Thread: International Management

vCash

International Management

Got offered the England job in 2028 after Southgate failed miserably by losing the European Championship Final on penalties....never managed an International team before, need some advice.

You can't train anybody so you don't need coaches, is that right?

You don't have any scouts?

Do you have to just use Player Search with the Nationality filter set to English to find players?

vCash
    That's right! Couldn't hire them even if you tried.

And yeah, the filtered player search will throw up anyone of any repute.

Most frustratingly, arranging friendlies is also out of your control. Sometimes you play the same few countries all the time in the friendlies that are arranged for you - familiarity breeds contempt ha.

It can get a bit boring, I sometimes have an international game to play when I get bored of my main game... think you might get tired of it pretty quick if it's your sole focus.
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

vCash
    I am also managing Bayer Leverkusen so the International stuff is just a break from that....strangely I got the job despite never having managed in England for the whole 11 seasons of tjis save.

vCash
    In Europe it gets a bit tedious as there will just be 3 or 4 teams who you play all your friendliest against.

One tip is that if there is a player with hidden attributes, call him up to the squad and voila! All is reveilled

vCash
    Playing the major tournaments is fun but not being able to pick Friendlys and a lack of the season by season can be a drag

vCash
    The friendly-issue is terrible, two things that happened to me:

- Friendly gets cancelled because opponent is in quali-playoffs, no replacement.
    - Playing the last pre-WC-friendly against the same side as your opening game at WC.

Then there is this problem that the Confederations-Cup won't get reset after 2009, and of course playing the same sides over and over and over.

A patch that would let you arrange your own friendlys or at least choose your opponents or at the very least prevents some or all of the problems listed above would be the tits.

vCash
    No problem with the Confederations Cup using the latest DB and patch.

The rest is still a pain and International management is only enjoyable if you also have a club for the day job

vCash
    I don't like that your only friendly in build up to the World Cup is in March, no May friendlies for a little prep is a pain.

I seem to play against the same side every March before a major as well

vCash
    It seems like there is a pattern to how friendlies are arranged - play good team, then play crap team. my first 4 friendlies went France, Burkina Faso, Belgium then Moldova.....