Thread: Central Coast Mariners Office (riise)

Tournaments Won: 5

vCash

Central Coast Mariners Office (riise)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I'll just pop a reminder in here to remove the Maltese part of our chairman name when the time comes

vCash
    Central Coast Mariners - S1 Squad Announcement

Manager - Jacob Clear
    Assistant - Nick Montgomery
    Coach - Patrick Zwaanswijk
    Coach - Pedj Bojic
    Coach - Josh Rose
    Coach - Daniel McBreen
    Coach - Paul Okon

Goalkeepers

Gianluigi Donarumma - Indispensable
    Sergio Asenjo - Backup
    Jasper Cillesen - Rotation

Defenders

David Zappacosta - Important
    Eric Hysaj - Rotation
    Marcelo Vieira - Important
    Theo Hernandez - Rotation
    Samuel Umtiti - Indispensable
    Vincent Kompany (C) - Indispensable
    Ruben Dias - Rotation
    Sokratis - Backup

Midfielders

Frenkie De Jong - Indispensable
    Gueye - Backup
    Sergej Milinkovic-Savic - Indispensable
    Marcelo Brozovic - Backup
    Arthur - Rotation
    Erik Lamela - Backup
    Hakim Ziyech - Indispensable
    Juan Mata - Rotation

Forwards

Sergio Agüero (VC) - Indispensable
    Sadio Mané - Indispensable
    Timo Werner - Backup
    Marco Asensio - Important
    Last edited by jacobclear; 06-05-19 at 12:39 PM.

vCash
    Official Squad post updated to show squad roles.

Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Big Danny MacBreen, what a guy.
    I played with him at St Johnstone. Cracking big lad.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    Big Danny MacBreen, what a guy.
    I played with him at St Johnstone. Cracking big lad.
    Whaddya know.

Club legend in these parts. I had him sign a jersey a few years back.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jacobclear For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    I saw dweatherston11 mention he was going to write a report/review and I liked that idea, so doing similar (didn't know whether to do it here or the Season 1 thread though)

Central Coast Mariners - August 2018

I was thrust into the Mariners hotseat at the eleventh hour after their former manager was sacked in disgrace. Working with players drafted by somebody else will be an interesting challenge, but one I'm up for - BTB commissioner GFRay ranks us seventh-strongest in his season preview, and that seems about right.

My first match in charge of Central Coast was at home against a strong-looking YNWA (Redknapp69). Serbian MC Sergej Milinkovic-Savic had the honour of scoring the club's first ever goal, giving us the lead on the stroke of half time. Marcelo broke his toe shortly after the break - luckily Elseid Hysaj was on the bench to slot in at left-back. That didn't stop YNWA equalising with their only shot on target of the match. Goalscorer Milinkovic-Savic picked up the man of the match award. I would've taken a draw before the game, but we really should've won this one. Central Coast Mariners 1-1 YNWA.

Our second match was away against a fairly scary-looking Torpedo Titsqueezers (AtomicAnt) side. After just four minutes, Gianluigi Donnarumma was extremely harshly penalised after a Ttisqueezer took a dive in the area - the penalty was duly dispatched to see us fall behind early. We played as poorly as YNWA did in the previous game, only testing the 'keeper once, and deservedly conceded a second goal 17 minutes from time. Torpedo Titsqueezers 2-0 Central Coast Mariners.

Our third-and-final match in August was at home to CPU-controlled Leicester - they've added a mixture of medicore players and talented youngsters, but I fully expected us to have too much for them. Sergio Aguero had us two goals up after 11 minutes, and Hakim Ziyech add a third shortly after. It was 4-0 before half time as Aguero completed his hat-trick from the penalty spot, but the potential clean sheet was lost just before the break as Leicester grabbed a consolation goal. We continued to dominate in the second half, with Ziyech scoring a second goal. Central Coast Mariners 5-1 Leicester City.

An alright start then, I reckon. Shame we couldn't beat YNWA in the end, but teams will come away from the hills with worse than a 2-0 defeat, so no shame in losing that one. Pumped Leicester - if we lose to any CPU teams beat us, I'll scream. Sergej Milinkovic-Savic was the stand-out performer this month, averaging 8.67, thanks in a big part to registering 9 and 10 ratings in the two victories. Sergio Aguero is right up there with the top scorers in the league after his hat-trick against Leicester.

Plenty to work with going in to September, where we face two CPU-controlled sides, so a good opportunity to move up the table maybe. Think we'll struggle if we pick up a few injuries, but we should have a fully fit squad by the time play FC Spectral, with Marcelo and Frenkie de Jong returning.
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Central Coast Mariners - September 2018

A tough match was expected against high-flying FC Spectral (Spectral), but our boys were in rampant mood. Marco Asensio and Davide Zappacosta had us 2-0 up after about an hour. The visitors did pull one back, but Sadio Mane restored our two-goal advantage, though. The only glitch was losing Arthur to a toe injury in the first half. Central Coast Mariners 3-1 FC Spectral.

Sergio Aguero already had us 1-0 up against CPU-controlled Spurs when they made our task even easier, reducing themselves to 10 men. Milinkovic-Savic and Sadio Mane grabbed themselves a goal each before the break, and Aguero added a fourth - his second - to complete the rout. Tottenham Hotspur 0-4 Central Coast Mariners.

Crooswijk Crocodiles (AJ) edged an even game to inflict a home defeat on us and end our three-game winning streak. They were already in the lead when we lost Samuel Umtiti to a 39th-minute red card. It wasn't a great tackle, but a straight red was harsh. We could've been forgiven for throwing in the towel against a strong Crocodiles lineup, but Hakim Ziyech scored a deserved equaliser, to give us something to hold on to. Sadly, we held on for about two minutes. Central Coast Mariners 1-2 Crooswijk Crocodiles.

Red cards galore in September - another CPU-controlled team saw one of their players given their marching orders. That was just after Hakim Ziyech had scored his second goal in as many games to put us in the ascendancy. Goals inevitably kept coming, with Sergio Aguero and Timo Werner helping themselves in the second half. Manchester City 0-3 Central Coast Mariners.

Not much can be gleaned from the comprehensive victories against the CPU-controlled teams, but the victory over FC Spectral was one to take great pride in (their only defeat hitherto). I can say fairly confidently that we would've got something from the game against Crooswijk Crocodiles, had it been 11 v 11. We sit 8th, six points off the top - hopefully we can make some progress in October.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Central Coast Mariners - October 2018

First up we travelled to Leeds to take on Young Boys (trunky). Some wild shooting from both sides, but they're too good for us in the end, with a couple of goals just after the hour. Losing Sergej Milinkovic-Savic to a torn groin (three months) probably hurts more than losing the game. Young Boys 2-0 Central Coast Mariners.

Another CPU team, another easy win - Sergio Aguero helps himself to a hattrick in this one... his second goal coming from the spot, for which an Everton defender was sent off. Hakim Ziyech also managed to get sent off before the pen was taken, for kicking a player that wasn't even involved! Sadio Mane grabs the fourth goal while Vincent Kompany limps off with a dead leg - nothing serious. Central Coast Mariners 4-0 Everton.

This one was the as much a shootout as the final score suggests, but we nearly came out of it the wrong side. Barnton Jam Butty Eaters (mikecoxon) take an early lead from the penalty spot (Marco Asensio's fault) and double their lead on the stroke of half time. A rousing half-time speech from me sees Aguero and Mane strike to get us back level. Looks like we've lost when we go behind in the 83rd minute, but Juan Mata pops up three minutes from time to rescue a point. Barnton Jam Butty Eaters 3-3 Central Coast Mariners.

A long journey to Scotl- wait... Carlisle... to face Tartan Army (dweatherston11), where Aguero missed a second-half penalty at 0-0, but we can't really rue the miss because anything here would've flattered us. Doesn't soften the blow of an 80th-minute winner for the hosts, mind. Tartan Army 1-0 Central Coast Mariners.

EFL Cup vs CPU team... Aguero has us 2-0 up after 14 minutes, Mane adds a third three minutes later - everyone relaxes for the rest of the game. Central Coast Mariners 3-0 Norwich City.

We continue to slap the CPU, but really struggle away from home against the other human managers. Perhaps understandable, given the quality of the squads. Milinkovic-Savic is the sole casualty heading in to November, where we face Cambridge Analytica (Dermotron) and Springburn (adnams). We currently sit 9th, but with two CPU teams also coming up next month, I reckon we should be looking up, rather than down.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Central Coast Mariners - November 2018

Nice easy free-hit int he first game of November, with CPU-controlled Chelsea coming to Bluetongue Stadium - didn't think it'd be quite this easy, though! 5-0 up at half-time courtesy of two goals each from Sadio Mane and Sergio Aguero, with Arthur chipping in with the other. Aguero's second penalty of the game secured his hat-trick before we had time to take the piss and get Vincent Kompany sent off for pushing some nobody.
    Central Coast Mariners 6-0 Chelsea

Although they were ranked as outsiders by the 0102Bet bookie, anything from a trip to The Emerdata to face Cambridge Analytica (Dermotron) would be welcome. We drew first blood after 20 minutes, through Timo Werner, only to be pegged back nine minutes later. There was only three other shots in the entire game, so I don't think either side can feel too aggrieved with the point.
    Cambridge Analytica 1-1 Central Coast Mariners

A good chance for three points against a rival manager when Springburn (adnams) came to town, given that they were lowest-ranked of all the human managers. Aguero's excellent season-long form continued, giving us a lead just after half time. It was by no means easy going and, in truth, quite an even game, but Werner secured the three points 11 minutes from time.
    Central Coast Mariners 2-0 Springburn

Away at Old Trafford was our final league game of November and, of course, we expected to crown a fine league month with a win against a CPU team. That looked to be the case for all of two minutes - Werner scored again just before half time but we were pegged back almost immediately. We went on to completely dominate the remainder of the game against 10 greyed-out players, only to have Kompany see his second red card of the month... we didn't manage a winner.
    Manchester United 1-1 Central Coast Mariners

EFL Cup, CPU team, blah blah blah - piece of piss. Nope. Got our pants pulled down by a team including four greyed-out players, one of which scored both of the game's goals as we came up empty.
    Arsenal 2-0 Central Coast Mariners

So, unbeaten in the league in November but those final two games leave a sour taste. We sit 9th and I reckon we're looking up, rather than down - only six points off 4th... December is moving month! Over-reliant on the incredible Aguero, I feel, though - 16 goals in 17 games has him dragging us along. Next-best is Mane with 7 goals, but Werner has done well since he's been starting, so he may be worth keeping an eye on next month.

vCash
    Central Coast Mariners - December 2018

The first of two games against CPU teams in December, it was fairly straightforward. A Sergio Aguero hat-trick had us 3-0 before the hour and although Kyrzysztof Piatek pulled one back, Frenkie de Jong restored our three-goal advantage with his first for the club.
    Central Coast Mariners 4-1 Liverpool

Damage was done in the first half in this one - Sadio Mane and Timo Werner had us two goals to the good at the break, and there wasno looking back as the hosts failed to muster a shot on target.
    Arsenal 0-2 Central Coast Mariners

Wow, did not see this one coming against Bangdemin (evesham). Mane put us into the lead in the first minute before adding another after 28 minutes. Werner and Arthur ensured we went into half time with a preposterous 4-0 lead. Karim Benzema scored a banter consolation in the 69th minute, but nobody cared.
    Central Coast Mariners 4-1 Bangdemin

Unfortunately for Atletico Madras (SteveHarle), de Jong was clearly hitting a purple patch goalwise, grabbing his second of the month and season to open the scoring at The Curry House. The home side fought back via two Lukaku goals either side of half time, but Marcelo popped up with a rare goal from left-back to ensure we grabbed a draw. Fancied our chances of winning this one against our struggling hosts, but can't really complain with an away draw.
    Atletico Madras 2-2 Central Coast Mariners

YNWA (Redknapp69) slapped us about in the first half here - we were about to go into the break 3-0 down until Aguero slotted a penalty away with the last kick of the half. The home side saw the second half out easily, so that was the end of the scoring.
    YNWA 3-1 Central Coast Mariners

No shame in losing to top-of-the-league Torpedo Titsqueezers (AtomicAnt), but the manner of the defeat will hurt us for a while. We were holding our own in a surprisingly even game, until Gabriel Jesus popped up in the last minute to break Central Coast hearts.
    Central Coast Mariners 0-1 Torpedo Titsqueezers

Not too bad a month, really. Struggled to really get going again, but was only really outplayed the once, at Anfield (YNWA ground, not Liverpool). Still difficult to win away from home against human managers, but that's not gonna change I don't reckon. In danger of allowing the teams ahead of us get away from us, but we currently sit in 9th place, so I guess I'll be happy if we don't come 12th