Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nk Imotska Krajina (odb v3.68) - GREYED OUT ABYSS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    That's what I said after your promotion. Perhaps I was wrong and promotion was a bad thing and came too early. Your players started getting attitudes and then results got worse.

You only dropped one place (12thy to 13th) in this second season but the goal difference, which was surprisingly good in your first year in the top league, is very poor now.

For some reason I can't see player positions in your tactics screen vc Uskok, but if you have several DMC's it may be worth trying a formation with two or three defensive midfielders. Sometimes that works. THere may be other options.

Can you please post a list of your squad with their player positions and their average ratings for the two seasons in the First Division? Either typed or screenshot?

I have the 03/04 season which was my plus goal difference one and my crazy counter attacking with the arrows

I delete pics as I go along as they build up a lot so 03/04 is all I have

yes only dropping one place but as you said it was a big fall in all areas really the league itself has 3 tiers the way i look at it i was a second tier team just a few coin flip games away from a European play off spot instead of looking like a very poor relegation team the season after

vCash
    I still can't see your players positions (DC, DR, DMC, etc.) or is that just me?

In my tactic screens they clearly show
    Spoiler!

So I can't see what type of players you have in your squad. How many DMCs?
    Last edited by samsami; 25-06-19 at 08:27 AM.

vCash
    I still can't see your players positions (DC, DR, DMC, etc.) or is that just me?

In my tactic screens they clearly show
    Spoiler!

So I can't see what type of players you have in your squad. How many DMCs?
    you can try logging out and reading the thread as a guest that might help load the pics on your screen think it a weird thing as we both use the the same image host might cause us not to see each others screen shots logged in

if not

GK
    SW
    2 DCS
    2 WBS
    3 DMCS
    1 ATT MID
    1 STRIKER

also if you look back at the section on the thread for the 2003/04 season it explains why I used the formation and what players I had in my squad and why the arrows are like how they are

oh and also that season i had 2 dmcs in my squad with very high crossing attribute is why the right sided DMC is flying out to the right plus he is very quick and has 20 stamina i should of put that on the thread originally
    Last edited by leo37; 25-06-19 at 08:44 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Have you been getting any stadium expansions or youth facility upgrades over the years?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    Have you been getting any stadium expansions or youth facility upgrades over the years?
    nah same as when i started 2,500 stadium and worst facilities possible lol

but players still develop with game time , loans and training ect but obviously not to the max potential if they was else where

I think players develop the same, I just think you get better youngsters if you have better facilities come through

I always demand expansions of both as in the short term it costs but long term you earn more money

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leo37 View Post
    GK
    SW
    2 DCS
    2 WBS
    3 DMCS
    1 ATT MID
    1 STRIKER

also if you look back at the section on the thread for the 2003/04 season it explains why I used the formation and what players I had in my squad and why the arrows are like how they are

oh and also that season i had 2 dmcs in my squad with very high crossing attribute is why the right sided DMC is flying out to the right plus he is very quick and has 20 stamina i should of put that on the thread originally
    Yes, I guess you'll have to continue to try things (and stick with it for a while) and wait and see.

With Rovers the 2 DMC formation worked well. The 3 DMC formation worked even better. But I did have the players for it. A formation only works if you have the players. Hope your next season goes well for you!!!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yes, I guess you'll have to continue to try things (and stick with it for a while) and wait and see.

With Rovers the 2 DMC formation worked well. The 3 DMC formation worked even better. But I did have the players for it. A formation only works if you have the players. Hope your next season goes well for you!!!
    thanks

and yes formations need the players I am enjoying this game because apart from last season i certainly feel like i got the maximum out of the players i had. Last season looking back I made too many changes to a system that just needed a couple of better players or more cover in certain areas i kinda lost the plot and tried to many stupid ideas that don't suit what i have attribute wise or to how i compare up to other teams.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The CM'ing' of Dinamo Zagreb a tactical side story 05/06 season

To understand Dinamo Zagreb there squad is immense for this league they still have Nico Kranjar, Ivica Olic and an exceptional Croatian talent called Marten Bartolovic signed from European pushing Cibilia (he averages just under 1 goal a game and 0.5 assist) a beast for the AI. They play a very attacking 5 3 2 formation with the wingbacks usually very attacking as they sometimes even use a a player called Mitu there or other FRC's or FLC's in that position against what you would consider very weak opponents in comparison to the talent they have that there disposal.

I was lucky enough to play them twice throughout the season when they had just come off the back of tough European games midweek so they did slightly rotate but even still there back up players are not much worse than there starting 11 and I am sure they will play me at bad time in the future when I have an Injury crisis or suspensions ect and will completely smash and overload my defensive unit too bits

On with the CM'ing' Dinamo bit so yes away from home how else is a ability restricted side like mine be able to beat these on there own turf well 4 things are needed to combine luck, defensive solidity, hard work and a RNG that swings slightly in my favour when all the other conditions are met (this is how i see it anyway)

The Tactic

it is a little more than just a defensive base but also some 'hit and hope' hit it long to the big man and the crazy work horse upfront with insane work rate but very poor technically (well both forwards are very poor technically for this level) but they play off each other quite well for very long an direct style when they are so isolated from the rest of the team i usually have them both on short passing and the left sided forward on hold up ball but for this game i had them both on direct i didn't want them messing about with it waiting for support and getting pressed out of possession when there is a rare opportunity to strike on goal or if they have the option to play a low percentage success option pass into the other striker they should 'fecking do it' as there is not gonna be many opportunities to get shots on goal this game I was expected to be completely swamped and overloaded and that was what happened the entire 90 mins

Keeping a tight ship obviously is the crucial part my DMC at half time was set to Man Mark the opposing AMC and then flicked on press for both my mc's which i would not usually do as they have ok work rate but not enough to out press a superior midfield who are so dominant in the match but it was just a feeling i had plus Dinamo was a tiny bit out of condition for this one off game so i tried to take my edge in any little way i could. I have got to know my squad over the seasons so it is easier when you get that instinctive feeling what will work and what will not with certain players under certain conditions. I had both DC'S on press hard tackling and long ball and my sweeper the same except no press (i do not usually have all 3 hit and hoping but what else you gonna do have them on short in such a deep style tactic against a far superior opponent). The wbs just cross no dribbling (feck that in this game) but i did have them on forward runs and crosses as is what we need to try win set pieces and what suits my strikers.

so here are the match stats

some will say lucky but i say is it luck, but is it though? if it was always your intention to 'CM' the ai from the start? like what else was I gonna do go expansive press attacking short and hope I maybe score a goal or 2 and just accept a 3-1, 4-2 defeat ect as they have the better players ect well on other saves maybe i might not care so much and just attack but we pride ourselves on our defense at Krajina the unit that has taken 4-5 seasons to evolve so no it was not all luck but a combination of many things all coming together for this one game :-)
    Last edited by leo37; 26-06-19 at 09:01 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Well that’s what you call a perfect away performance. How’s the rest of the new season going?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Well that’s what you call a perfect away performance. How’s the rest of the new season going?
    It went better than i expected I need to type up the season

vCash
    Croatian First Division
    2005/06

Just some screenshots of a few new additions and the return of some old faces from the reserves

Dadic a new arrival and finally after 4/5 seasons i have a flexible striker well rounded to use in many different roles (ty finally scouts)

Cindric looks like he might become a nice replacement for unhappy Jeric who is out on loan this season but not forgotten

Katic developing ok attribute wise but very weak in the middle battles and underwhelming in a creative or attacking sense not sure what he actually offers the team either going forward or back at this point

The return of Vucak physical beast but very limited in his abilities

Blokar his best goal return yet 12 goals his attributes declining a little though

So we started the season very well even got a media report stating we are title challengers I just laughed this off and refused to comment i'm not foolish enough to think a team based so defensively and rigid still could win the title with so many teams with great attacking talent like dinamo and hajdcuk in the league

We certainly can give these 2 giants a problem in games but we are still very much set up to stop them instead of taking the game to them which has certainly worked in the past against Dinamo I think after this season we have 4 wins in total against them now and some low scoring draws but Hadjuck slightly different story they are much more cautious and our games our tight always flipping 1 goal either way but usually draws between us. I was certainly pleased with the start of the season with new striker Dadic chipping in with some goals and assists and nice to see Blokar upping his game now with a slightly better strike partner to play off of.

We struggle to still break down teams though if we do not score first our best approach is usually position the midfield higher and go full Sam Allardyce Bolton style with wide attacking full backs lots of crosses and an att mid and 2 runners supporting from midfield sometimes it worked other times we just got countered as some of our heavier defeats show

The Marsonia defeat of 4-0 springs to mind they went defensive after scoring first and ripped us to pieces late on 3 times on the counter when i was bombarding them with crosses long shots and just loads of high balls into the box. We did get lots of scrappy wins this season too just from a solid base and sheer will to win we either scored late or scored very early and hung on. There was very little variation in our play this season as we went back to basics and in half the games it was only the central mid trio the only players not set on long or direct passes.

Was I proud of our style of football no I was not . Was it effective yes i'd say in over 80% of games playing to our strengths certainly edged those draws into wins and those loses into late draws. We did tail off quite badly towards the end of season lots of niggly injuries and suspensions to key players mainly in defense effected our momentum but all in all so happy with the season.

For the first time we ended up in the euro qualifying section but lost out to a decent Slaven team who defended really well against us over 2 games and it felt like we had run out of ideas

Really hoping next season to release one of our Centre Mids into a more attacking or free role option to just allow a bit more cutting edge and variation when direct football is being defended so well by our opponents

If you would like to see the tactics please see the previous post of the 'CMing' of Dinamo

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    That's better

Positive goal balance again (although. not even all that much better than in your first year in the First Division) but seventh place!!

What do the finances look like now?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

Wow massive improvement on last season, hopefully now can make yourselves a steady mid table club before pushing on again

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    That's better

Positive goal balance again (although. not even all that much better than in your first year in the First Division) but seventh place!!

What do the finances look like now?
    They was terrible before debts got cleared mid season i'm around 0 balance now it was nearly 700k before and that was with me selling a few little 30k and 40k transfers every year for 4 years players i still needed really just for a little depth :-(

25. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by leo37 View Post
    They was terrible before debts got cleared mid season i'm around 0 balance now it was nearly 700k before and that was with me selling a few little 30k and 40k transfers every year for 4 years players i still needed really just for a little depth :-(
    I think you have to request stadium expansions, as much as it might mess you up in the short term, long term will make you money

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I think you have to request stadium expansions, as much as it might mess you up in the short term, long term will make you money
    They won’t expand until I regularly in Europe I still ask but they always say no then the ultimatum option comes up

Could still be a while yet as I didn’t have a really good player scouted for 2/3 years I got a batch in the beginning then a few youngsters 4 years later but you never know when the next load of decent Croatians are gonna regenerate and even then my scouts need to find them

Last time I did an ultimatum they said no but didn't sack me as I had done a good job. The fans protested and were on my side. Even though they still said no in the summer I got 3000 more seats.

The only affect of my ultimatum was they went from delighted with me to very please. I soon got it back to delighted so no harm done.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Start of 2006/07

Few new players to start with

looks mobile lacks technical but has good off the ball might retrain as dmc bursting from deep

just a youngster

very cheap signing who came up on croatia scout report was transfer listed

another basic youngster

for some versatility and cover

First few games

Struggled at home to a relegation team called Kamen Ingrad just looked really poor in attack and snatched a late draw in a poor performance the opening game was just very weak 2-0 away to Zadar who are a decent mid table side we just didn't get a foothold in the game and a couple of the new signings didn't perform well.

I changed the tactic 3rd game in which looked very nice going forward obviously the shape was leaving the area in front of the dc's a little exposed as we would always overload the area in previous seasons. The match stats might suggest with a little tweaking this might be the way to go moving forward if I can find a way to maximise the role of the sweeper covering two jobs as both protector to stop counter attacks or dangerous att mid and coverer behind the pressing centre backs.

Trying to play to our strengths of 2 pressing dc's a defensive left wb a drifter out wide up front (who has nice crossing and workrate) 2 mobile hard working but basic dmc's and a player in the hole who can hold up the ball either wait for support or has the option to try a through ball as he only has strength and passing as stand out attributes.
    Last edited by leo37; 28-06-19 at 11:37 AM.

I don't hold too much hope for the striker with 2 for finishing lol

At least you're up and running with your first win now, hopefully can get some form going

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I don't hold too much hope for the striker with 2 for finishing lol

At least you're up and running with your first win now, hopefully can get some form going
    I weren't getting much in the way of talent on the scout reports and cleaned out all the junk from the reserves pre season that had never featured in previous years

the 2 finishing (lol) striker i dunno might become a 4 goal a season work horse one day ahah
    Last edited by leo37; 28-06-19 at 12:00 PM.

Maybe he will get 4 goals if you put him on penalty duties!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Maybe he will get 4 goals if you put him on penalty duties!
    he only 16 but i'm not hopeful the facilities will help in his progression we dropped down to awful now. More likely he breaks his leg or slips and falls in the shower and kills himself instead of making it as an established first team player one day.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Oh jesus you really need some upgrades... I'll drop this subject when you apply haha

40. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    The Decline of Dadic so quickly and the overall collapse of attributes in the squad is a complete joke never imagined having cold showers and a physio who smokes 50 rolls up a day would have such a terrible effect on the player attributes.

He was my big hope of progression for moving forward with a rounded striker in the squad

Sort it out board!

the never ending cycle of one step forward and two steps back!

it isn't even a small collapse of attributes but an entire level drop on a lot of players
    Last edited by leo37; 28-06-19 at 07:01 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast