Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: 94/95 Update (in progress..)

vCash
    No, I can't see him either! (not under any name) Cafu is there - but you always need the pair He should be at Sao Paulo in in 94-95 too

vCash
    Spurs fan:

Steve Perryman was assistant manager at the start of the season.

‘Roni Rosenthal‘ should be ‘Ronny’

Gheorgi Popescu should have DMC as a a secondary position. (SW/DC/DMC).

Sol Campbell (as in CM3 and later) should be DC/LB (LB as a secondary position).

Secondary colours that season were Dark Purple (but maybe Navy is a better choice?). Third colours were light Yellow background and navy text.

Loving being able to play with the ‘Famous 5’!

There should only be 3 subs on the bench in the premier league.

Only 3 ‘foreign’ players were allowed in a match day squad in the English Leagues (‘Foreign’ being any nation outside the U.K.)

The next World Cup is still scheduled for Japan and Korea, would be good to get that changed to France if possible? Not sure if it was something VERY hard-coded into 01/02 though!

Don’t know how much of that is easy to mod?

Loving exploring that era as it is though! Keep up the good work 👍

vCash
    Very well done update. I love this era because it is when I first started watching football, and love CM0102, so I'm really enjoying this. I see you really took the time to look into what skills the players actually had.

Some suggestions:
    - Ronaldo who plays for PSV doesn't become a regular for the Brazil national team until around the year 2000. Maybe boost his national reputation and skills a little.
    - Players who I think are overrated: Savicevic, Balbo, Viola, Müller (Brazilian forward), Aron Winter, Guardiola, a few AC Milan players, Raúl.
    - Players who I think are underrated: Batistuta, Michael Laudrup, Overmars, Litmanen, Bergkamp, Figo, most Juventus players,

Maybe not make Koeman and Gullit love their clubs, so they are more likely to leave soon (as they did in real life). Yes they liked their clubs, but they also were happy to leave their clubs.
    Also it seems that major clubs are not really interested in Ajax' players, causing the team to stay in tact for much longer than it did in real life. Also Rivaldo and Roberto Carlos stay at Palmeiras for a very long time.

I see in the editor the average ability of players seems to have been tuned down, but in game they still appear as world beaters. Is this some change made to the game that I'm not aware of?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MT86 View Post
    Very well done update. I love this era because it is when I first started watching football, and love CM0102, so I'm really enjoying this. I see you really took the time to look into what skills the players actually had.

Some suggestions:
    - Ronaldo who plays for PSV doesn't become a regular for the Brazil national team until around the year 2000. Maybe boost his national reputation and skills a little.
    - Players who I think are overrated: Savicevic, Balbo, Viola, Müller (Brazilian forward), Aron Winter, Guardiola, a few AC Milan players, Raúl.
    - Players who I think are underrated: Batistuta, Michael Laudrup, Overmars, Litmanen, Bergkamp, Figo, most Juventus players,

Maybe not make Koeman and Gullit love their clubs, so they are more likely to leave soon (as they did in real life). Yes they liked their clubs, but they also were happy to leave their clubs.
    Also it seems that major clubs are not really interested in Ajax' players, causing the team to stay in tact for much longer than it did in real life. Also Rivaldo and Roberto Carlos stay at Palmeiras for a very long time.

I see in the editor the average ability of players seems to have been tuned down, but in game they still appear as world beaters. Is this some change made to the game that I'm not aware of?
    He was the star player in world up 98!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cam F View Post
    He was the star player in world up 98!!!
    I am talking about the game. In real he was a regular starter for Brazil from 1996 on, but in game he doesn't earn caps before 2000. Despite scoring loads of goals for PSV.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MT86 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Guys, when you launch the game to play this update which .exe do you use? If it's the 94/95 what to do with the 01/02? Delete? It stays there as it isn't replaced and I'm not sure if it conflicts with something

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jukilo1888 View Post
    Guys, when you launch the game to play this update which .exe do you use? If it's the 94/95 what to do with the 01/02? Delete? It stays there as it isn't replaced and I'm not sure if it conflicts with something
    This is what it says on the previous page (7):

Quote Originally Posted by Nick+Co View Post
    @marksbros6: Just unzip everything in the zip to its own directory - like on your desktop or c:\games or something - then run it from there. Should work without anything else.
    In essence you have two games now. Both called cm0102.exe but in different folders or directories.

If you put them in the same directory or folder it will mess up your original database.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    This is what it says on the previous page (7):

In essence you have two games now. Both called cm0102.exe but in different folders or directories.

If you put them in the same directory or folder it will mess up your original database.
    Cheers. My confusion with it was because someone mentioned that Nick's .exe is a Tapani one and when I start this from a separate folder is just a 3.68 one. But all is good, just a misunderstanding on my end.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jukilo1888 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bendt-b View Post
    Still playing this, great great work I must say. I especially like how you managed to have talents be less obvious that e.g. on ODB where everyone has 20´s on all their key attribute - I really feel I have to make a choice here: do I choose a pacey attacker or a strong one? Do I play with a Riquelme type of AMC playmaker, or a more box-to-box type?

I started my first and only save with Parma because they were by far the coolest team of the mid 90´s (and had no less than 4 players in Italy´s lost world cup 1994 final!). I have choosen Italy, Spain and England as playable leagues. I generally prefer to play the italian league as competition is much more fierce, and you have 5-6 teams which are contending for the top spots.

In my first season Milan won the Serie A with 89 points with me finishing 11 points behind as second. In Spain Real Madrid ousted Deportivo, and in England Aston Villa best Man Utd to the title. Deportivo won the CHL in front of Juventus.

A few comments so far:
    - I can take over e.g. Italy´s national team, but not e.g. Denmark´s or Belarus. Not quite sure why.
    - Germany´s national team / the players are relatively weak considering they won the Euro two years later
    - The average number of goals per team is low. I acknowledge that Italy anno 1994 was peak defensive football, but I suggest boosting players/tactics/managers a bit to make for a more attacking game (from a pure gameplay point of view)
    - I dont know how to fix this, but e.g. Paolo di Canio keeps gets selected for the italian national team as first choice FC, despite the following clearly being better: R. Baggio, Ravanelli, Vialli, Signori (and argubly Delvechio and Totti after a season or two!). The same applies for the midfield, where the last starting midfield on my save was: Lentini (LM), D. Baggio and Ruotolo (CM), Lombardo (RM) - where I would argue only D. Baggio belongs in that starting lineup for Italy.

Players that maybe need an adjustment:
    - Parma´s defensive stars (Appolini, Minotti and Benarrivo) could use a small boost in attributes to match their real world skills
    - Diego Maradona can play some matches depsite his drug ban (played 24 matches with 12 goals for Bayern Munich in his first season)
    - Van Basten was set to retire, but didnt and is now banging in goals for Milan (Frank Rijkard havent retired either)
    - Dejan Saviecevic, Mauricio Serna and Edgar Davids seems attribtues wise to be a little over-powered.
    - Roberto Carlos and Rivaldo appears when searching for players, but a lot of other South American talent doesnt (perhaps change their reputation so they become invisible)
    - Spice boys should get an attributes upgrade (English players are in general relatively low in attributes compared to e.g. Italy, France, Argentina, etc.)
    - Make the reputation of French players better - there are players as good as Milan players running around in Monaco/Bordeaux/etc. with no big teams signing them

Teams and tactics:
    - Juventus need an upgrade tactics wise or similar, they finished 21 points behind Milan in first season and is already trailing them 9 points 15 matches into season 2
    - Milan team is steam rolling everyone. They were good, but not 21 points better than Juventus featuring Baggio good.
    - I found while making my own version of Lussenhoff DB that changing most teams tactics to something that involves a DM and setting all managers mentality to attacking as well as giving them 20 in most attributes makes the gaming experience much more enjoyable as you cant sleep walk yourself to victory.

Transfers which I found weird/too cheap:
    - Alan Shearer moving for GBP 4,6 mio to Aston Villa
    - George Weah from PSG to Man Utd at GBP 12 mio
    - Marcelo Salas GBP 1,7 mio to Lazio
    - Evair and Cesar Sampio from Palmeiras are up for free transfer after 6 months asking relatively low wages

Players I signed after scouting which I recon should have been more expensive (i.e. no searching up their names):
    - I signed Javier Zanetti at GBP 4,6 mio
    - I signed Pavel Nedved at GBP 2,8 mio
    - I signed Hernan Crespo at GBP 4,2 mio
    - Zidane seems a bit underpowered, have signed him on Bosman with relatively low wage demand. Suggest to boost him and his reputation.

I dont as such object to people being able to find gems, but I suggest then to lower the amount of money available to the player in season 1 (or up the price of known future super stars).

I will keep playing and keep you updated on some recommendations. All in I would still rate this database 8 out of 10 stars!
    Thanks Bendt-B!

I haven't updated this database much in the past few years unfortunately, but thanks a lot for the comments. Not sure how I could adjust the database in accordance with some of your remarks, but I will see if I can create a little update. If you have any suggestions for attribute for players like Savicevic, Serna, Davids etc, let me know!

vCash
    I have been struggling with the Ajax team as well in the past with test runs. I never understood why the Ajax players wouldn't be transferred to the major clubs. The reputation of the Dutch league is not that high so you might expect that they would like to make a transfer to a more interesting league? Or is it just their (world) reputations that are not high enough?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paulfitz View Post
    If the patch could be fixed so that all the teams invest in players it would be the best update released so far.

I have played 2 seasons in Italy and Milan, inter, lazio have only bought youngsters for minimal value - morientes, Trezeguet, Van bommel and few others.

The major teams in Europe have spent no money and many have lost their star names on a Bosman.
    Have noticed this as well before. Still wondering what drives the clubs to buy players. Do they need rich, ambitious chairmans, a lot of money? Any suggestions from anyone?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678