Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Graphics Queries

vCash
    Hey guys.

On my old computer I have a sweet setup where te attributes are different colours. (Red best, then yellow). My problem is that i cant remember how to get this on my new computer.
    I have tried to copy all the data files onto my new computer, but it doesnt help.
    Anyone have an idea how to get this?

Edit: link to photo

https://image.ibb.co/dgQ2Sy/bale.jpg

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    You need a Tapani or Saturn patch and ensure you have "coloured attributes"

vCash
    I have tapani 2.21.1 and have enabled colored attributes. But the attributes aren't colored, is there somewhere I can turn that on?
    Thank you!

you can load the tapani patcher and your exe, and press detect to see if coloured attributes is ticked.
    Flex 2 is also able to add coloured attributes

vCash
    Hi there graphic geniuses!

So I've been recently experimenting with putting club badge backgrounds into my game and, for the most part, it's going okay. The biggest problem I'm having is with the colour white and how to make it dull enough that it doesn't overwhelm the foreground colours so that you can't make out stats or finances; but I also don't want to keep having to constantly put a darkened filter on my badges so that all my whites turn out cream or beige.

I was wondering if anyone had any tips or programs that they use to get the white dull enough but still white enough for the game (if that makes sense at all)?

At the moment I use paint to turn my jpg's into bmp's and then photo editor (the one that comes with windows 10) to mess about with the filters and get the background dark enough to go into the game. My skills on a computer are probably about intermediate tbh.

Any help would be great though lads

vCash
    to create them I use the "paint.net" program is very simple. to reduce the problem of white or very light colors, I usually put on a black layer in which I set a certain transparency value (128). explained so maybe it's unclear, but if you use that program everything will be clearer.

vCash

Darken backround images and player backrounds.

What program do people use to darken the background images in the game, I am trying to add a few but they seem too bright?

And secondly I cannot get some player background images to work even after inputting their name and a date of birth correctly in the configuration file is there any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Add a black layer in Photoshop and turn the opacity down until you like what you see

Read milo's 'Adding background to your game tutorial that's stickied in Graphics for the latter question

vCash
    To create my backgrounds I use Paint.NET (it's free and very easy to use) and as Dermotron says, after creating the background to the image
    I add a black layer and I modify the opacity (I usually put 128/255).

Download PaintNET HERE

vCash
    Thanks Guys.

vCash

BLACK background

Hi guys, after installing the Tapani patch 2.21.1 I have a black background, previously I didn't have background changes just the default background pic, please help me to resolve this, thank you. I did something a while back when I first installed the tapani patch unfortunately I cant remember everything I did, it involved moving or changing the 'default_pic.rgn' file
    Last edited by ikazi; 20-08-18 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Forgot to add

vCash
    I think I posted this before in the wrong way so I try this thread:

Its about creating your own background and Menubar installation

I have read the threads and followed the instructions and either I am stupid or I am slow

1. I have followed the Tutorial: How to install a Menubar (https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=383) and every step went beautiful until I start the game.
    My new menubar is not shown. Its all same as before.
    What am I doig wrong? As said I followed exactly the tutorial and everything was just fine.

2. I have read the threads with creating just ONE background and this RGN file shit is making me frustrated. First I tried to use the converter in the download section to take a BMP and convert it to a RGN file but all I get out of the converter is a file named just FILE and not RGN format ?????

So I went on reading in the treads about using the picture editor instead to create a RGN file and it all went fine doing so with a BMP file in 800x600.
    So next I find a guy who does not find the file in the created Pictures older. It does not save in there. He said on his computer it was saved somewhere else on the computer.

So daaaaaaa, where is it? I am using windows 10. I guess that is the main problem that the damn file gets saved somewhere else on the computer. I cant find it although I search for it.

Anyone knows where the file is located so I can move it to the data folder and rename it to "default_pic.rgn" as describd in the comments.

Please, I need help

vCash

Background Help needed

Hi All

I want to add some additional backgrounds for the players to the 2015-16 Players and Managers Pack (800x600) that i downloaded from here but the picture editor will not let me save the files as RGN, it looks like the ok button is missing when comparing it to the tutorial on here.

any ideas how i can convert the bmp to rgn without the pic editor working, or any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks
    Gavin

vCash
    I'm pretty obsessive about background pics so here goes how I do it...Firstly make a C:\cm folder on your hard drive then copy all of your whole Championship Manager 01-02 folder into C:\cm so basically you have another installation of 'Champ' to use and abuse!...Next delete all the pictures out of the C:\cm copied game folder so it 's empty..Next any BITMAPPED picture you want to add to the game put into the C:\cm folder outside of the CM 01-02 folder...Then make a shortcut to piced in the cm folder(it should be completely empty when you go to the TEST PICTURES option).....Then go to LOAD then BACKGROUND BITMAP option and type c:\cm in the Directory option at the top,you should now see all the BITMAPPED pics in the c:\cm folder you want to add to the game....Just name the bitmapped pic you want to use in the game and then copy and paste the RGN file that'll be in the PREVIOUSLY empty pictures folder and put it into your main Championship Manager 01-02 pictures folder....As long as the RGN file is correctly named in the PICS file(use Notepad to open it) within the main Pictures folder it will defo work.....I've been doing this since the February 2011 data update,works nicely when done correctly.......

Good luck....Any problems re-post on here and I'll try and help you...

vCash

HELP

Hi I want to add the stadiums pack to the background but I am unable to open the file when downloaded it says it cant open file I tried opening with the notepad but with no success.

you need to install a zip file opener or a rar file opener to extract the files to your computer

vCash

background stadiums

hi I downloaded the background stadiums but I have not got a clue how to get them on to the game I need a step by step guide please

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfran View Post
    hi I downloaded the background stadiums but I have not got a clue how to get them on to the game I need a step by step guide please
    Try reading at this link, here you can find the guide you are looking for

https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5868

vCash
    when I try to open the file in paint it says this is not a valid bitmap file ??

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfran View Post
    when I try to open the file in paint it says this is not a valid bitmap file ??
    You do not need to convert the files because they are already in the final ".RNG" format, so you do not have to follow the guide entirely.
    In the folder you have downloaded you will find RGN files copy them all in the "Pictures" folder that you find in the folder where you installed the game.
    Still in the folder you have downloaded, find a file called "pics.cfg" open it with notepad (or similar programs). Once you have opened copy all the lines you find between "[STADIUMS]" and "[STAFF] ... once copied follow the guide of the link that I gave you before starting from point 5)

vCash
    The background stadium fie I downloaded when I try to open with notes all the writing is in weird letters and I cant read it ??

vCash

Cool Menubar resolutions (Info Request)

I am playing in 1366 res on my current game... but I don't know what dimensions I need to create menubars in this resolution?

Any help appreciated. Thank you

vCash

Background Packs

Hi,

Looking for a background pack, there onces on here have the download link broken

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Bigladwithagame For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigladwithagame View Post
    Hi,

Looking for a background pack, there onces on here have the download link broken
    yeah i know, it's frustrating

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigladwithagame View Post
    Hi,

It's a bit vague, which ones have a broken link?

Members who have read this thread: 92