Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegster View Post
    Seems like it's working, at least I had no problem moving on to 2 August. Thanks a lot, you're a hero!

By the way, I noticed that the new save is ~300k kB bigger than the old one, why is that?
    I had to progress the save a bit on a patched exe until the Argentinian leagues reset (think it was either from AM --> EVE or perhaps a single day).

2. The Following User Says Thank You to saturn For This Useful Post:

It looks like the Leinster Cup will have to wait until next season at the earliest.

You'll have to shorten my name somehow, Mark, or it will take up all the space. Something like Eu! or Effiong.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 9

vCash

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks to Saturn being amazing I can now continue my quest after a short break due to the game crashing. Hurray!

My 2nd season in Finland wasn't as much of a walk in the park as the first one. Having won promotion with Mariehamn without winning the playoff against the other group winner, I left them and took over newly promoted HJS instead. They had only been up in Ykkonen once before, in 2040, and the squad was very thin so my ambitions were mainly to build a squad and stay up. Halfway through the season we were dead last with a single win from 14 games, but a few quality arrivals in the summer made a lot of difference and we did far better in the 2nd half. The top of the league was unreachable but at least we got a decent upper half finish. A few more signings in the winter and next year might be the year we win this thing.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

I've taken over at Shamrock Rovers. We're out of the Leinster Cup this season (still season 10), so I'll be busy getting ready for next year. There's a chance we'll get promoted this season, which would mean having to find another First Division club for the third trophy.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Dunno how long it will take till i get to manage a clup in North Ireland.. noone gets fired lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Spectral For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 9

vCash
    Good stuff, Spectral. Leading the way now. I really need to get back on to this.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Can take several years to get a job in the two Irish leagues, so some patience is required there.

Oh, and in case anyone starts thinking I've given up on this - I've most definitely not, but I'm leaving the country (without my computer) for four weeks on Monday (festivals and general holidaying) so there'll be a month or so until next update

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

My first attempt at the Leinster Cup has finished in defeat against Bray at the semi-final stage. We were drawn away v Premier opposition in every round, and won two penalty shoot-outs before losing against Bray in yet another penalty shoot-out. We are third in the table and might yet get promoted through the play-off (although it's unlikely) but the board are only just about satisfied with my performance so far. Looking to strengthen, obviously.
    Last edited by Effiong unmarked!; 03-08-19 at 10:04 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Done another one moved to Crotia..

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Spectral For This Useful Post:

vCash
    North isn't cold i hope..

vCash
    Can someone in the know have a look at this save which crashes when it loads. Thanks

https://mega.nz/#!MHoW3AwB!lRI9ilzc2...10PLHCiuVPHT50

Season 12 has started very badly indeed, and we've been knocked out of the Leinster Cup at the first time of asking. We've now played 4 ties in this competition and they have all been away to Premier League Clubs.
    Last edited by Effiong unmarked!; 08-08-19 at 12:27 PM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

Drawn away to Premier League opposition for the fifth time in a row and we are out of the Leinster Cup at the first time of asking again. I need to rethink my pre-season friendlies as by the time I have a reasonable number of players match sharp we have usually been dumped out of the cup on penalties.

Season 14 it is then.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Time to move France guys..

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Spectral For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Time to find new home... England next..

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spectral For This Useful Post:

vCash
    England task completed lucky end of the year HJK were need of a manager..

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Spectral For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718