Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 559

Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

  1. #51

    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    29,427
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    And that makes #3

    Cruised through the Irish First Division with Wexford after some decent wheeling and dealing.





    Now I'm on the lookout for a job in Northern Ireland to get trophy #4: The NIFL Charity Shield.
    Congrats! Third tick is on for you in the spreadsheet (can people actually see it?).

    Hope you land a new job easily!

  2. #52

    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    29,427
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Great work GFRay

    I could be wrong as Iíve never played with patches but you canít win the African Champions League Mark.
    Of course, there are no African playable leagues!

    Well, I've now removed that one from the list which makes it a nice round 150 titles to win!

  3. #53

    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    29,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegster View Post
    Allright I'm in the race as well. No luck so far though, managed to beat Cork and get to the final but the game vs Waterford was tragically one-sided...

    Unlucky Pegster Hope you get to the final again the next year!

  4. #54

    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    29,427
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    I started over, Max DB was murder. 30 seconds between each day would be nice, could be up to 5 minutes at times. Reduced to around 3 with all other leagues in the background, still unenjoyable. 12 Leagues Max flies along, about similar to all leagues on Normal

    Anyhow, got the job done again (actually had a budget after a fire sale)





    Only job going

    Congrats Derm, you're now on the board!

    Weren't you tempted to stay with Cobh to win the second one?

  5. #55

    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    29,427
    Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    I just got pumped in the Munster Cup final by Cork City. Nightmare, need a wait another season to try again. Non wib wob tough especially in the cups.
    Hopefully gives you time to build a stronger squad?

  6. #56

    Join Date
    12-05-12
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Congrats! Third tick is on for you in the spreadsheet (can people actually see it?).

    Hope you land a new job easily!
    I had not seen the link yet in the first post, maybe give it a more prominent place in the post? Anyways, it works!

  7. #57

    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    29,427
    No problem, I've moved it to the bottom of the OP

  8. #58

    Join Date
    21-03-18
    Posts
    1,193
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Hopefully gives you time to build a stronger squad?
    That's the plan. Already brought in some bosmans from England. Trying to get promoted so I can bring in some better faces

  9. #59
    Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    29,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Congrats Derm, you're now on the board!

    Weren't you tempted to stay with Cobh to win the second one?
    Are they not meant to be in order?

    Cobh don't enter the Leinster Senior Cup so I could have won the First Division but it wouldn't have counted so I'd have had to move and rebuild a First Division team with less time.

  10. #60

    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Are they not meant to be in order?

    Cobh don't enter the Leinster Senior Cup so I could have won the First Division but it wouldn't have counted so I'd have had to move and rebuild a First Division team with less time.
    Marko you can't win the first two cups with the same team as there is no team that enters both cups.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

  11. #61

    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    29,427
    I read from Dermo's message earlier that any club enters Leinster cup except Galway, Sligo, Derry and Finn Harps?

  12. #62

    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I read from Dermo's message earlier that any club enters Leinster cup except Galway, Sligo, Derry and Finn Harps?
    Yeah I read that too, but that's not correct. It's those 4 that do not enter the Leinster cup PLUS the teams that are in the Munster Cup. In the Munster cup only 2 teams from the Prem and 2 teams from first division enter, the rest are non-league.

    So those 4 and the 4 Dermo mentioned are NOT in Leinster Cup.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

  13. #63
    Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    29,995
    Yes, sorry I possibly should have being clearer. They are regional (provincial) comps so only clubs from those regions can enter.

    Munster: Cobh, Limerick (First Division), Cork, Waterford (Premier)
    Leinster: Athlone, Bray, Cabinteely, Drogheda, Longford, Shelbourne, Wexford (First Division), Shamrock Rovers, Bohemians, St. Pats, Dundalk, UCD (Premier)
    In neither: Derry, Galway, Sligo, Finn Harps
    Others: lot's on non-league clubs take part, again they are all regional though.

    You could continue, win the First Division, take over a Premier Division club, win Leinster then drop down to win the First Division but seems a lot of hassle.

  14. #64

    Join Date
    21-03-18
    Posts
    1,193
    Just won the League of Ireland cup. Number 9 on the list, didn't even try to. Good for my reputation I guess!

  15. #65

    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Yes, sorry I possibly should have being clearer. They are regional (provincial) comps so only clubs from those regions can enter.

    Munster: Cobh, Limerick (First Division), Cork, Waterford (Premier)
    Leinster: Athlone, Bray, Cabinteely, Drogheda, Longford, Shelbourne, Wexford (First Division), Shamrock Rovers, Bohemians, St. Pats, Dundalk, UCD (Premier)
    In neither: Derry, Galway, Sligo, Finn Harps
    Others: lot's on non-league clubs take part, again they are all regional though.

    You could continue, win the First Division, take over a Premier Division club, win Leinster then drop down to win the First Division but seems a lot of hassle.
    I was lucky that I won the Munster cup with Cobh and landed the Wexford job, who were still in the semi's of the Leinster cup, in the summer. That way I could rebuild the squad with transfers and win both cups in one year. Couldn't win the First Division though as they were bottom when I took over and I build to big a lead with Cobh in the first half of the season.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

  16. #66

    Join Date
    04-03-12
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    400
    so could you for example take over a prem league side, win the munster cup then try to join a club to win the leinster and then take over a club to win 1st division i guess.

  17. #67

    Join Date
    04-03-12
    Location
    Wigan
    Posts
    400
    I took over Cobh and lost in the Munster Cup final so I have decided to resign from Cobh and see where I can go next to start again as it were.

  18. #68

    Join Date
    25-01-17
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    528
    On the board!


  19. #69

    Join Date
    21-03-18
    Posts
    1,193
    Did it in season 2! Come on the Cobh!


  20. #70

    Join Date
    25-01-17
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    528
    Managed to immediately walk in to the Drogheda job as well and they are in the semi's of the other cup and also in league 1. No chance of them winning the league as my lead with Limerick is already too big but will build for next season and hopefully win cup 2 early doors.

  21. #71

    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,651
    Quote Originally Posted by generalsmuts View Post
    Managed to immediately walk in to the Drogheda job as well and they are in the semi's of the other cup and also in league 1. No chance of them winning the league as my lead with Limerick is already too big but will build for next season and hopefully win cup 2 early doors.
    You did the same thing as I did

    Fine way of winning both cups in the first year, but yeah the lead we've build with our former teams is too big to do 3 sweeps
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

  22. #72

    Join Date
    25-01-17
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    528
    Got really lucky to be fair. Haven't had a chance to look at the squad yet so I might end up bottling the second cup anyway!

  23. #73

    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    8,399
    Maybe an idea for others not to build too much of a lead in the league

  24. #74

    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    29,427
    Quote Originally Posted by generalsmuts View Post
    On the board!

    You are now! Just added you to the spreadsheet. You must have been tearing your hair out at still being goalless against ten men after 90 mins

  25. #75

    Join Date
    31-10-11
    Posts
    29,427
    Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    Did it in season 2! Come on the Cobh!

    Second time lucky! Well done mate, put you on the board now too

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •