Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nk Imotska Krajina (odb v3.68) - GREYED OUT ABYSS

vCash

Nk Imotska Krajina (odb v3.68) - GREYED OUT ABYSS

GAME LOAD DETAILS - ALL LEAGUES HIGH DETAIL WITH MAX LOAD OF PLAYERS FROM NICK CO PATCH

Game conditions - (non wib wob) and can only sign Croatian players that come up on scout searches *scout tools and in game editor banned*

Club Facilities

https://i.postimg.cc/mZzfxm9S/facilities-and-fac.jpg

I was only using this originally as a casual save played a few games here and there over the space of a couple of months and just completed my first season with them. I wasn't intending to dip into the career section of the site with this one but it was kinda unique for me taking over a club with not one player registered (all greyed out) no transfer budget and forced to get the rejects on free transfer lower division teams in Croatia wouldn't even touch. My max wage I could offer was £200 per week and any player with a single player attribute over 12 wanted more money than my stingy board would allow.

Yes It's not the most appealing name for a football club (unless you previously managed in the lower divisions in Croatia) you probably would have never heard of them don't even think google has heard of them either

Pretty much all I found

Krajina
    Krajina is a Slavic toponym, meaning 'frontier' or 'march'. The term is related with kraj or krai, originally meaning "edge" and today denoting a region or province, usually distant from the metropole.

Will be posting season updates and screenshots more for record and archive purposes and if people take an interest then great

My aim is too sign Croatian players only but first season though I have signed foriegn player/coaches player/ass man though

In future though my only way of signing players will be from my scouts and even this will be tricky as my only scout at the club won't sign a new deal.

But I hope to take this greyed out club one day to European glory with only Croatian based players could be an impossible task but I will have fun trying

Honors

Croatian Second Division Champions 2001/02, 2009/10

Croatian Cup Winners 2009

Club Legends

Slaven Korac

Italo Damir Blokar

Ivica Smoje

Last edited by leo37; 04-07-19 at 09:30 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    CROATIAN DIVISION 2 SOUTH
    2001/02

Even though I didn't start with one f'ing player on the books my board still expected a mid table position and after a month of signing any player that came up 1 star rated on the scout report and looked like he wasn't in a wheelchair. I eventually had a full squad to start the season with it wasn't that balanced as most players were either wingers or fullbacks so had to neglect a midfield and go 3 up top.

Few early signings

My annoying scout

Gradually as the months went on into early season my form was great I managed to get in some meatheads upfront (after waiting patiently for these free agents to drop wage demands) my team was starting to take shape and seemed to blossom with my long ball tactic

tbf to my scout he did find some half decent players a few months in (his best 2 finds)

https://i.postimg.cc/DwVR41gg/klajictheclown.jpg -
    without his goals the season would of been flat was only player in squad capable of being a consistent goal scorer

https://i.postimg.cc/zf2sB6PL/korac.jpg -
    his attributes shot up mid season he didn't look like that when i signed him

Favourite player/coach - Robert Brcic

https://i.postimg.cc/fyNBTvZt/player-coach.png

There is only one promotion spot in the regional divs in Croatia you have to play the winner of the North league to get with the big boys of Dinamo and Hadjuk so even as champions you not guaranteed promotion. The season went far better than I had expected and not gonna lie it was a grind every match was like a basketball game and Krajina would only take victory if my main striker Klajick was fully fit as all my back up or rotation options were horrendous.

My main support striker in a 3 up top

Tot is his name and scoring certainly isn't his game

It wasn't a fun first season as some of the players were so bad I could not even know if i should put a player instruction on them or not iI never fully felt in control of anything during matches and just hoped to make less mistakes than opposition i guess as we were certainly not the only team in division lacking ability or technique. I never had a team that confused me so much players with 3 long shots scoring 30 yr screamers for winners and getting completed dominated in many games but somehow coming out on top. It was more down to my misfts than anything I did.

I said to the lads in March look we are not having another season in this pig s*** of a league again we are better than this. I do not know if my teamtalks had any positive effects on my lads I couldn't even offer some of them a win/goal or assist bonus I don't think many of them took football seriously and i'm sure all the young lads with 4 passing were calling me a w***** behind my back but we grew a tremendous team spirit as the months went on and coming into March we we're in the top 3! even the local media was talking about us as possible no hopers making it too the big time.

This was when we all started to believe 3-1 down with 10 mins to go outplayed, shattered and outclassed my main poacher Klajick completes his hatrick late on with our main competitors all losing too and no team wanting to win the league it would seem maybe we had an outside shot.

As the business end of the season was approaching the top 6 teams only had 4 points between them with us right in the mix.

Final league games of the season saw our decent form pip our rivals to top spot Sesvete and Inker who both battered us this season just couldn't find a win last few games and with a victory away to Viskok last game we secured top place in a game neither team had a shot n target until the last 10 mins of the match.

Final standings and I still have no clue how we won the league I never won a league before feeling like I never had a grasp of my team or knew what worked or what didn't

The playoffs I went very defensive just hoping that our main talisman Klajick would come good like he had most of the season previously https://i.postimg.cc/DwVR41gg/klajictheclown.jpg

The away leg securing promotion after a 3-2 win at home we only had 4 shots on target to Sesvete's 9 but again the luck was with us and cavric our goalie was just incredible considering i cheekily only pay him £45 a week

Playoff final second leg our 5 finishing big Italian/Croat powerhouse Blokar pops up with the winner too secure our promotion

Season 1 Tactic which changed out of a 5-3-2 after a couple of months into the season
    Last edited by leo37; 22-06-19 at 12:46 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    SUMMER 2002

A defender I have high hopes for Vladimir Jeric signs a 10 yr deal on £200 a week with no minimum release clause

First 2 youngsters home grown promoted from youth team probably get a run out next season when I am 5-0 down to Dinamo or Hadjuk lol

6. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Impressive start, looks like you may need to improve your youth facilities though to start getting through some better kids. Iím guessing the Croatia leagues donít bring in much money. Whatís your stadium size?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    Impressive start, looks like you may need to improve your youth facilities though to start getting through some better kids. Iím guessing the Croatia leagues donít bring in much money. Whatís your stadium size?
    https://i.postimg.cc/mZzfxm9S/facilities-and-fac.jpg

Thanks not sure how we achieved promotion in first season and think it happened to early tbh

There is no chance of them upgrading facilities for a few seasons yet just no money and no real way of making any make a player sale or 2 a season may help but there isn't alot of money in Croatia even with the big clubs.

will be expecting to head straight back down and yo yo for a few years (still can't get any scouts in even being in top league now)

My scout is expiring too and can't attract another one. Heading into next season they haven't up my max wage I can offer and my rep hasn't gone up either as some free's my only scout recommended last season still won't discuss terms with the club. *Early August now 2002 I can now offer £500 a week for staff but can't find any wanting to join the club*
    Last edited by leo37; 22-06-19 at 01:30 PM.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Ouch and I thought the Scottish League was bad

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    yeah it was pretty unhealthy but now a few months into season 2 I can offer 500 quid a week for both staff and players and much more hopeful now also my scout found me an incredible regen keeper on youth search he also found loads of young Serbs, Bulgarians and Russians but i can't sign them :-( due to the croatian nationality restriction i set for the save

Last edited by leo37; 22-06-19 at 09:51 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Could you not even get the keeper?

vCash
    first season i had only 1 till november and luckily he didn't get injured and managed to get a second who became my number one had awful stats but av rtaing was 7.30 and was steady won me lot of games or nicked draws when i was getting swamped by superior teams was probably the hero last season along with my striker

https://i.postimg.cc/3N1FB40d/cavvy.jpg - goalie
    https://i.postimg.cc/DwVR41gg/klajictheclown.jpg - poacher
    Last edited by leo37; 22-06-19 at 04:30 PM.

Both look decent i suppose if you look at the stats of the top players in the top league will give you an idea where you need to get to

vCash
    Having a look at the squads in Croatian second division the top 5 teams in the division probably had league 2 standard players in comparison to English pyramid and bottom team were below conference south standard. In top division now the top 3-4 clubs are championship standard with dinamo and hadjuk being almost bottom prem teams and the poorest teams probably low end league 1 or top of league 2. My team atm i have 4-5 good prospects now and my average for squad is probably mid league 2 standard

Keep a fit squad and you never know, stay up and build from there . If not yo yoing for a while isnít a bad thing

20. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Good luck leo

Managing in foreign countries is difficult but can be a real fun.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to LucasGills For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yes it's great

Been playing it most of the weekend so far it wasn't much fun first season just a grind but now I am getting to know team and familiar with other teams and players in Croatia I am really enjoying it

vCash
    CROATIAN DIVISION 1 (TOP LEAGUE)
    2002/03

I knew the season was gonna be tough very weak upfront but I have a nice base defensively in the team with my 3 best players being GK and 2 of the 3 central defenders. Wanted to keep things tight within matches and my base tactic and shape was very defensive minded. i stuck with this base tactic (with a few tweaks here and there for the majority of the season when ever i did go more adventurous or attacking my limited ability team would get punished so keep it tight and hoping to nick a goal late on or through a set piece was how I went about things in my first season in the top division.

The start was better than I expected and my team adapted to the new tactic and strategy very well. We got into the habit of beating relegation rivals and even held the mighty Dinamo Zagreb to a 0-0 draw at our place

Early knock out in the cup game against Vartek who kept there nerve with the penalties and we missed 2 of ours so a dream of a cup run was over right at the beginning of season.

I did manage to get in some decent talents from my youth search (my only scout still won't sign a contract and is still rolling)

The season was decent we averaged a point a game and had the 5th best defence in the league for conceding I wasn''t expecting to score many one due to my poor standard of strikers and secondly the way our team was set up to frustrate the opposition in 90% of our games

Our end of season we struggled but was never in a relegation battle the two teams who did get relegated Cakovec and Pamorac were really poor and was so glad to be able to try out some different variants in games with the pressure off as our safety was secured by feb/march time.

Top Goalscorer - Blokar 10 Goals

My amazing Central Defenders and GK I owe them everything all signed up on 10 yr contracts with no minimum fee clauses either

Hot Prospects for the Future

Top end of the Table Final Standings

After 2 long tough seasons and searching for new staff once a month every month the first scout ever interested to be employed by Nk Imotska Krajina joins the club on a 3 year contract.

https://i.postimg.cc/Vvp7Dpnv/first-scout.jpg

Stejpan Iavnkovic will be the first Croatian name I will never forget!
    Last edited by leo37; 22-06-19 at 10:18 PM.

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

A bit of a struggle for goals but none of that matters as your stayed up! Well done!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    i was expecting to get relegated mate my team can only try not concede atm they aren't strong enough to be in the division and i don't have a striker with decent goal scoring attributes and so far no creative or decent passers in midfield

my main man last season who was my poacher with 20 goals only scored 4 this season the standard I am playing is levels above my current squad

29. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just to put things into perspective and explain a little why I park the bus and sound a little negative about my current setup

This is Cavovec best striker last season and they got relegated in comparison to my top goalscorer

It's gonna be a long time before I can play expansive football or have a squad I can utilise in an attacking sense at this level.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Some incredible news after 2 long tough seasons and searching for new staff once a month every month the first scout ever interested to be employed by Nk Imotska Krajina joins the club on a 3 year contract.

Stejpan Iavnkovic will be the first Croatian name I will never forget!

With Striking options limited and scouts searches unsuccessful thus far for attacking talent thought I might have to retrain one of the right backs into a striker

Last edited by leo37; 22-06-19 at 10:32 PM.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Haha retraining positions is never easy though

35. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just read the whole thing through. Very challenging career, i must say. Although the promotion in the first year came too early really. Both for the story's sake and also because you don't have the team for it. On the other hand, spending ten years in the second division and not be going anywhere would have been infinitely worse
    Spoiler!

So Ivo Tokic stayed on after all and you have a second scout now, do you? It'll be interesting to see how far you can get!

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Just read the whole thing through. Very challenging career, i must say. Although the promotion in the first year came too early really. Both for the story's sake and also because you don't have the team for it. On the other hand, spending ten years in the second division and not be going anywhere would have been infinitely worse
    Spoiler!

So Ivo Tokic stayed on after all and you have a second scout now, do you? It'll be interesting to see how far you can get!

Tokic re signed in season 3

I now have 3 scouts coming towards the end of 3rd season

Yes the main challenge is being forced to work with what I have really

I am kinda stuck with players hoping they develop or I get a batch of really good frees come up on scout searches or decent youngsters promoted from youth setup.

Currently though I have a very nice base to the team with CD'S,DMC and GK but I am desperate for either a clever striker or poacher type and a creative midfielder to push me up to a mid table level,

I agree with you about the easy bit It's why I put very strict conditions on the save :--)

Everyone plays cm01/02 to what they enjoy i don't see it is a bad thing that other people took teams from the lower leagues and made them powerhouses in world football I just wanted a really tough challenge for myself personally and if i'm being honest is it as enjoyable as having no restrictions and seeing a free transfer score 50 plus goals in the conference and hammering teams every week probably not but I think it will be more rewarding in the long run
    Last edited by leo37; 23-06-19 at 05:00 PM.

39. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

A sweeper tactic on CM now this will be interesting as Iíve not heard of much success using it by any other managers

41. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    A sweeper tactic on CM now this will be interesting as Iíve not heard of much success using it by any other managers
    and was one of the main reasons why I am determined to make it work :-)

I've seen a lot of people state 3 at the back doesn't work only thing that works is short pressing offside trap ect so I will go all out to make a success with it

I like a challenge plus 3 of my best prospects are sweepers would seem a waste not using them

Hey Iím all up for different challenges . Iím looking forward to the season review

44. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast