Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

I took the job at Sport & Leisure Swifts, rock bottom of the NI Championship. Unable to go on a six game winning run (seriously difficult to even get loans in) we have now been relegated.

I'm probably going to resign but was wondering what happens if you get relegated to an unplayable league.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bloominada For This Useful Post:

I resigned from Sport & Leisure and then went to Ballyclare Comrades but failed to notice the BANKRUPT line in the finances screen! They only had two contracted players but I put together a cracking team and was sad to leave really but the job at Tobermore came up.

Staved off relegation and squeaked through in the Irish Cip final on penalties so now, finally, it's off to Finland for a welcome change of scene.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bloominada For This Useful Post:

After winning the Irish Leinster Senior Cup with Wayside Celtic (2020), I couldn't get a job in Ireland to go and try to win the next trophy on the list.

So I joined Woluwe-Zaventem in the Belgian First Amateur Division Group A to keep me busy in 2022.

Won promotion to the Belgian First Division and reached the semi final of the Belgian Cup before taking over at Sint-Truiden in May 2023 to finish 6th.

With Sint-Truiden I won the Belgian First Division and the Belgian Supercup in 2024.

In August 2024, I was hired by Longford and my quest to win the next trophy (League of Ireland First Division) could start.
    In 2025 I won the trophy:

Next up: getting a job in Northern Ireland to win the NIFL Charity Shield.
    Last edited by joeriman; 24-08-20 at 12:34 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to joeriman For This Useful Post:

Yesterday I took the job at Sport & Leisure Swifts to start the hunt for the NIFL Charity Shield.
    I reckon it's going to be a long hunt because I've no money and just 11 players.

Today the game keeps crashing without any error. It just stops and I'm back on my Windows dekstop.
    Windows event viewer just tells me that the app has crashed.

Any ideas?

Not played much lately but picked it up again and started a new season, unfortunately the double dream faded quickly this season as well.

Finished the 2018/59 season and can't really complain even if I did not reach my goal of winning the League Challenge Cup. Promotion was never really in doubt, and the team should be able to do decent in the Championship next season.

Fairly terrible start of the new season. Managed to stumble past league 2 side East Fife in the 1st round of the league cup, then we lost 5-0 in the first leage game before the important competition began. 3 missed pens out of three taken is not the way to win penalty shootouts...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

Managed to stay up, if barely. Hopefully I can strengthen the squad a bit in the summer to become a proper cup challenger next season. I am also pondering changing to a better tactic to speed up a bit, looking at many hundred seasons with the current speed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Pegster For This Useful Post:

I decided to cut down the length of the callenge by some hundred seasons by switching to a much better tactic (442CF), and the results were immediate.

No available jobs in League 1 at the moment, but St. Mirren recently kicked their manager (and offered me the job 4 days before the final - it was a little tempting to take it and make a twist on the story), so they might hire someone from a club there.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223