Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: when we will he retire?

vCash

when will he retire?

how many years do you think this defender can keep going for?

and is there anything i can do to prolong his career?

I don't think he a regen i loaded full players using nick co not sure if he comes up in croatia or not on a normal maximum database game

2. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Most likely retire around 36. First team football seems to keep playing from not retiring so soon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    With his stamina and strength he can play a few more years.

His average rating is also not going down yet.

There are some hidden attributes that come into this as well so you never know for sure. But on his profile I see that he does not have any coaching stats so he must not be ready to retire yet.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    If he is playing well for you, you can guarantee that the AI will retire him early.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Yes no coaching stats might be a good thing and the mental side or hidden attributes must be really good he never lets me down always performs in big games Iíll probably ask someone on forum to check him on editor once he retires out of curiousity as he is my favourite defender I had on any game

I do not like using editor because then you know the player and and can project and have a rough idea what kinda career they will have I prefer to use my own judgement and go on behaviour form and remembering big games ect

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    interesting with such low agreesion he still does a huge ammount of tackles and great averages

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leo37 View Post
    Yes no coaching stats might be a good thing and the mental side or hidden attributes must be really good he never lets me down always performs in big games Iíll probably ask someone on forum to check him on editor once he retires out of curiousity as he is my favourite defender I had on any game
    You can offer him a coaching contract and if he is no good at coaching just take all his instructions off him in the Training menu. No guarantee or even improvement in chance to prolong his career

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    You can offer him a coaching contract and if he is no good at coaching just take all his instructions off him in the Training menu. No guarantee or even improvement in chance to prolong his career
    thinking of doing the opposite whenever i offer a player a player coach role they always seem to retire from playing within 18 months

was thinking just leaving him on indispensable to the club and just keep playing him might be the way to go
    Last edited by leo37; 26-06-19 at 09:24 PM.

Is he your captain? If not, it might help keep him interested if you made him captain.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Effiong unmarked! View Post
    Is he your captain? If not, it might help keep him interested if you made him captain.
    i used him as captain before and his influence isn't the highest and that's a really good shout it actually reminded me

because when i did use him as captain before it did feel like it boosted my team. I use my gk as captain atm he has 18 influence but never felt fully comfortable with him and he has an erratic game 1 in every 6 or so i think changing it back to my defender next season would be best

18. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    interesting with such low agreesion he still does a huge ammount of tackles and great averages
    it's the style of play i use and he seems to work best in a 3 as the main presser on the defence with my other central defender sometimes pressing sometimes not and my sweeper on no press oh and hard tackling for him also haven't seen him get sent off yet in 5 seasons (or not that i can remember anyway)

when i experimented with more attacking shapes or chase late in games he becomes more a liability on those settings
    Last edited by leo37; 26-06-19 at 09:48 PM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    34 now and a very slight decline but still going strong considering the team had an awful season

22. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 11

vCash
    Once stamina stays high, acceleration and pace don't matter much to performance

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dermotron For This Useful Post:

vCash
    and the intrinsic for positioning keeps increasing with the age as its an experience related attribute, so his 20 is actually becoming stronger and stronger

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash
    An overall decline this season but still very playable also didn't protect the space in front of the defence as much and had to take him off pressing for the first time in a long time didn't want him going to far to try win the ball as he would collapse trying to get back into position

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Pace and acceleration both down to 4. Clearly still doing a decent job though.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Effiong unmarked! For This Useful Post:

vCash
    36 now and slightly better than previous season

must be having loads of ice baths

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    He's almost dead.

33 : 18............ 14
    34 : 17.............12
    35 : 11,,,,,,,,,,,,,10
    36 : 8...............7

34. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    He's almost dead.

33 : 18............ 14
    34 : 17.............12
    35 : 11,,,,,,,,,,,,,10
    36 : 8...............7
    still play him in Croatian second division

'maybe' as i been relegated and if he does not retire in the summer

36. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Offered him a 3 year contract maybe he won't retire this summer

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash

40. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Back in the top flight of Croatian football in winter break now but he still going strong not my best defender anymore but he is still reliable

42. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    His averages, tackles assists and passing went up as the season went on he played a few sixes then just went on a run of 8's with very high tackling success in many matches did struggle against Dinamo and Hadjuk though but there strikers are insane and even my best defender as well as Korac had a hard time with them

44. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leo37 View Post
    His averages, tackles assists and passing went up as the season went on he played a few sixes then just went on a run of 8's with very high tackling success in many matches did struggle against Dinamo and Hadjuk though but there strikers are insane and even my best defender as well as Korac had a hard time with them

He compensates the lack of pace with an ever increasing positioning intrinsic value coming from his experience. Old great defenders like him know all the "shortcuts" in the football field. This guy doesnt need to run because just stays well positioned all the time.

46. The Following User Says Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Thanks it certainly feels like something in the background of the game is enhancing him and as you explained above that makes perfect sense

He reminds me of Jurgen Kohler on cm 00/01 played him till he was 41 and his ratings.tackles ect went up between the age of 38-40 compared to his mid 30's

obviously i dont think Korac has nowhere near his ability level of Kohler but for the standard In croatian league he is a super defender
    Last edited by leo37; 04-07-19 at 03:57 PM.

48. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast