Thread: Football Rule Changes

vCash

Football Rule Changes

Football rule changes for next season
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48382254
    Also teams will be allowed to name 12 subs in european competitions.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to the villan For This Useful Post:

vCash
    My take:

Handball rule clear as mud as usual.

Goal kicks not needing to leave the area looks like a rule to favour the likes of Man City so they can play it short without being pressed immediately.

Don't see what's wrong with putting players on the end of the wall?

Maybe a bit controversial but I actually don't mind the tactical time wasting part of the game like subs.

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Some decent changes there but as you say - handball rule still fooked

If the sub time wasting time was properly added on then no issue - but it never is so I like that one

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    Think they've gone the wrong way with the goal kick rule - always thought it was dumb that there's no punishment for someone stepping into the area to receive that ball if they see they're gonna be under pressure. So I would've gone the other way and punished the reception of a goal kick in the area

Overall, don't really care about most of it, drop balls could be interesting though.
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

vCash
    All those rules are already active in Brazil since couple months ago (as our 2019 league already started). Some of them are having good results but others are having some funny outcomes:

any play stopped in a penalty area will be returned to the goalkeeper, even if the attacking team had the ball.
    Happened in a match here: An attacker was about to shoot and score a goal, but the referee marked a penalty that happened just a moment before the attacker received the ball. However, the referee checked the VAR and cancelled the penalty. Then the ball was returned to goalkeeper. I mean, the attacker was going to score the goal if no penalty had been marked.

drop ball awarded if the ball hits the referee and goes to the other team as a result
    Fair enough, so far I like that rule and its always funny when that happens

Quote Originally Posted by the villan View Post
    Handball rule clear as mud as usual.
    Indeed, still lots of confusion happening with handballs.

Quote Originally Posted by the villan View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with putting players on the end of the wall?
    The reason for that rule is that attacking players were pulling and pushing the opposing players, not allowing them to build the wall properly. But the outcome of this new rule is pretty funny so far: The attacking players stay 1m away in front of the wall, but the wall slowly walks forward (as always), until they meet the attacking players and they start to push and pull each other as always. The referee gets confused and allows the free kick to be taken anyway (so far I've never seen they mark the indirect free kick to the other team).

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    If the sub time wasting time was properly added on then no issue - but it never is so I like that one
    Indeed, I like this one so far.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post: