Thread: Podcasts

Tournaments Won: 1

vCash

Podcasts

Hi people.
    Some of you may know I play some football back when I lived in Scotland to a decent enough level. Now semi retired in Norway I was invited by a guy who does podcasts for lower league Scottish football.
    Now, I went in and talked for ages with him about my career, mental health, all manner of things, and it was a therapeutic and enjoyable day.
    It's long, and I don't expect many to stick it out, but if you want to hear about my career, hear me talk, and go on and on, then here it is.

http://www.tellhimhespele.com/episod...ton-part-five/

It's a five parter, yes that many. But it's a good listen as me and Craig talk about how I started at Queen's Park and where I ended up, why and how it all went.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by dweatherston11; 03-04-19 at 12:13 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dweatherston11 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Downloading now......

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Will give it a whirl mate

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AMC For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Will give it a whirl mate
    same here.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AJ For This Useful Post:

vCash
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Weatherston

And it gets better!

Enjoy this

Scouts.....

Can you come play for the Central Coast Mariners?
    Last edited by jacobclear; 03-04-19 at 01:05 PM.

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Just listened to Part I on the way home from work, great stuff looking forward to the rest of them!

Are you playing for Verdal this season? I see it starts next week...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobclear View Post
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Weatherston

And it gets better!

Enjoy this

Scouts.....

Can you come play for the Central Coast Mariners?
    Haha yeh I do enjoy that video. All my QoS goals.

Season starts next week at Verdal, not sure how much I'll play but I am registered and have been training but working weekends just now but hoping to play some times!

vCash
    Finished these this morning - not just blowing smoke up your ass, it was really good, thoroughly enjoyed it, would happily have listened if it was twice the length! Would recommend to any football fan, very interesting and insightful. And don't worry, the Scottish accents aren't strong

I think you can be very proud of your career. You'll no doubt rue what could have been without the mental and (latterly) physical issues, but what a way to spend a decade of your life! Plenty of highs with promotions and some amazing cup runs.

vCash
    Listened to the first episode a few days ago, a really good listen about your start in football and then your early seasons with Queens Park, from the sounds of things I imagine you still speak to a few of the lads given the bond you forged with them?

I believe I'm right in saying Craig Mulholland who you mentioned is now at Rangers in the academy/youth teams.

Loved how you talked about the real Ronaldo and the fake Ronaldo too

Funnily as a striker I also like to drift to the left but I'm nowhere near your level never mind Henry's

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    Finished these this morning - not just blowing smoke up your ass, it was really good, thoroughly enjoyed it, would happily have listened if it was twice the length! Would recommend to any football fan, very interesting and insightful. And don't worry, the Scottish accents aren't strong

I think you can be very proud of your career. You'll no doubt rue what could have been without the mental and (latterly) physical issues, but what a way to spend a decade of your life! Plenty of highs with promotions and some amazing cup runs.

Nice one. Thanks, appreciate the words. It was very enjoyable chatting with Craig, he does a good job.

As for the accent, that's being brought up in the posh part of Glasgow, I know how to speak properly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Listened to the first episode a few days ago, a really good listen about your start in football and then your early seasons with Queens Park, from the sounds of things I imagine you still speak to a few of the lads given the bond you forged with them?

I believe I'm right in saying Craig Mulholland who you mentioned is now at Rangers in the academy/youth teams.

Loved how you talked about the real Ronaldo and the fake Ronaldo too

Funnily as a striker I also like to drift to the left but I'm nowhere near your level never mind Henry's
    There is only one Ronaldo!

Yeh Craig went to Rangers not long after he was my manager at under 16's.

Speak to a few of the QP boys, what a team it was for that level, so many went on to have good careers.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to dweatherston11 For This Useful Post:

AMC

vCash
    Couple of my pals have started a Liverpool podcast - Just Another Liverpool Podcast. They didn't ask me to advertise it here but I listened to the latest one today and they seemed to approach it sensibly enough, so thought I'd put it here, especially as there are a few Liverpool fans on here! They only bang on about Liverpool for the first half an hour, then look around the league (obviously with red-tinted glasses) and moan/boast about their fantasy teams.

Pretty low production value, gonna give them a text telling them to throw a jingle between the parts, can't just be talking for an hour
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!