Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Quote Originally Posted by generalsmuts View Post
    Managed to immediately walk in to the Drogheda job as well and they are in the semi's of the other cup and also in league 1. No chance of them winning the league as my lead with Limerick is already too big but will build for next season and hopefully win cup 2 early doors.
    This has happened to me too. They are bottom of the league but in the semi final. Unfortunately the semi is away at Shamrock, but we will see. The big teams definitely not taking these seriously so hopefully they have a league game just before the semi.

If I can win that somehow and the final I can for division 1 next season

Edit. I lost that semi final
    Last edited by dweatherston11; 03-05-19 at 01:25 PM.

Bad luck dweatherston11

Think I'll start on min database with background leagues turned off, see if that helps with the speed.

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Won this for good measure. Not that it counts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You are now! Just added you to the spreadsheet. You must have been tearing your hair out at still being goalless against ten men after 90 mins
    Horrendous game.

I've clawed the lead in the league back to 3 points with 2 games to play. Down to the wire!

Down to the last game and 1 point in it!

Fuck - I won the league 2 days before the cup final - how pedantic are we being with this challenge?

Nearing the start of the 2nd season, and the lack of a scout is (I believe) hindering me from finding freebies to sign. I tried offering trials to uncontracted players from the "find player" page, but none wanted and going throuhg page after page to find them is a chore. Managed to find two decent-looking ones through the player search, and also to players on loan until December (could only loan them for the whole season). 10 players left as their contracts were up, got 72k in total for them so at least the finances are slightly better though still very much in the red.

Spoiler!

Lost to Cork in the quarter final this season. Struggling to find a tactic that works at all.

Resorted to wibwobbing tactics to get some progress, probably won't stick to it for long but it was either progress now or go back to my Scunthorpe save :p

One title down, 149 to go!

No available jobs at the moment so I'll stick to Cobh and see if I can get them promoted to boost my rep.

I'm well on course for promotion, which I might sabotage because I need to win the second cup first with Drogheda. The final is 2 weeks after the last game of the league, so no point winning the league first when I have a good enough squad for it. Already beaten St Pats and UCD in the cup, next up a semi away at Bray.

442 non wibwob all the way!
    Last edited by dweatherston11; 07-05-19 at 12:29 PM.

Getting into this at home now. Got to the Munster Senior Cup Final at the first attempt with Cobh Ramblers but lost 3:1 to Waterford

4 down!

Shamrock Rovers (4th in the top league) turned me down but I have got a new job at Wexford who ended 7th in the 1st division. They've bene knocked out in the first round of the Leinster cup all years but hopefully I can change that. Almost 1M in negative bank balance and no scouts makes it a tad difficult to improve the squad, though.

Won the league 2 weeks earlier than the cup final, so will need to find a new club in div 1. Squad was so good I couldn't give the league away without being stupid.
    Anyway, beat Bray in the semi, and was delighted to have a home game in the final against Cabinteely!
    2 down

Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    Won the league 2 weeks earlier than the cup final, so will need to find a new club in div 1. Squad was so good I couldn't give the league away without being stupid.
    Anyway, beat Bray in the semi, and was delighted to have a home game in the final against Cabinteely!
    2 down

Mine was 3 days before the cup final. I counted it.

Just taken over from Lee Camp at Cowdenbeath in Scottish League 2 so on to the next one!

Fuck - I won the league 2 days before the cup final - how pedantic are we being with this challenge?
    Mine was 3 days before the cup final. I counted it.
    Sorry mate but it has to be in order. You should have carried on in Div 1 after that.

It specifically says so in the OP otherwise that's not the challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    2 down

Congrats! One behind GFRay who leads so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Sorry mate but it has to be in order. You should have carried on in Div 1 after that.

It specifically says so in the OP otherwise that's not the challenge!
    Balls - I'm 2 clubs along now as well but think I saved it as a separate file just in case of pedantry. It's impossible in that case to win both in the same year. Fuming.

Glad you saved it! It's not being pedantic mate, it's the rules of the game

As for me - My search for the first trophy goes into a third season after we were knocked out at the first hurdle by a non-league side who had a superkeeper on the day Cobh are actually now in the top flight having been promoted in the first season and currently 3rd off bottom.

2 years waiting on a job in Ireland. Not one has come up. Only Shamrock been slightly insecure. Teams playing absolute shite as well.

Bad luck mate, hope one comes up for you soon.

Anyone else had surprise job offers too? Swindon and Notts County came in for me

Kidderminster and Eastleigh have both offered me jobs, but waiting for that special invite from Wexford or Limerick.

Yeah I did save it - from the game before the end of season. Have to play the final of the cup again.

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast