Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 47 of 47

Thread: What Is Dele Alli in 2019?

  1. #26

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    What Portuguese guy?

    Is Alli gonna play behind Kane next year as support striker all things being equal?
    He would of stayed the permanent shadow striker if he didn't have dips in form and have hissy fits think he gets moved around now as he not as important to the team as he was 2-3 years ago. 2-3 years Eriksen was played deeper to cover for injuries ect now it's Alli think there is more chance of Moura or a new guy at start of season to play in the hole or main support striker

    They said I was someone with a Portuguese sounding name or someone called Jacob as I had a different opinion to them
    Last edited by leo37; 12-06-19 at 09:34 AM.

  2. #27

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by dweatherston11 View Post
    I personally think he is an English Tim Cahill. Hes a goalscoring attacking mid, and not a lot else.

    I see him give the ball away too much, he lacks a burst of speed too.

    But... he has a huge talent for arriving in the box at the right time. Somebody mentioned they dont cross as much as previously, because they play pace on the wings, two guys that like to cut in with Son and Lucas.

    Id be worried with the drop off, 18, 9, 5 (prem goals last 3 seasons), because it doesnt show a guy that is improving. Nowadays players are peaking earlier than 27, especially guys who have played as much as him.

    I think next season is a big one for him, because another one like this and he is no longer a guaranteed start.
    He has good stamina and fairly athletic if you go on his goal scoring last 24 months he isn't as prolific as when he first burst on the scene he was an unknown then and teams would of targeted him less and yes next season is a big one for him. I joked on chat that he is in danger of turning into a Jermaine Jenas more than one of the best attacking mids or support strikers in the world.

  3. #28

    Join Date
    19-10-18
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    1,857
    vCash
    700
    Better than Lampard? Potentially, yes. Better than Gerrard? Potentially, yes.

    But lets be clear... he'll never be as good as Jermaine Jenas


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to SteveHarle For This Useful Post:


  5. #29

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarle View Post
    Better than Lampard? Potentially, yes. Better than Gerrard? Potentially, yes.

    But lets be clear... he'll never be as good as Jermaine Jenas

    All seriousness though I don't think he has the temperament to be better or as consistent as Lampard or Gerrard even if he is arguably more technically gifted. Lampard and Gerrard both got there through hard work and fine tuning their best attributes not even sure what Alli could fine tune at this point as I still confused what he is

  6. #30

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    How do all the Alli fanboys also defend his poor international record only 3 goals in over 30 caps and England have been a fairly high scoring team last few years?

  7. #31

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    3,421
    vCash
    1295
    Sterling has 8 in 51. A really important player for England you claim

  8. #32

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Sterling has 8 in 51. A really important player for England you claim
    much better than 3 in 37 for Alli

    also up until world cup England were playing Alli as the 2nd goal threat behind Kane he was practically a support striker

  9. #33

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    3,421
    vCash
    1295
    Why do you keep making things up to try and justify your arguments?

  10. #34

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Why do you keep making things up to try and justify your arguments?
    I'm using stats just as you did

    I just think he is overrated and won't reach his potential is all
    Last edited by leo37; 12-06-19 at 10:58 AM.

  11. #35

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Why do you keep making things up to try and justify your arguments?
    England for a couple of years tried to replicate Alli behind Kane hoping it would be as successful as it was for Spurs he certainly was deeper for the world cup or at least seemed to be apart from the Panama game Alli wasn't an attacking threat or play particularly well in the other games

  12. #36

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    3,421
    vCash
    1295
    No you arenít. You keep saying stuff about his position and roles in his teams with absolutely zero evidence to back up your claims.

    You are fine to have an opinion on him as a player. Itís frustrating though when you give false information. Do some research first. Educate yourself.

  13. #37

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    3,421
    vCash
    1295
    Quote Originally Posted by leo37 View Post
    England for a couple of years tried to replicate Alli behind Kane hoping it would be as successful as it was for Spurs he certainly was deeper for the world cup or at least seemed to be apart from the Panama game Alli wasn't an attacking threat or play particularly well in the other games
    Perhaps if you looked into the system we used in the WC things may become clearer for you.

  14. #38

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    No you arenít. You keep saying stuff about his position and roles in his teams with absolutely zero evidence to back up your claims.

    You are fine to have an opinion on him as a player. Itís frustrating though when you give false information. Do some research first. Educate yourself.
    I don't think I have given any false information mate

    unless wiki is fabricating player stats or you think 3 goals in 37 games is a good record for an attacking player ? so am i lying saying for a few years that England tried to replicate Alli behind kane which was successful at spurs at the time? and i'm pretty sure for world cup Rashford and Sterling were the attacking threats behind Kane and Alli played deeper probably because he done f all for England before that and was underwhelming

  15. #39

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Perhaps if you looked into the system we used in the WC things may become clearer for you.
    yes the system used in world cup was different because Alli's performances and record playing higher up just behind Kane was poor. Rashford was more a threat and Sterling had overtook Alli and played better for England meaning Alli was not as important to the team in an attacking sense the shape changed to try and utilise Rashford and Sterling more rather than Alli. I rate Alli much higher than Rashford btw apart from pace I don't think he offers much else.

  16. #40

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    3,421
    vCash
    1295
    You are a ham roll. I will be back after work to continue with this abomination of a thread

  17. #41

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    You are a ham roll. I will be back after work to continue with this abomination of a thread
    I think I argued my points quite well tbh and think many England and Spurs fans believe the media too much when young English players get over hyped with Alli being the perfect example of this he hasn't done much for over 2 seasons now considering what he was projected to become 3-4 years ago and for England especially he has been very disappointing.

  18. #42
    Tournaments Won: 11

    Join Date
    15-12-11
    Location
    Your Mother
    Posts
    32,685
    vCash
    480000
    Ideal signing for Pep to get the best out of him

  19. #43

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Ideal signing for Pep to get the best out of him
    yes Pep would certainly improve him you would think but he would need to make that move before he hits 25 and with over inflated prices for English and home nation players I do not think Man City would even pay the figures Spurs would want for him.

  20. #44

    Join Date
    03-03-12
    Posts
    3,421
    vCash
    1295
    He has had a below par season. I agree. He is a victim of the utterly ridiculous standards he set himself.

    I am not saying you canít have an opinion, or that youíre wrong about Alli not kicking on. What frustrates me is your lack of knowledge of the roles Alli has played for club and country and the circumstances behind them. Iíll give you plenty of examples later of where youíve just made stuff up to make your argument seem stronger.

  21. #45

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    He has had a below par season. I agree. He is a victim of the utterly ridiculous standards he set himself.

    I am not saying you canít have an opinion, or that youíre wrong about Alli not kicking on. What frustrates me is your lack of knowledge of the roles Alli has played for club and country and the circumstances behind them. Iíll give you plenty of examples later of where youíve just made stuff up to make your argument seem stronger.
    Ok well I did ask you some questions when you stated ''I made things up'' The England shape for world cup was different though and the main point I was making was that it changed when the replication of Alli behind Kane for England did not work as well as it did for Spurs might not be Alli's fault maybe other players in system not adapt around him as well but either way when Alli was more of a support or shadow striker for England his goal return was really bad it's why Rashford started more games and Sterling was utilised more as the main attacking mid instead of Alli

  22. #46
    Tournaments Won: 5

    Join Date
    11-03-12
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    5,606
    vCash
    3792
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    He has had a below par season. I agree. He is a victim of the utterly ridiculous standards he set himself.
    ^This

    Still one of the best young midfielders in Europe right now, but another season or two like this one and he'll be in the category "big talent, never more". He'll need to up his game when Eriksen leaves and has the potential to be Spurs best player by far. But having the potential and realizing said potential are two completely different stories.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to GFRay For This Useful Post:


  24. #47

    Join Date
    19-05-19
    Posts
    298
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    ^This

    Still one of the best young midfielders in Europe right now, but another season or two like this one and he'll be in the category "big talent, never more". He'll need to up his game when Eriksen leaves and has the potential to be Spurs best player by far. But having the potential and realizing said potential are two completely different stories.
    yes i agree and it's partly why I started the thread also he is an interesting player as well because he doesn't have playmaker attributes or is very pacey to play as an unorthodox shadow striker or even a mix (which is debatable on how someone perceives his strengths) and his movement is not as good or is restricted more recently within the team setups he plays in over the last few years.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •