Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Nk Imotska Krajina (odb v3.68) - GREYED OUT ABYSS

vCash
    ya 200k in the black :-)

3rd will be a tough ask in that group all 2 top last season in there domestic leagues

2. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash

4. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Dinamo Zagreb's Bogey Team

Firstly I didn't want to confuse people that do follow the story I am currently still in season 2011/12 (winter break early dec11) just haven't had the chance last few days to really hammer through a season which is how I like to play the game a 3 hr session then do write up of season but recently I can only get 30 mins or an hour here and there so kinda broke up the flow a little.

Back to the 'Dinamo Bogey Team Bit' They must hate us and I mean really hate us we have such a great record against the top team in Croatia over the years there data analysts and top European coaches must be scratching there heads after matches. It has only been the last couple of years we have started pushing our midfield up a little more compared to overloading defensively in front of the back 3 so we are actually taking the game more to teams like Dinamo in the league but there is a common theme. Dinamo can not seem to handle which is direct and long passes from deep on the counter or from the turn over of possession obviously having a strong defensive unit helps with this and also high energy pressing and quick forwards up front or combination of

https://i.postimg.cc/mr4Cf4K3/dinamo-passing.jpg

Dinamo actually started the game really well overloading with a 5 3 2 with a very aggressive gung ho attacking style with wingbacks bombing forward and a very attacking and creative midfield not one of there players in the midfield or wide positions would be considered a ball winner or holding player. They took an early lead but unfortunately for them saw an early sending off yes this could of effected things badly and going down to 10 men certainly makes it difficult for any team but the record we have against them from previous seasons suggests we still may have got a positive result here regardless of the sending off

The tackling from us was very low with only 41% it's usually much much higher than that with previous systems I used but it's a trust of the 3 centre backs to gobble up opposition attacks more than a reliance of a ball winning midfield also I want the midfield positioned higher with loads of options for the attacking players on the counter.
    We came 3rd last season so I'm trying to be more realistic of our approach and just sitting everyone in front of the back 5 sends out bad vibes for me which is what we would of done in the past against them away from home.

Dinamo kept trying to overload the attacks even with 10 men but our defenders have great positioning and work really well as unit even if one or two them lack an attribute or 2 the other defender in the unit may compensate for this

So with what it felt like Dinamo aimlessly attacking and getting gobbled up by our defence the majority of the game it would only be a matter of time before we had a positive phase in the match and decent spell and when maybe a direct long combo came together which is a low success rate it would most probably be deadly.

The second half saw us completely rip them to shreds with the commentary showing Dinamo losing possession in our 3rd for long spells and gradually as they ran out of ideas our attack destroyed them

https://i.postimg.cc/CKFjWYqy/dinamo-match-stats-51.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/RFYpSq7J/dinamo-match-screen.jpg

I had previously spoken about the 'cm-ing of Dinamo' and explained my tactics and some luck needed to defeat them but things have changed since then from back when it was purely just all out defend now this is a 3rd variant style we have destroyed them with but they all have the same theme - long and direct balls from deep.

Just wanted to point out most other teams in the league this style does not work against usually because they have defenders who are very physical or better defensive shapes who just easily defend a direct style or just simply because they never overload attacks and just pumping balls up from defence is not ideal at the best of times this is only a situational approach as Dinamo is the team I got obsessed with trying to destroy over the years and they have generally played the same style throughout that period.

We did comfortably beat them last season too with using a controlled possession tactic (which has failed miserably this season so I changed my base tactic and approach after 5-6 games in) but changed the passing for my dc's from short/mixed combo into a direct/long combo just for the Dinamo game.

Hajduk , Slaven and Sesvete at times seem to have the upperhand on my side so it is always interesting and maybe in the future I will take more time to try figure them out and 'cm' or create a system which counter acts them
    Last edited by leo37; 07-07-19 at 01:43 PM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Nice result again, just find a tactic thats works v every different team and the league will be yours!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Think that might be impossible to do Dinamo seem a unique case 5 3 2 extremely attacking and overload every year feels like the most insanely attacking ai team on cm0102 on any save i played

full of ball playing defenders who when pressed harrassed and isolated give me assists.

there are other teams in the league that have battered them too from time to time but usually being extremely attacking works for them
    Last edited by leo37; 07-07-19 at 04:29 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Season 2011/12
    Croatian First Division

Compared to the previous season after promotion and everything feeling right in the summer such as nice scout reports coming back with free youngsters, high morale and a good feeling for a new tactic this year I didn't feel that security and hope for this season

We signed quite a few new players probably much better in overall quality but the team I had last year it was much easier to figure out there stand out attributes which made tactical setups and tweaking much easier

This year I struggled a bit more

New Signings

We started the league campaign very poorly with loses to Dinamo and Varteks both games we started with the possession style tactic which was successful for us last season it looked woeful in both games far to static and easily over run in midfield I stuck with it a little longer hoping there would be an improvement we did sneak a few wins but the performances remained poor.

I was disappointed with our display in the Champions league even though we got through to the group stages in the qualifier against Irish side Waterford our side never felt fluid and early season form showed this up until the Dinamo away performace before the winter break *previouly posted about the 5-1*

Probably the worst set of results I ever had from a champions league group O goals scored and comfortable wins against me for Feyenoord, Nurnberg and Nantes

This was our worst performance and result in the group

First time I ever had a player in an attacking position play a 3 on any cm save Sertic is my creative free role guy and he got completely butchered against a strong Feyenoord team.

We never really got into any momentum up until the mid way point (winning 3 on the bounce) and was a terrible time for the mid season break as we had just changed back to a more direct style and dropped the pretty football as Sertic was getting targeted far too often in games

I probably can't even post a tactic this year used far too many non stop changing and trying to find the right blend!

Overall thought it was not a terrible season we was only expected 'stay clear of relegation' so a secure season above mid table was decent enough for us not sure if we sneaked an Intertoto spot or not? as both Croatian Cup Finalists finished top 8 in the league and there are 8 European spots so as long as the coefficents stay stable we might be ok!

The finances are much better now finished the season 0 bank balance but no debt and no money to spend either so If we do not get back into Champions league anytime soon the debt may get back to high levels again we also pay our players a bit more than usual now and still only have a 2,500 seater stadium with awful facilities and yes the f'ing board still rejects every improvement I request

Big positive though was the 7 match unbeaten run at the end of the season maybe we can take that momentum into 2012/13 and really push on!

Times are certainly changing at Imotska being forced to get rid of loyal squad players who I know very well and replacing them with better quality and rounded players has forced me to change my approach and even if we have higher ability players it just feels like the soul is getting ripped out of the club

Also with Korac expected to retire soon and old squad players like Blokar and Miric probably having to get moved on as well after being at the club for over 10 years now
    Last edited by leo37; 08-07-19 at 02:22 PM.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    In a way this was to be expected, but no European football is a setback financially.

Still, 8th place is not all that bad.

Are the Board unhappy?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    In a way this was to be expected, but no European football is a setback financially.

Still, 8th place is not all that bad.

Are the Board unhappy?

might of sneaked intertoto if coefficents stay the same over summer

no board are delighted

just worried i losing that steel and togetherness i had in previous teams i knew exactly how each player could play and perform and now after a little money i had to replace many of them with better quality but they look clueless as a team at times

I mean disappointing in some ways but expected and gained experience from it.

Hows the bank balance now?

You still playing with awful training facilities and a 2500 stadium!?

vCash
    yes same old

no improvements the champions league money helped but we back to 0 again now and will keeping leaking monies until we make the CL group stages again
    Last edited by leo37; 08-07-19 at 02:28 PM.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    I am glad that you did not get fired when you were relegated.

These last two years show that the Board made the right decision in not firing you.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    2012/13
    Croatian First Division

Pre Season Events

After Korac was having back pains playing golf during the summer he finally made the decision to not turn up for pre season training and retire from playing (Currently our assistant manager)

Even though the coefficient changes did see Croatia drop down to 8th we still sneaked an Intertoto place and tbh it was a waste of time for us
    our first match up came against Maltese side Hibernians on June 30th way to early for playing competitive fixtures and our squad was completely unconditioned
    We got through the first round and faced Dinamo Minsk in the second round I do not really have an excuse for being knocked out to them they did have a couple of freaks in the team here is one of them a bit of a Maxim Tsialgko but with more assists

Slightly rotated over the two legs against Minsk and ended up getting knocked out on pens

We did snap up a talented youngster from a scout report called Nenad Tomic

Our opening league fixture was a tough one away to Dinamo and it was the first time I had never seen play a very attacking 5 3 2 we had 2 players sent off early in the game and unsurprisingly never recovered and lost 2-0

After reading different tactics and some stuff on the forums I decided to try a slightly new system very defensive and low risk compared to last few seasons of more open and possession based

It seemed to have a very positive effect on my team very defensively solid with a nice chances to goals conversion rate
    It's actually set as defensive on that tactics screen and is flicked to attacking and more forward runs if behind in matches

Some ruthlessly efficeint defensive displays

Slaven Bulepo were the team leading the way early season up to the half way point they was undefeated and looked unstoppable The champions Rijeka we're struggling a little and playing catch up after poor early season form with Dinamo clueless stuck in mid table

Our form was great and during the mid winter break after 17 games played was getting plenty of media news about Imotska being 'title challengers' it was the first time during the season and the way the matches had gone so far I actually thought we had a realistic chance but still outsiders
    Still lacking the overall quality of teams like Dinamo, Rijeka and Hajduk who all seem to qualify from the champions league groups now with ease these days and have really strong squads it certainly wouldn't be seen as a shock if a top European side was knocked out in Europe to a Croatian one

We had a very disappointing 1-0 loss to Pomorac straight after the winter break but then we found our stride again going 11 matches unbeaten and ended up playing Rijeka on the final game of the season we was 2 points behind and a win would see us Champions it was a tough ask but after the great season we had it was certainly possible

The match saw Rijeka take an early lead with there powerful target man Antunovic and we equalized through our attacking mid Wolf just before half time but as the second half went on we just got ripped apart and Rijeka's quality showed they had also been on a 13 game unbeaten run with some very impressive victories

It felt like Rijeka's momentum had overpowered ours in the end :-(

https://postimg.cc/ppbFt0fT - Volpi DMC Rijeka
    https://postimg.cc/8sHjq1zy - Campos DC Rijeka

We ended up coming second and was one match away from becoming champions of Croatia It was a really good season even if the ending was a kick in the gut!

Not sure when we will back challenging this well for the title again it felt like a season we defended brilliantly and won all the tight games and didn't get unlucky much a bit like the Liverpool and Man city title race this year Liverpool did everything possible but City were just too good and had too much quality
    felt like Rijeka were our Man City!
    Last edited by leo37; 10-07-19 at 06:27 PM.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Wow second, never saw that coming... going out of Europe early did you a favour

Back in the Champions League next year?

Surely now club rep is going up?

How are finances, stadium and training now? And yes I will ask every year until I see improvements!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    ya intertoto was a waste of time ai teams all 100% and no matter how i changed training my squad was 70 and 80%

no improvements currently nearly 1.5 mill in debt

yes back in champions league as long as the coefficent doesn't collapse Croatia was 8th ranked this season by Uefa

Quote Originally Posted by leo37 View Post
    ya intertoto was a waste of time ai teams all 100% and no matter how i changed training my squad was 70 and 80%

no improvements currently nearly 1.5 mill in debt

yes back in champions league as long as the coefficent doesn't collapse Croatia was 8th ranked this season by Uefa
    Should get you back in the black then if you get though the qualifying round

I find if you do no training for 3 or 4 days everyone gets up to 100%

vCash
    Runners up! Here's your chance again, to get out of the red.

It's a roller-coaster, though. Next year you might be in 7th place again

28. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash

vCash
    Save over? If so, a shame. Great read.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to dane For This Useful Post:

vCash

33. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567