Thread: International under-21 squads

vCash

International under-21 squads

Hi all, apologies if this in the wrong section. I'm in my 8th season on a 3.9.68 with Tapani v2.21 patch applied. Eng, Ita, Spa, Ger, Fra leagues, all foreground. MAX database size.

I only like to buy young players and enjoy spending time sifting through the various international under-21 squads. At the start of the game, even smaller nations had full squads, however 8 seasons in most of them seem to be severely depleted, even countries such as Portugal, Holland and Belgium. Is this always an issue with longer saves? I thought player regen would mean there would always be young players coming back into the game?

It's a shame as until I noticed this I'd been massively enjoying my save.
    Thanks all.

vCash
    Regens for these nations are probably regenerating too old for the U21 squad

vCash
    I'm glad you oppened a thread about this matter, I've been dealing with the same issue but I created so many threads recently that I was avoiding creating even further ones. With me not even the regens are few but the fake players that completes the squad disappear and I have teams starting with less than 11 players, here's an example:

Did you ever face this kind of problem?

vCash
    I think that goes down as a good result for Ukraine!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    I think that goes down as a good result for Ukraine!
    If it was just the lack of players it would be alright, but that issue sometimes makes the game crash.

vCash
    saturn patches fix the issue mentioned by HClee, so regens will regenerate younger.

Also, MAX database option won't load max database as you would expect, it caps at a maximmun of 100k players and will fail to load many players from non playable nations as ukraine and estonia. If you apply the "force load all players" patch then your game will load 5x more players from non-playable nations and consequently you will have many more U21 regens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    saturn patches fix the issue mentioned by HClee, so regens will regenerate younger.

Also, MAX database option won't load max database as you would expect, it caps at a maximmun of 100k players and will fail to load many players from non playable nations as ukraine and estonia. If you apply the "force load all players" patch then your game will load 5x more players from non-playable nations and consequently you will have many more U21 regens.
    What patch should I use to force that extra load? Do I have to start a new save or can I do it in my current save? Also, do I need to apply the official patches in order to use it? I use the original game database!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucasjeha View Post
    What patch should I use to force that extra load? Do I have to start a new save or can I do it in my current save? Also, do I need to apply the official patches in order to use it? I use the original game database!
    Force extra load is the "force load all players" checkbox from https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11661 . Its compatible with: 3.9.68, tapani and saturn patches. I think its not compatible with 3.9.60. You need to start a new save for it to have an effect (and also make sure to choose max db option in game).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Force extra load is the "force load all players" checkbox from https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11661 . Its compatible with: 3.9.68, tapani and saturn patches. I think its not compatible with 3.9.60. You need to start a new save for it to have an effect (and also make sure to choose max db option in game).
    Thanks a lot! By the way, if I install the 3.9.68 patch, how should I proceed to have the original players database from 3.60 back and also how should I proceed to be able to play in the WC Qualifiers for 2002 WC? When I last tried that patch, the WC teams were already set.

Thanks!