Thread: Release Clauses

Release Clauses

I sometimes see a 'Non Playing' release clause in a player's profile screen but have no idea what it is! Is it only something AI teams get involved in, there is never an option for that in the contract screen for Human managers as far as I can tell.

I believe clubs can offer him a coaching / managing role and you would not be able to reject it.

Out of curiosity - if you see someone with this clause, can you sign him as coach?

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Is it not a clause that if he doesn't play a certain amount of games his release fee kicks in?

It is, that's a managerial release clause you're thinking of JLa.

Not sure how many games they have to miss for it to kick in though.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
    I sometimes see a 'Non Playing' release clause in a player's profile screen but have no idea what it is! Is it only something AI teams get involved in, there is never an option for that in the contract screen for Human managers as far as I can tell.
    I think there is a special clause when the player is a potential manager / coach.

Is it the same message as mentionned here ? https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...061#post379061. This is the very only time I saw it. Was your player a non-UE playing in England/Scotland/Ireland/N. Ireland ? Dermotron answered, and there is no clue about when it happens...
    Last edited by Sure; 31-05-19 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sure View Post
    I think there is a special clause when the player is a potential manager / coach.

Is it the same message as mentionned here ? https://champman0102.co.uk/showthrea...061#post379061. This is the very only time I saw it. Was your player a non-UE playing in England/Scotland/Ireland/N. Ireland ? Dermotron answered, and there is no clue about when it happens...
    Yep, that was the clause I was thinking of, it doesn't affect any of my players but I see it sometimes when I am scouting other teams squads.