• Frontless

2 10.53%
  • Capless

5 26.32%
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Capital Punishment - People Power

Capital Punishment - People Power

Capital Punishment

The FA have decided that a transfer ban for Chelsea is not a strong enough punishment after all their years of cheating the transfer market. A unique punishment will now be enforced on the London Club. For the next 5 seasons they have been given a rookie manager to manage the club and on top of that every transfer window you the people will be given 5 options of punishment to vote on and the punishment decided each vote will be enforced immediately. The options for Chelsea’s first punishment are below. Votes will be counted at the weekend before the start of the new season.

Dads Army:

All players under the age of 30 must be relegated to the reserves and put on the transfer list, any offers must be accepted. Chelsea can only sign and field players 30+.

Left Wing:

All right footed or both footed players must be relegated to the reserves and put on the transfer list, any offers must be accepted. Chelsea can only sign and field left footed players.

British Lions:

Any non-British players must be relegated to the reserves and put on the transfer list, any offers must be accepted. Chelsea can only sign and field British players.

Frontless:

All strikers and forwards must be relegated to the reserves and put on the transfer list, any offers must be accepted. Chelsea can only sign and field players who are not forwards, even players who have it as a secondary position, ie. Hazard.

Capless:

Anyone with a full international cap must be relegated to the reserves and put on the transfer list, any offers must be accepted. Chelsea can only sign and field players without a full international cap, if any of their squad get a cap mid-season they must be relegated to the reserves and transfer listed immediately.
    Last edited by James_y; 28-06-19 at 11:19 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    British lions, please.

I despise foreign legion clubs like Chelsea who play with just one Englishman, or even none!

What happened to your national pride?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2r9t6l_eE8
    Last edited by samsami; 30-06-19 at 07:10 AM.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 4

vCash
    I voted over 30's as they have talented youngsters so they have to sell them

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

The more evil you guys are the more fun it could be. I want you all to make suggestions as the story goes on about what punishments to put in the votes. I’m thinking mid season things could be to sell a certain player that’s doing well or even suggest a player I have to buy and play every game. But I’m sure some of the minds on this forum can think of even worse situations for me...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    frontless would be tough as f***

10. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by leo37 View Post
    frontless would be tough as f***
    I’m scared of Capless the most as you could lose a player at any time, but let’s see where the vote finishes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    I’m scared of Capless the most as you could lose a player at any time, but let’s see where the vote finishes
    yes both be very tough the british one will be a good story even if the difficulty is easier

13. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

yes both be very tough the british one will be a good story even if the difficulty is easier
    Doesn’t look favourites to win, I don’t think the football world want to give Chelsea the easiest option!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Dad's Army for me. As well as demolishing most of the squad, it will cost to sign replacements and you are going to get little back when you sell them, or nothing if they retire, so a financial penalty as well.

Bet you don't last the season !
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Dad's Army for me. As well as demolishing most of the squad, it will cost to sign replacements and you are going to get little back when you sell them, or nothing if they retire, so a financial penalty as well.

Bet you don't last the season !
    Yea I don't know what I was thinking saying this is going to be a 5 season challenge, I'll be happy to be in a job after 1! Looks like the 2 hardest possibilities lead the way with 4 votes each.... next vote gets it

vCash
    Yea I don't know what I was thinking saying this is going to be a 5 season challenge, I'll be happy to be in a job after 1! Looks like the 2 hardest possibilities lead the way with 4 votes each.... next vote gets it
    Or if it is level ... do both

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

Or if it is level ... do both
    Over 30 and not had an international cap. You do know who my chairman is right? I don't think I'd last to September in charge

After the ruling was confirmed that Chelsea could now only field players over the age of 30 and they had to sell everyone else, the transfer window went out of control. The revolving door at Chelsea almost broke as so many transfers took place. 26 players departed for a whopping £296 million and there were 17 new faces as Chelsea parted with £51 million.

Spoiler!

There were still more players left in the reserves on the transfer list, who Chelsea had not managed to sell yet but none of them would be legible to play first team football. The aging squad they were left with for the 2018/19 season would have to do their best to roll back the years if there was to be any success on the field this season.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    decided on a formation yet?

25. The Following User Says Thank You to leo37 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Something must be wrong with Kante's CA if he's ended up at CSKA!

Not an awful squad you're left with, hopefully you can survive in the job if you keep yourself around the European places...

Surprised no players are Unh with 'Unhappy with the sale of [so-and-so]'.
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

decided on a formation yet?
    Plan to experiment, with a lack of pace for wingers will likely be a diamond midfield with 2 up front or 4-3-3

Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    Something must be wrong with Kante's CA if he's ended up at CSKA!

Not an awful squad you're left with, hopefully you can survive in the job if you keep yourself around the European places...

Surprised no players are Unh with 'Unhappy with the sale of [so-and-so]'.
    I know I could't even get full asking price for Kante, had to knock his value down!

So I've played a couple of games which will be in my next post so a bit of time went past since the big sales and time for players to be happy again, also the massive signing of Jamie Vardy kept the fans, board and other players happy

29. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    In the interest of the story, if you do get sacked, I don't think that anyone would object if you were to

> Retire
    > Add Manager
    > Take over Chelsea again
    > Continue with the restriction

After all, the penalty was placed on the club, not on you.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

In the interest of the story, if you do get sacked, I don't think that anyone would object if you were to

> Retire
    > Add Manager
    > Take over Chelsea again
    > Continue with the restriction

After all, the penalty was placed on the club, not on you.
    I may well need to, but I'm going to try my best not to get sacked. I wonder if I could sell to Roman that we could win the Championship next year....

Oh by the way does anyone know how to close a poll in a thread? Need to prepare for my mid season poll

vCash
    Oh by the way does anyone know how to close a poll in a thread? Need to prepare for my mid season poll
    If it can be done, I don't know how. I suspect it can't be, and that's why similarly multi-poll threads resort to SurveyMonkey.
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

34. The Following User Says Thank You to riise For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by riise View Post
    If it can be done, I don't know how. I suspect it can't be, and that's why similarly multi-poll threads resort to SurveyMonkey.
    Ah ok cheers, may have to use that for future polls then

vCash
    Some dross there - are there not any better players over 30 or are they not interested in singing?

Or you just fattening out squad so far?

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Redknapp69 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    Some dross there - are there not any better players over 30 or are they not interested in singing?

Or you just fattening out squad so far?
    I figured I needed over 20 players so accepted some crap on free transfers just to have a decent size squad as I only had a few weeks to put it together. A few decent over 30s rejected me last minute which didn’t help. Can you believe Rolando and Messi are not interested

Hopefully I can improve the squad in January
    Last edited by James_y; 28-06-19 at 11:09 PM.

CS: Man City 3-2 Chelsea (Cabaye, Higuaín)
    PL: Everton 3-1 Chelsea (Vardy)
    PL: Chelsea 1-1 Arsenal (Vardy)
    PL: Wolves 1-1 Chelsea (Daniels) - Daniels S/O
    PL: Chelsea 2-2 Watford (Vardy, Giroud)
    ELR2: Chelsea 0-1 Sigma Olomouc - Cahill S/O
    PL: Cardiff 0-4 Chelsea (Higuaín, Giroud(3))
    PL: Chelsea 0-1 Man City
    ELR2: Sigma Olomouc 0-4 Chelsea (Giroud(3), Payet)
    PL: Crystal Palace 1-0 Chelsea
    PL: Chelsea 1-1 Burnley (Giroud)
    PL: Chelsea 3-2 Huddersfield (Gago, Higuaín, Vardy)
    ELR3: Chelsea 3-1 Lech Poznan (Vardy, Giroud(2))
    PL: Southampton 1-2 Chelsea (Eduardo(2))
    PL: Chelsea 3-0 West Ham (Vardy, Gago, Higuaín)

The first few months of the season had been full of frustration for Chelsea, often in games players were tiring in the second half and they had dropped several points in the last 20 minutes of matches. They ended October 10th in the Premier League, with some of the players unhappy as to how things were going and doubting their managers abilities. 3 straight league wins at the end of October hopefully will signal a turn in fortunes. Over the opening months they have experimented with players and formations but have now settled on a 4-3-3 with the below line up:

Analysing the player data from the early months shows that Chelsea's forwards have been their most valuable assests with good performances and goals, Giroud in particular has found some clinical goal scoring form in recent weeks. Gago has also been excellent in the holding midfield role, and is a key member of the side. The main worries are in the centre of defence as Cahill and David Luiz have both been very average so far this season.

Spoiler!
    Last edited by James_y; 29-06-19 at 06:48 PM.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Just to confirm, only one poll is possible per thread. Which is a real pity.

For this type of semi-interactive (and cool!) story you could really use multiple pools.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to samsami For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    Just to confirm, only one poll is possible per thread. Which is a real pity.

For this type of semi-interactive (and cool!) story you could really use multiple pools.
    I’m going to use a polling tool so you guys just have to click an external link to vote, it’s not as nice as the way I wanted to do it but will do the job

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to James_y For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast