Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

vCash

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Pardon the Pokemon pun!

Following the recent release of the March 2019 Data Update and Saturn v7 Patch, I was going to run a personal game at home where the idea is to win every title in the game. However, I've now decided to run it as a similar thing to the Alphabet Game competitions we've had in the past which should keep us occupied until the Autumn!

Did you know that there are a total of 151 titles and trophies that can be won?!

To make it even more of a challenge, you are being tasked with winning each title/trophy in order. The idea is that you begin your career at the bottom of the scale and then work your through each title/trophy as your career progresses.

The list has been compiled based on their reputation within the game which has been set by the CM 01/02 Data Update Team. So you'll be starting with an attempt to win the Irish Leinster Senior Cup in the Republic of Ireland and finishing with the most prestigious, which is the English Premier League title! This means you will need to start in the Irish league and because the Irish Leinster Senior Cup is a regional league, you will have to start with either Cobh Ramblers OR Limerick.

TIP: Set 'Normal' as the database size when you start a new game. As we have to select all leagues and lower leagues, a maximum database will run pretty slowly for you so be sure to set it as normal unless you have the patience of a saint!

There may be rare occasions where you can stay with the same team to win the next trophy which will no doubt feel like a treat but bear in mind that it still must be done in a particular order.

After you've won all there is to win domestically, you are then tasked to win each continental competition to add to an already impressive resume.

Following that, you'll then begin your international career with the aim to eventually win the FIFA World Cup to fully complete this challenge!

A full list of competitions can be found in the spoiler below which is what you will also need to refer to for working your way through the list.

Spoiler!

To monitor our progress, I've actually put together a Google Sheet which you should be able to access to keep track of how many titles you have won. The sheet has each title listed vertically and each member who takes on the challenge will be listed in each column with a 'tick' for each achievement.

To get on to the scoreboard, you'll need to provide a screenshot each time you win a trophy. I'll also be noting the dates of each screenshot in the top left corner in the game to ensure you have won these titles in chronological order

There are absolutely no restrictions as far as tactics go and you are free to manage whoever you wish once you have won your first one. AlI ask is that you play the March 2019 Data Update using the Saturn v7 patch in order to have the correct league structures and title names.

Well, let's not waste any more time. Good luck!

Google Sheet Scoreboard

vCash
    That's a massive task! Once again best of luck to all who attempt it.

vCash
    That's gonna take a while.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

vCash
    Good luck. My "Win Everything" challenge has been going for years now and has crashed a couple of times...... I'm running vanilla 3.9.68 to avoid the bugs... and switching countries like that is going to be ridiculously difficult... but thumbs up to any and all that take up this challenge

vCash
    So how do you start this?

Unemployed and hoping for a job in Ireland? Or do you get a little help by taking over a team in Ireland? And if so, which one?
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    So how do you start this?

Unemployed and hoping for a job in Ireland? Or do you get a little help by taking over a team in Ireland? And if so, which one?
    Take over any team you wish in the First Division in Ireland I omitted that detail!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Good luck. My "Win Everything" challenge has been going for years now and has crashed a couple of times...... I'm running vanilla 3.9.68 to avoid the bugs... and switching countries like that is going to be ridiculously difficult... but thumbs up to any and all that take up this challenge
    Crashes are my fear in this, especially with loading all leagues but there's only one way to find out if the patch is stable enough for it now

vCash
    I'm starting with Cabinteely personally, got the most players in the league so hopefully enough quality(!) to win the cups.

vCash
    Not sure my poor little laptop would handle the load sounds like fun though.

vCash
    NOTE: Swapped the first two cups around as the final of Irish Munster Senior Cup comes before Irish Leinster

vCash
    I'll take it on - minus the wib Wob!

So if I win both comps in Ireland, I need to resign and take over a team in Northern Ireland?
    Last edited by jacobclear; 25-04-19 at 06:36 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobclear View Post
    I'll take it on - minus the wib Wob!

So if I win both comps in Ireland, I need to resign and take over a team in Northern Ireland?
    No you need to win every prize in order:

1. Irish Munster Senior Cup (Republic of Ireland)
    2. Irish Leinster Senior Cup (Republic of Ireland)
    3. League of Ireland First Division (Republic of Ireland)
    4. NIFL Charity Shield (Northern Ireland)
    5. Scottish League Two (Scotland)

So first you need to win the Irish Munster Senior Cup before you can move on to win the next prize. After that comes the Irish Leinster Senior Cup and the League of Ireland First Division. If you get all three you need to move to Northern Ireland next to win the Charity Shield before you can move on the Scottish League Two.

If you win a prize before you are there in the order, it won't count. So if you stay and win the League of Ireland Premier Division which is at place 19 before you win 4 to 18, it won't count.

At least that's how I interpreted it.

vCash
    Marko, I took Cabinteely just like you did, but I'm not seeded for the Irish Munster Senior Cup.

It seems like it's a regional cup that only certain teams enter into. So that would mean you'd have to start with either Limerick or Cobh Ramblers as they're the only First Division teams that are in it as it seems.

vCash
    Yep. You will need to manage Cork, Cobh, Waterford or Limerick to enter Munster Senior Cup. Every other team bar Galway, Sligo, Derry and Finn Harps with be in the Leinster Senior

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Yep. You will need to manage Cork, Cobh, Waterford or Limerick to enter Munster Senior Cup. Every other team bar Galway, Sligo, Derry and Finn Harps with be in the Leinster Senior
    So there are no teams that are in both cups?

I've already started with Cabinteely, being very close to winning the Leinster Cup and the First Division... Does this mean I have to start over with Cobh or Limerick?

That would mean start with Cobh or Limerick and win the Munster Cup which ends in June, then switch clubs within First Division that's also still in the Leinster Cup and win those two are the only way to complete the first 3 in the first season. Any other order would take at least two seasons.

vCash
    Wahahahahaha - good luck to all in this and seems like some questions will be ongoing as well (makes everyone understand the game and footie in general in cpountires better though!)

Don't have much free time these days so won't partake but will keep an eye here

vCash

So first you need to win the Irish Munster Senior Cup before you can move on to win the next prize. After that comes the Irish Leinster Senior Cup and the League of Ireland First Division. If you get all three you need to move to Northern Ireland next to win the Charity Shield before you can move on the Scottish League Two.

If you win a prize before you are there in the order, it won't count. So if you stay and win the League of Ireland Premier Division which is at place 19 before you win 4 to 18, it won't count.

I understood that; but what's the deal with moving clubs (going to a new country). Do i need to wait and apply for jobs or can I retire and add new manager, choosing a new club?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    To follow on from this, only Cobh and Limerick enter the Munster Senior Cup in First Division in Season 1

vCash
    Sorry chaps, I wasn't aware that those two cups in Ireland are regional ones Think we'll hit some teething problems along the way!

I'll make a note in the OP's spoiler to indicate that you can only manage certain teams for certain competitions, so thanks for clarifying further Derm!

Looks like I'll be starting again too

That's absolutely correct. Even if you've won another trophy, it doesn't count later on down the line. You have to win these things in order.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobclear View Post
    I understood that; but what's the deal with moving clubs (going to a new country). Do i need to wait and apply for jobs or can I retire and add new manager, choosing a new club?
    Why would you retire and start afresh elsewhere? That defeats the purpose of the challenge which is to build your reputation up as you work your way through the titles.

Start with yourself as manager in Ireland then apply for jobs (resigning is your choice) to achieve your next objective. No retiring!

vCash
    Cheers for clarifying Mark!

My week off starts in about an hour so going to make some headway with this one

vCash
    I've gone with Cobh Ramblers this time, except they're £368,450 in debt

vCash
    Better than Limerick who are 1.3m in debt

vCash

vCash
    Meh with Cabinteely I only signed freebies and still performed amazing!

Who needs cash?

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast