Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

vCash

vCash
    So after coming third in a three horse race with Derry in the chase for the First Divsion, I was hoping that that was the last of the AI teams having the season of their lives.
    Spoiler!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Can I go mimimum database for speed. With this and Alphabet Game, I'll need the time!
    Definitely, that and turning background leagues off are the best way to play this!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Effiong unmarked! View Post
    Why isn't the English National League North included?
    Good question, I guess it just didn't show up whilst I was putting the list together as it's originally the Welsh league. I was going through the competitions as listed in each nation in the game itself, before then putting the list together by their reputation set in the database.

vCash
    Great stuff generalsmuts, could you catch up with Derm...?

Well done too, saturn. I am still stuck at Wexford as absolutely ZERO jobs have come up for me to try and win the First Division myself

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Great stuff generalsmuts, could you catch up with Derm...?

Well done too, saturn. I am still stuck at Wexford as absolutely ZERO jobs have come up for me to try and win the First Division myself
    I doubt it lol 2 more nights dedicated to trying though this week so will see how I get on.

vCash
    Finding Antoine Griezemann's regen turned this into a procession

What clubs play the FA Trophy? Just non-league?

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Yep.
    Conference National only (and non playable teams) if there is no Conference North.

You gonna add Conference North to the list Mark?

vCash
    If so, can you add them together and try for a 2 in 1 job

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod

vCash
    Can't see why not.

Although if there's no Conference North, I think the Final comes after the end of the league season so you'd have to win them both in the same season, otherwise you'd go up into League 2 and not be eligible for the Trophy anymore.

vCash
    Having started the 2029/30 season by winning the one game I needed with Glenavon, it was off to Scotland's league two at the first opportunity. The first opportunity turned out to be Queen's Park, and the board wanted promotion so I was likely to be in the right spot.

The squad was thin so I signed a bunch of players, and at some point my scout found a player that I just couldn't not sign, despite his position being a little off:
    Spoiler!

After starting the season with 3 0-0 draws in a row, we quickly improved and established ourselves as one of the top teams. We also had some surprise wins in the Scottish Cup, beating top division teams Dundee, Aberdeen and eventual top league champions Hearts on our way to the final.

The Cup success was but a welcome distraction though, the league was the main goal. It was a tight race, but towards the end Stirling Albion got a few points lead and there was also a gap down to number three, so I was pretty much resigned to ending 2nd and having to find a new club next season with a few games left. Then Stirling lost a couple of games and before the penultimate game we were only one point behind them. We managed a 0-0 draw against 8th placed Annan, but they lost their game so we were even on points with us having one goal better goal difference (but many fewer goals) going into the last round.

The last round saw us play away at Queen of the South, while Stirling had already relegated Arbroath at home. We managed a 1-1 draw...

Spoiler!
    Last edited by Pegster; 22-05-19 at 08:28 PM.

vCash
    Dramatic stuff mate but congratulations on the league win mate, some effort in the Scottish Cup too, should do your rep some good

vCash
    Thanks, up to 1135th in the world now, and we drew Grbalj from Montenegro in the first round of the Uefa Cup, so there might be some rep to gain from "easy" wins there as well, unless we mess up. no jobs in Ireland yet and Waterford's manager managed to regain his board's confidence during the summer break. A couple of 1st division jobs there that are slightly insecure, not sure if I'll take them if they become available - will at least have to see if the teams are still in the cup.

vCash
    East Stirlingshire are going to League 1. Absolutely smashed it, must have stumbled upon a decent non wib wob 442 because I was in great form all season. 7 games left and already champions.

Time to go back to Ireland! Got offered the Bohemians job a month ago unfortunately it's gone now, would have been perfect too!

vCash
    Slightly more comfortable win there, congrats!

vCash
    Well done Pegster and dweatherston11, both of you ticked off for the Scottish League 2

Quote Originally Posted by ebfatz View Post
    Yep.
    Conference National only (and non playable teams) if there is no Conference North.

You gonna add Conference North to the list Mark?
    Think it's too late now, tbh. National League North has a reputation of just 2 which would have put it quite high up the list to begin with.

Still get to control National League teams to win the FA Trophy anyway.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I am still stuck at Wexford as absolutely ZERO jobs have come up for me to try and win the First Division myself
    I know your pain, waiting for jobs to free up is annoying. After winning the LOI FD I was begrudgingly performing a lap of honour with Derry as I waited on a job up north to become available. The year we missed out on promotion we did win the FAI Cup, so at least I had the distraction of the Europa League.
    Spoiler!

Eventually the Glentoran job became available in the North. Irish clubs had already nicked two of their coaches to become managers, and Pat's finally did the decent thing and poached their manager. They were already top when I was appointed 16 games in, and we held out comfortably to set up a Charity Shield game against Ards. Could there finally be a competition won in a straightforward manner?
    Spoiler!

What are people's reps/stats in their games? I'm 669th in the world with five leagues won, seven cups won.

vCash
    I couldn't buy a job in Northern Ireland last night. Annoyingly the Larne job came up with them 2nd in the Championship and in the Semi Final of the cup I needed to win. I didn't get the job though and they lost both. Gutted.

vCash
    Half a year since we won League 2 in Scotland I'm still waiting for a job to appear in Ireland. Rep is 15th in Scotland, 1137th in the world, with 4 leagues, 5 cups (including the Scottish FA Cup)and 6 awards. Our European adventure ended in the 2nd round of the Uefa Cup when ADO den Haag were too strong.

vCash
    Nothing available in England yet so off to revive an ailing giant

vCash
    Wow that's some offer and should be a real rep booster.

vCash
    Waiting for a job in Ireland like...

vCash
    Took over at the mighty Sport & Leisure in Northern Ireland. Gives me the chance to knock off 2 trophies with the same team in the same season. I've already bought in a whole squad of new players and am slowly shipping out all but 4 of the original squad.

vCash
    I GOT A JOB!

Just under two years after I won the Leinster Senior Cup at Wexford (and ironically won it again, along with the FAI Cup), the manager of Cabinteely was fired.

Actually, two jobs came up on the list at the same time in Division 1, the other being a more attractive proposition at Bohemians but Cabinteely fired their manager first so over we go there. It's another rebuilding job with a 400k debt inherited. I've immediately added everyone I ever had at Wexford to make it interesting, particularly as there are no scouts there.

vCash
    After half a season in League One I leave Queen's Park in a solid 2nd place, heading back across the Irish Sea. My new job is in Dublin, at the University College, which I find fitting as my manager is named after a professor (albeit not a university professor). I was considering waiting for a better job as UCD are one of the weaker teams in the first division and I don't expect to win the cup in the first few seasons, but jobs in Ireland are rare and the chances of winning the FAI Cup are higher with a weak Irish team than with a Scottish team.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast