Thread: Compare players

madman215 Unattached

Compare players

Hi guys,

I have a quick query regarding the compare players option. Basically just wanted to know how accurate is and how it actually compares the players i.e. is it based on current ability, or the player attributes etc.

In my game (5th season 07/08 reloaded version), I have the 3rd choice Italian GK and the no.1 Italy U21 keeper - in player comparison the U21 keeper is rated 5*s better! Surely that can't be correct?

I also bought a new young CB and noticed that he is rated 2*s better than my Italian international CB. I even compared him to some of the best CBs on the game and he’s rated better…
    Is it fair to say that this feature isn’t very accurate or am I using it wrong?
    I considered it could be my coaches, but they all have good reputations and good attributes.

Any feedback would be great, cheers!

Not sure where you get your star rating from I cant recall seeing that, as far as I can see all it shows is which attributes are better/worse out of the two and then it tells you by how many... ie: if keeper A (green) has handling 10 and keeper b (Red) has handling 15, then the difference would be shown as a 5in green representing keeper b has an attribute 5 better.. if that makes sense..

At the bottom were the positions are listed is where the stars are mate.

Hmmm..

So what does it mean then???

madman215 Unattached
    anyone?

Good first post madman It's actually something i've wondered about myself in the past!

In the DTL for example i had two goalkeepers, Borislav Kostov and Hugo Lloris........ now Kostovs player attributes were a good bit better in all important areas yet Lloris was considered the better goalkeeper by 'the game' (two stars iirc) which led me to believe the game considers high reputation (not sure which one, home, current, world) to be a big factor! Unfortunately i don't know for sure......... Mark Vaughan would probably know, maybe Tapani!

Good question though mate....... and welcome to the site :tup:

Run a few tests

Quote Originally Posted by Fodster View Post
    Run a few tests
    Nah, i'm far too lazy for that

I might do something over the weekend..........

madman215 Unattached
    Quote Originally Posted by Goofy View Post
    Good first post madman It's actually something i've wondered about myself in the past!

In the DTL for example i had two goalkeepers, Borislav Kostov and Hugo Lloris........ now Kostovs player attributes were a good bit better in all important areas yet Lloris was considered the better goalkeeper by 'the game' (two stars iirc) which led me to believe the game considers high reputation (not sure which one, home, current, world) to be a big factor! Unfortunately i don't know for sure......... Mark Vaughan would probably know, maybe Tapani!

Good question though mate....... and welcome to the site :tup:
    Thanks man. Interestingly in my case, the younger players had the higher attributes, and I thought it was this that was perhaps swaying it. I guess it's just not that accurate, and isn't a true measure of current ability.

Thanks again.

Was referring to mad goof, be quick enough, create two players, one with high ca one with low, the one with low to have greats atts and high ca to hve shit atts and see who gets the most stars?

Hi,
    I always assumed stars were related to current abilities (not player attributes). Any one to confirm ?

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.