Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Slight improvement in S15, although we went into the last round of fixtures still at genuine risk of relegation and didn't get close to winning a cup. We lose almost every time we play against Bohs or St Pat's. The squad is definitely improving though. S16 could be the breakthrough year.

vCash
    After gaining promotion while failing to be crowned division champions with three previous clubs, I finally won both the league and the play-off final with Kemi. I was getting quite annoyed at having to switch clubs all the time because winning the league wasn't enough, so it'll be nice to move to Sweden where I also need to win the league and the play-off (or is winning the league enough? I'll have to read through the thread to check what the ruling has been, as there's 6 groups and 3 promotion spots, and no single team are crowned champion). Anyway, here are screenies!

Edit: Some reading showed Mark's ruling (on page 16) to be that winning the league in Sweden should be enough.
    Last edited by Pegster; 21-11-19 at 07:40 PM.

S16 saw us winning the Leinster cup at last. Shamrock have the most wins now, four, having won it three times in the first few years.

More details.
    Spoiler!

We're struggling a bit in the league. Four matches left. No jobs are currently available in the First Division, but I'd rather not get relegated in order to get promoted.
    Spoiler!

We got relegated. Just one point from the last four matches.

I haven't been sacked yet, but it has to be likely.

vCash
    I expected to quickly get a job in the Swedish 1st division as there usually are quite a few teams promoted without a manager each season and little reputation is needed to get a job there. I was correct to have that expectation, and I am now manager of the powerhouse of Swedish football that is lmhults IF. lmhult is known for two things, it is the site of the first IKEA shop, and it is close to the birthplace of Carl von Linn. I expect to leave within a few years with the trophy cabinet as full as it was when I arrived...

I have 9 players in my squad including 2 goalkeepers, and for once there are plenty of available scouts, so I might get a fairly good squad already for the first season.

I didn't get sacked for taking Shamrock back into Division 1, so it has kind of worked for me as I don't have to wait for another job to become vacant. It was a nasty way to end the season though.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

vCash
    My adventures in Swedeland were thankfully somewhat shorter than my adventures in Finland was. After as usual signing a buttload of players, the season started with a record-breaking game, and a while later we got a free win in one of the games. We managed to end top of our group and then we won in the play-off as well. No to find a job in Scotland again!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The Glasgow Rangers job soon became available, but they were in the premiership and thus not participating in the League Challenge Cup (though this season's cup is already finished and relegating them would have made winning it next season a distinct possibility). I also decided against applying for the Hamilton job as the chance of being promoted from the Championship was too great (they were 2nd when their manager went elsewhere). Hamilton hired the manager of a club that fit nicely with what I wanted, however, and my application for the job as manager of St. Johnstone was successful. If I'm lucky I can stay at this club for my two next trophies.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The first half-season went about perfect - strengthened the squad a little, performed fairly well, but did not get promoted, meaning that next season might give me the two next trophies with one club.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I had a good plan that included winning first the challenge cup and then League 1 this season...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

Season 17 ended in disappointment. We missed out by goal difference.

Season 18 was going okay until the mid-season break, at which point both of my goalkeepers fell apart. We lost 4 in a row and never recovered. With 2 matches left we can no longer finish top. Once again there is a non-zero chance that I will get sacked.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

vCash
    My "plan" this season was to first win the league Challenge Cup, and then win the 2nd division afterwards for two consequtive trophies in one season. That didn't happen, but at least we managed a pretty decent league season.

One major contributor to this was Italian striker Fabio Biagi - he was considered surplus material by the previous manager and was loaned out last season, and I do not regret not following his example.

Hopefully we can win the cup next season, and then there might be jobs available at this level that makes me able to win a double.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920