around because of league restructuring) and a 2019 start year with some new patches.

Everyone will have to create their own exe in the next release too, so this will also be a chance to familiarize yourself with the process now.

1. Download the v8 beta Data folder from here and unzip it. Delete the Data folder in your Championship Manager folder and replace it with this.
    2. Download the cm0102.exe from here. This is the latest exe from the Renaming project (1.4.6). Delete the one in your Championship Manager folder and replace it with this.
    3. Download Tapani 2.22 from here. Open it (make sure you're running it as an administrator) and select whatever Tapani options you normally choose, but make sure you choose 2019 as the start year and don't tick the Development / benchmark mode.
    5. Download the .patch files from here and unzip them. These will be used with Nick's patcher to create your new v8 beta exe.
    6. Open Nick's patcher (make sure you're running it as an administrator). Ignore all the options (it doesn't matter what's ticked or not) and select the Tools button on the bottom left.
    8. Navigate to where the downloaded .patch files from step 5 are on your computer and double click on the +reversals file. You should receive the message 'Patch applied successfully!'.
    9. Choose Apply Patchfile again and now double click on either the v8 beta - new values if you want updated values, or v8 beta - old values if you want the original values. You should again receive the message 'Patch applied successfully!'.
    10. Play.

*FIFA Club World Cup: European and South American teams may now potentially meet in the Semi Final (they are kept separate IRL).
    *World Cup South American qualifying sometimes awarded extra qualifying spot, making their playoff versus an Oceanic team meaningless.
    I am getting an issue when i am trying to download Tapani 2.22 from the link provided. It's failing to download, via Chrome and plus my security app, Bitdefender, is telling me it is an infected file with the Trojan.GenericKD.32184073. Any ideas why this is being red flagged?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stuboy72 View Post
    I am getting an issue when i am trying to download Tapani 2.22 from the link provided. It's failing to download, via Chrome and plus my security app, Bitdefender, is telling me it is an infected file with the Trojan.GenericKD.32184073. Any ideas why this is being red flagged?
    Dont worry, there is no trojan. Your security app only detected that the tapani.exe file is capable of patching an .exe file (thats what trojan.generic means), but thats exactly what you want, so just ignore and download it.

vCash
    Everyone will have to create their own exe in the next release too
    While I agree with this change in the approach (that people who want new .exes should create themselves rather than you), I think we can provide an easy alternative to those who don't want or can't do that:

We can convert all v7 .exes into v8 .exes and reupload them all (I even volunteer myself to do that, as I think it can be done very quickly, maybe in less than 5 minutes total, not counting upload times): Isn't it as easy as generating an universal v7tov8.patch file (by simply comparing a v8 .exe with a v7 .exe of the same settings in flex), and mass applying this unique patch file to all existing v7 .exes? If thats the case, then if we put all v7 .exes in a single folder I really think we could do it all in less than 5 minutes with Nick's tool (not counting zip/upload times).
    Last edited by MadScientist; 09-10-19 at 03:35 PM.

vCash

10. Play.

Just wanted to check once i have completed the actions as described for step 9, would i need to do anything else, say select apply within Nick's Patch Tool to update the .exe? And lastly would we expect to see within Game Setting the following version: Version: 3.9.68T - Build Nov 21 2002 Tapani v2.22 + s7 or should we see 3.9.68T - Build Nov 21 2002 Tapani v2.22 + s8?

vCash
    Just wanted to check once i have completed the actions as described for step 9, would i need to do anything else, say select apply within Nick's Patch Tool to update the .exe?
    No, dont click apply. Just click apply patchfile and you are good.

vCash
    No, dont click apply. Just click apply patchfile and you are good.
    And would we expect to see within Game Setting the following version: Version: 3.9.68T - Build Nov 21 2002 Tapani v2.22 + s7 or should we see 3.9.68T - Build Nov 21 2002 Tapani v2.22 + s8?

vCash
    And would we expect to see within Game Setting the following version: Version: 3.9.68T - Build Nov 21 2002 Tapani v2.22 + s7 or should we see 3.9.68T - Build Nov 21 2002 Tapani v2.22 + s8?
    I did a fresh install and mine says Version: 3.9.68T - Build Nov 21 2002 Tapani v2.22 + s7

vCash
    While I agree with this change in the approach (that people who want new .exes should create themselves rather than you), I think we can provide an easy alternative to those who don't want or can't do that:

We can convert all v7 .exes into v8 .exes and reupload them all (I even volunteer myself to do that, as I think it can be done very quickly, maybe in less than 5 minutes total, not counting upload times): Isn't it as easy as generating an universal v7tov8.patch file (by simply comparing a v8 .exe with a v7 .exe of the same settings in flex), and mass applying this unique patch file to all existing v7 .exes? If thats the case, then if we put all v7 .exes in a single folder I really think we could do it all in less than 5 minutes with Nick's tool (not counting zip/upload times).
    I only persevered with the post #2 exes previously because JohnLocke's Flex was java-based and some people did legitimately have trouble with it and creating their own exes. With Nick's patcher people now have no excuse IMO. But if you want to do the post #2 exes then I am only too happy to hand them over to you. I will send you on the v7.to.v8.patch once v8 is finalized.

It will still say Version: 3.9.68T - Build Nov 21 2002 Tapani v2.22 + s7 for now. If you want to double check that you've done things correctly, then check to see whether China is a playable league, or that there's now only 20 teams in Italy's Serie B.

vCash
    It will still say Version: 3.9.68T - Build Nov 21 2002 Tapani v2.22 + s7 for now. If you want to double check that you've done things correctly, then check to see whether China is a playable league, or that there's now only 20 teams in Italy's Serie B.
    Just loaded up a new game and can confirm that China is a playable league, and there are only 20 teams in Serie B.

vCash
    I only persevered with the post #2 exes previously because JohnLocke's Flex was java-based and some people did legitimately have trouble with it and creating their own exes. With Nick's patcher people now have no excuse IMO. But if you want to do the post #2 exes then I am only too happy to hand them over to you. I will send you on the v7.to.v8.patch once v8 is finalized.
    yeah, the v7tov8.patch will be great, i will patch the v7 .exes very quickly with that and reupload

vCash
    With v7 patch i found that when i type "No Club" or "Italian" "English" or whatever nation in the "Player" search i can't find a lot of the free players which have "No Club" next to their name or are simply free agents.

Unpached all the players are available i belive.

This is not big of an issue for those who like CM scout.

But if u dont' want to use any software to judge the player abilities you may find urself stuck cuz u cant find any new regens who are free agents after update.

Another suggestion would be increasing "if possible" the manager regeneration or forcing clubs and nations to hire managers when they dont have any cuz if you don't play maximum database with all leagues in 20 years there's a lot of clubs without a manager and all of them play 5-3-2 v..whatever tactic.

It would be nice if clubs and nations have managers.

Btw when it comes to tactics i suggest removing or reworking the "new" 4-3-3 wide with the wib-wobed striker.

The only reason that tactic may dominate over the standard tactics is the pressing set to YES for all + offside trap.

If u put a simple 4-5-1 with offside trap + pressing vs that 4-3-3, with equal players the 4-3-3 loses.

Awesome work till now, i enjoy the patches ;]
    Last edited by Aeelon; 10-10-19 at 10:13 PM.

vCash
    cant get Tapani patch 2.22 to download. any ideas?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeelon View Post
    With v7 patch i found that when i type "No Club" or "Italian" "English" or whatever nation in the "Player" search i can't find a lot of the free players which have "No Club" next to their name or are simply free agents.
    This is part of Tapani patches rather than saturn's patch. An option to turn off would be great, doesn't add anything to the gameplay imo.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nathswans View Post
    cant get Tapani patch 2.22 to download. any ideas?
    downloaded now but every time i try to run it i get this error message...
    insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

anyone know why?

thanks

vCash
    I have an old issue with all patches :

Generally, the players shown on my team are only those are available. But when I manage several teams, it's not possible, available is unticked after I continue the game. It's not very important, but is it possible to solve it ?

vCash

Unpached all the players are available i belive.

This is not big of an issue for those who like CM scout.

But if u dont' want to use any software to judge the player abilities you may find urself stuck cuz u cant find any new regens who are free agents after update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    This is part of Tapani patches rather than saturn's patch. An option to turn off would be great, doesn't add anything to the gameplay imo.
    I know the thing you're talking about, I'm not sure what it really adds to the game either. I think I found Tapani's changes for this before, but I don't know if I noted them down.

Another suggestion would be increasing "if possible" the manager regeneration or forcing clubs and nations to hire managers when they dont have any cuz if you don't play maximum database with all leagues in 20 years there's a lot of clubs without a manager and all of them play 5-3-2 v..whatever tactic.

It would be nice if clubs and nations have managers.
    You can apply for jobs at clubs/nations with no managers and they'll hire somebody. I usually add a second manager to do just this as you'll get board confidence/loyalty drops if you do it too often with your main manager. Automating the process would be useful but I'm not sure how easy it would be to do.

Btw when it comes to tactics i suggest removing or reworking the "new" 4-3-3 wide with the wib-wobed striker.

The only reason that tactic may dominate over the standard tactics is the pressing set to YES for all + offside trap.

If u put a simple 4-5-1 with offside trap + pressing vs that 4-3-3, with equal players the 4-3-3 loses.
    I won't be touching the tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by nathswans View Post
    downloaded now but every time i try to run it i get this error message...
    insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

anyone know why?

thanks
    Probably your anti-virus preventing it from running. Try adding the Tapani to your anti-virus' whitelist / add it as an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by Solis View Post
    I have an old issue with all patches :

Generally, the players shown on my team are only those are available. But when I manage several teams, it's not possible, available is unticked after I continue the game. It's not very important, but is it possible to solve it ?
    So you want the Available Only option to always be ticked? If so then I wouldn't know how to do that.

vCash
    I know the thing you're talking about, I'm not sure what it really adds to the game either. I think I found Tapani's changes for this before, but I don't know if I noted them down.
    Maybe from this in Tapani:
    Code:
    005A4207  |.  E8 C4213C00 CALL 009663D0
    To revirgin it to the 3.9.68 of:
    Code:
    005A4207  |.  B9 5044B700  MOV ECX,OFFSET 00B74450
    Could be completely wrong - not tested it

vCash
    Hi saturn
    Usually after the window closes clubs can still hire free players. That is something you can add for the next patch?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post
    Maybe from this in Tapani:
    Code:
    005A4207  |.  E8 C4213C00 CALL 009663D0
    To revirgin it to the 3.9.68 of:
    Code:
    005A4207  |.  B9 5044B700  MOV ECX,OFFSET 00B74450
    Could be completely wrong - not tested it
    Excellent, that's the one! Thanks for that, I had it buried in some 2.16.2 vs 2.17 changes - would've taken ages to find!

Quote Originally Posted by bruebous View Post
    Hi saturn
    Usually after the window closes clubs can still hire free players. That is something you can add for the next patch?
    No, not really. It would mean adding an entirely new window to a country's transfer window code, along with all the rules for that window and all relevant messages for it. Also from a gameplay point of view I think it would either prove to be either not really important (big leagues) or too important (smaller leagues where almost every transfer is a free transfer, rendering the actual transfer windows pointless).

vCash
    You can apply for jobs at clubs/nations with no managers and they'll hire somebody. I usually add a second manager to do just this as you'll get board confidence/loyalty drops if you do it too often with your main manager. Automating the process would be useful but I'm not sure how easy it would be to do.
    The automatization of such a process would be great quality of life improvement if there is a way to be done.

This will allow us to play with fewer leagues on and still face strong teams in the Champions League in long-term saves.

The issue is when a club or nation have no manager they play random (defensive most of the times) tactic, usually 532, 343, Sweeper and so on, and if the tactics are the default ones this results into these clubs losing games they could of won with proper tactic.

I think the overall performance of the AI clubs can be improved if they have managers, which will result in harder and more enjoyable gameplay.

I dunno about others, but for me this 1 is a big issue which if solved could be huge improvement to the gameplay.

Still the proper solution would be this to be done based on club reputation cuz its impossible for every club in the game to have manager.
    Last edited by Aeelon; 20-10-19 at 12:19 AM.