Thread: From Forum to Football II

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash

From Forum to Football II

Right, we've hopped into our time machine and gone back 18 months. The good news is that I've managed to persuade GFRay's family friend - the Brackley Town chairman - to take on the 19 young players who have emerged from the CM01/02 forum... he was glad of the help, to be honest, with their squad looking a little thin prior to the influx.

Clubs are already sniffing around our boys, before a ball is even kicked...

• Ligue 2 side AS Béziers want Irish sweeper-striker Dermotron
    • Scottish forward dweatherston11 is being courted by Premier League side Cardiff City
    • League One side Burton Albion are considering a bid for English-Nigerian striker ebfatz
    • Premier League giants Liverpool are eyeing up Algerian-English defender evesham
    • Forest Green Rovers, of League Two, like the look of English midfielder generalsmuts
    • Premier League side Crystal Palace & Serie A side Genoa CFC look set to battle it out for English-Welsh winger riise

Before we (re-)crack on with the first season, here's how our youngsters shape up - broadly the same as they were prior to the time rift transporting us back to 2018. The first real update (up to the end of 2018) will be next Monday, and there'll be weekly updates on a Monday thereafter (all being well)!

Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    Where's my second nationality? How is anyone ever going to buy me if I don't qualify or a work permit

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

thanks, its looking good riise, regarding going to Liverpool, would I sign for them??

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evesham For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig Forrest View Post
    Where's my second nationality? How is anyone ever going to buy me if I don't qualify or a work permit
    I just copied the screenshots from the first post... you have a few years to make yourself a Brackley legend?!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Nice one for taking this on

Here's hoping I actually get game time this time around

vCash
    Looking forward to another year of sitting on the bench at Brackley getting splinters in my arse

Baller for taking this on Riise looking forward to it!

Come on you Bracks... we'll kick your arse cracks... we like birds with big racks.... come on you Bracks

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveHarle For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Let's see how I get on this time. Hopefully work my way into the team.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ebfatz is offline Social Media Bod
    Former Holy Trinity Member
    Stories Mod
    Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Me and Derm were top class up top last time round as I remember.

Which means I doubt I'll get any game time this time!!

Tournaments Won: 1

vCash
    Yes come on DW, do better than the real me!

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Do you want all this in a new thread mate?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Do you want all this in a new thread mate?
    Can do, if your mod senses are tingling!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    A busy first half of the 2018/19 season saw EIGHT players leave Brackley to kickstart their careers elsewhere. But, as you'll see from individual player updates, the grass isn't always greener on the other side - a number of the players who've left find themselves waiting for opportunities, whereas the majority of the Brackley bunch are receiving plenty of game time.

• evesham, Brackley Town to Liverpool, £2,500,000
    • Dermotron, Brackley Town to Hull City, £65,000
    • dweatherston11, Brackley Town to Cardiff City, £1,300,000
    • generalsmuts, Brackley Town to Cardiff City, £65,000
    • ebfatz, Brackley Town to Burton Albion, £70,000
    • riise, Brackley Town to Tottenham Hotspur, £1,300,000
    • adnams, Brackley Town to Bolton Wanderers, £450,000
    • SteveHarle, Brackley Town to Fulham, £1,700,000

All the outgoings haven't done Brackley any favours, they currently sit 11th in the National League North.
    Spoiler!

Here's how they lined up in their most recent fixture...
    Spoiler!

adnams - Bolton Wanderers, Championship
    The English striker featured in both of Brackley's friendlies, scoring three goals, before Bolton Wanderers decided they'd seen enough to part with £450,000 for adnams - paying him £675 per week. A potentially concerning seven weeks missed through knee and thigh injuries limited him to just 12 appearances for his new club, in which he registered two goals. With his side sat rock bottom of the Championship, they'll need him fit and firing in the remainder of the season if they are to avoid the drop.
    Spoiler!

AJ - Brackley Town, National League North
    This'll be the last time you see AJ in Brackley red, with League Two side Crewe Alexandra agreeing terms with the Dutch-German defender to join them on New Year's Day. He leaves the club after making 21 senior appearances for them, scoring a goal and supplying an assist in that time.
    Spoiler!

AtomicAnt - Brackley Town, National League North
    The top scorer of those who have stayed behind, AtomicAnt's six goals and three assists in 17 appearances have seen him register an impressive 7.64 average rating. Aston Villa are impressed, but a bid is not yet forthcoming.
    Spoiler!

CMCZ - Brackley Town, National League North
    The Dutch central defender has started all but four of Brackley's league games up to now, displaying a maturity beyond his years to help compatriot AJ marshal the backline.
    Spoiler!

Craig Forrest - Brackley Town, National League North
    The concession of 21 goals in 11 games saw Craig Forrest lose his place between the sticks at the end of October, but it wasn't all bad - the proud Canadian made his debut for Canada U21s a few weeks later, keeping a clean sheet in a 1-0 victory over their Haitian counterparts.
    Spoiler!

Dermotron - Hull City, Championship
    The Irish striker (let's not kid ourselves - he's no sweeper) never had a chance to pull on the Brackley shirt, moving to Hull City for a paltry £65,000. Being paid £800 per week by the Championship club, they've not yet called him into competitive action, but with them perched precariously in 21st, his four goals in 10 reserve appearances might prove difficult to resist as they bid to stay up.
    Spoiler!

drkshadow1 - Brackley Town, National League North
    The English left winger has been one of the few who have been able to fully focus on Brackley, having failed to attract any interest from rival clubs. That's certianly benefitted Brackley, with his regular presence on the left of midfield yielding three goals and three assists as drkshadow1 proved a steady presence in the side.
    Spoiler!

dweatherston11 - Cardiff City, Premier League
    Another who never wore the red of Brackley, dweatherston11 was off to the Premier League as a Cardiff City player after they coughed up a cool £1,300,000 for the forward's services, as well as paying him £1,100 per week. Bizarrely, his performances in his 11 appearances for the Welsh side's reserve team were enough to earn him a call-up to the Scotland squad. An unlikely debut came in a friendly against Poland, replacing the injured Matt Targett after 18 minutes - he was later substituted himself as the game approached the 90th minute. He has since made a couple of Premier League appearances as a subsititute, perhaps as they explore their options in their attempts to improve on their league position of 17th.
    Spoiler!

ebfatz - Burton Albion, League One
    Burton Albion followed ebfatz all pre-season and put their hands in their pocket after he registered an assist in both of Brackley's friendlies - £70,000 to the club and £600 per week to their new forward. He made his league debut for The Brewers four days later, coming off the bench to score - sadly, in a losing cause. Seven more substitute appearances followed, yielding six more goals and two assists, before he was handed his first start at the end of December. His seven goals make him the most prolific of the forum bunch, despite his lack of game time, and he has helped Burton to 4th in League One.
    Spoiler!

Erkifino - Brackley Town, National League North
    Not much to say about the Irish defensive midfielder - just the two substitute appearances for Brackley so far. Though he has impressed in his eight appearances for the reserves, managing to score a goal in the process. He may push for a moce if the situation doesn't improve, as he's currently making it quite clear that he wants first team football.
    Spoiler!

evesham - Liverpool, Premier League
    The boyhood Manchester United fan swallowed his pride and signed on the dotted line for Liverpool after they parted with £2,500,000 for the Algerian-English defender - the £1,600 he's pocketing weekly makes him the highest paid of the gang. Perhaps predictably he's yet to feature for the first team, who are going well in 2nd in the Premier League, but he hasn't looked out of place in his eight appearances for the reserves, even managing an assist along the way.
    Spoiler!

generalsmuts - Cardiff City, Premier League
    Brackley received just £65,000 from Cardiff City when generalsmuts joined dweatherston11 in the Welsh capital, with the central midfielder picking up £1,100 per week. Still waiting for his full debut, he's put in five consistent performances for their reserves. 17th-placed Cardiff might decide against blooding the English youngster this season as they attempt to stay in the Premier League.
    Spoiler!

mikecoxon - Brackley Town, National League North
    The versatile Englishman has found himself in-and-out of the Brackley first team. With drkshadow1 tying down the left wing position, mikecoxon has found most of his starting opportunities come at left back. He's managed a sloitary assist in his 15 appearances.
    Spoiler!

Redknapp69 - Brackley Town, National League North
    The Welsh midfielder has missed seven weeks of the season through thigh, chest and toe injuries. Nevertheless, he's racked up 23 appearances that have produced two goals and five assists - enough to catch the attention of Championship club Aston Villa (who are, of course, also interested in AtomicAnt). Despite that, he's open to negotiating a new contract with Brackley.
    Spoiler!

riise - Tottenham Hotspur, Premier League
    Neither Crystal Palace nor Genoa CFC came in for the English-Welsh winger, allowing him to play a couple of friendlies for Brackley and leaving the way clear for Tottenham Hotspur to pick him up for £1,300,000. He's being paid £1,500 per week to largely play for the reserves (12 appearances, two goals), though he did manage to make his full debut - replacing Fernando Llorente in a 1-0 victory away from home against AEK Athens in the Champions League in November. He might have to wait a while for his Premier League bow, with Spurs going steady in 5th.
    Spoiler!

samsami - Brackley Town, National League North
    This is the penultimate time samsami will be seen in Brackley colours - his goal and two assists in 18 appearances so far has done enough to persuade Cardiff City to reunite him with dweatherston11 and generalsmuts, signing him on a Bosman when his contract expires on 1st June 2019.
    Spoiler!

Spectral - Brackley Town, National League North
    The 10 assists made by the Turkish right winger are the most of any of the 19 players. He's also added five goals in his 23 appearances, which will be enough to see him become the first of the bunch to move abroad - Cagliari Calcio, 12th in Serie A, will land him on New Year's Day.
    Spoiler!

SteveHarle - Fulham, Premier League
    Yet another who was snapped up before making an appearance for Brackley, SteveHarle set off for west London early on to join Premier League Fulham for £1,700,000, earning £1,300 per week for his troubles. After making three quite uneventful appearances for the reserves, he was thrust in for a surprise senior debut as the Christmas period took it toll on Fulham's midfield. They sit in 19th, so it may prove to be the English-Maltese attacking midfielder's last Premier League appearance for a while. His club have also made him available for loan.
    Spoiler!

trunky - Brackley Town, National League North
    Captain, Leader, Potential Legend? trunky looks set to stay at Brackley for the immediate future, even wanting to open talks over a new contract. He has contributed four assists in his 27 appearances, with his performances seeing him feature four times for Iceland U21s - he tasted victory in one of those games, against Macedonia.
    Spoiler!

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Interesting how this one is panning out. Dermo and Ebfatz stayed with Brackley in Ray's version and were scoring for fun, their goals are clearly a big miss. Hopefully i'll get some games on loan somewhere to find my feet, Fulham are mad paying that sort of money for someone who eats cornflakes with beer rather than milk.

How the hell did Dweatherston11 get an international cap with that form, are Scotland really that bad?

What has Ebfatz got to do to start a game?

what a move for evesham....

riise taking Ginola's shirt at Spurs, bold move!

Great start from Spectral...

Trunky is a BEAST, surprised there is no interest in him yet?!

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SteveHarle For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    At least wearing the right colors

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Playing as much football this time around as I was in the last iteration - this time at a Premier League club. An improvement? We'll see.

Top work Riise.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to generalsmuts For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarle View Post
    Interesting how this one is panning out. Dermo and Ebfatz stayed with Brackley in Ray's version and were scoring for fun, their goals are clearly a big miss. Hopefully i'll get some games on loan somewhere to find my feet, Fulham are mad paying that sort of money for someone who eats cornflakes with beer rather than milk.

How the hell did Dweatherston11 get an international cap with that form, are Scotland really that bad?

What has Ebfatz got to do to start a game?

what a move for evesham....

riise taking Ginola's shirt at Spurs, bold move!

Great start from Spectral...

Trunky is a BEAST, surprised there is no interest in him yet?!
    Yeah there'll undoubtedly be differences in the setup, but I was relieved to see that not everyone left instantly!

Certainly wasn't expecting to be reporting on full international caps at this stage! Congrats Weatherston

Agreed, trunky gotta go soon...

Quote Originally Posted by generalsmuts View Post
    Playing as much football this time around as I was in the last iteration - this time at a Premier League club. An improvement? We'll see.

Top work Riise.
    No disrespect but I'm not sure what they saw in you maybe some games in the Championship next season!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member
    Tournaments Won: 2

vCash
    21 in 11 games might not be great, but I'm putting most of that down to my defenders.....

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Craig Forrest For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great stuff here

Delighted to get game time this season - and numbers are decent as well - looking forward to the rest of the season and we'll see what the future holds!

awesome update riise

I cannot believe I've ended up in Scouseland - I secretly have a United t-shirt on underneath the pool kit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    awesome update riise

I cannot believe I've ended up in Scouseland - I secretly have a United t-shirt on underneath the pool kit
    Nobody is seeing you in a Liverpool shirt atm, if that's any consolation

33. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Great stuff ty riise! good move for me to go Cagliari..