Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: champ man or sensible soccer?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    299
    vCash
    500

    champ man or sensible soccer?

    Which series did you spend more hours on throughout the mid 90's?

    *say between 93-97*

  2. #2

    Join Date
    15-05-12
    Posts
    2,277
    vCash
    22333
    deffo champ but SWOS was one of the greatest games to actually play on the pitch on back then - give me Fifa 19 or SWOS i'd take SWOS anyday

  3. #3

    Join Date
    02-03-12
    Posts
    7,849
    vCash
    45900
    The only thing similar I could say is Pro Evo to CM 01/02 in the early 2000s, both took up most of my free time but CM probably still edges it.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    299
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by evesham View Post
    deffo champ but SWOS was one of the greatest games to actually play on the pitch on back then - give me Fifa 19 or SWOS i'd take SWOS anyday
    i'd take any any sensi version over any fifa version

    i was playing swos on an amiga emulator the other day played like 6 games back to back and was hard to put down so addictive just like the old cm's.

    Magical time for footie gaming back then

  5. #5

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    299
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    The only thing similar I could say is Pro Evo to CM 01/02 in the early 2000s, both took up most of my free time but CM probably still edges it.
    ya i did love a bit of pro evo and international super star soccer. CM2 to cm01/02 was when i started moving away from playing footie games like fifa pro evo to only playing cm

    Only time i would play a fifa or pro evo really was when i was with friends. Single player i much preferred playing champ man compared to a pro evo or fifa

  6. #6

    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    32,792
    vCash
    606362

  7. #7

    Join Date
    19-10-18
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    1,953
    vCash
    700
    SWOS was and still is one of my favourite games of all time. Before CM, I had Ultimate Soccer Manager on Amiga and then the 98 version on PC!

    USM I found to be almost like a bite size version of CM, thats mega quick game play - first CM I got into was 00/01.

    USM good fun but too little to keep you interested long term, FM too much detail and too slow.... CM 01/02 game play = just perfect.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    299
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarle View Post
    SWOS was and still is one of my favourite games of all time. Before CM, I had Ultimate Soccer Manager on Amiga and then the 98 version on PC!



    USM I found to be almost like a bite size version of CM, thats mega quick game play - first CM I got into was 00/01.

    USM good fun but too little to keep you interested long term, FM too much detail and too slow.... CM 01/02 game play = just perfect.

    I had USM 98 never got into it though but the cm2 series before cm3 was like crack for me the flashing goals use to send some serious endorphine hits to the brain. I think you could literally lose 5 games in a row not score and just keep playing chasing your next goal,win and ''flashing text hit''

    There was something sinisterly addictive and simplistic about that series that cm3 never had even though all the cm3 games from 98/99-2001/12 would suck me more into a virtual world due to more depth and detail ect I found the cm3 series was easier to put down and come back too even today if i load up a cm2 series game i'd literally play it for at at least 6-7 hours and complete 3 or more seasons

    I don't have any of the cm2 series games on my devices for that reason lol

  9. #9

    Join Date
    17-05-12
    Posts
    3,779
    vCash
    18217
    Preferred Goal! I think as a game on the pitch. See also Emlyn Hughes International Soccer and isoccer.

    Hard to say which management game I played the most. Probably Kevin Tom's version from the early 80's.

    Of course when CM came out it blew us all away.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    299
    vCash
    500
    if we talking 80s

    My first management game was one called football manager not sure if it was connected to the people that later developed the cm series but it was text based and showed match highlights as stickmen and you had to start in the botton division (it was on spectrum) and took 10 mins load up on cassette before you could play it.

    Much preferred sensible soccer too goal or kick off even though i did play them before the sensible soccer series started.

  11. #11

    Join Date
    08-09-15
    Posts
    2,917
    vCash
    1547
    Premier Manager 98 was the first football management game I dabbled in! Had the option to not have players age when you started a new game, don't know how that was ever any fun

    Spoiler!
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    299
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    Premier Manager 98 was the first football management game I dabbled in! Had the option to not have players age when you started a new game, don't know how that was ever any fun

    Spoiler!
    Remember the Amiga premier managers always use to be Blackburn with Sutton and Shearer up front they got much more glossy after that when they started releasing them for console market

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •