• Frontless

2 10.53%
  • Capless

5 26.32%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Capital Punishment - People Power

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by samsami View Post
    With good reason, too. Soon after your 1-2 win they demolished you (4-1) in the League!
    Yea and 4-0 earlier in the season... 8-1 over 2 league games but I got the cup win haha

vCash
    Kean has been a beast for you (he has been for me when I've signed him)
    Next restriction must be one that forces you to sell him !
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    Kean has been a beast for you (he has been for me when I've signed him)
    Next restriction must be one that forces you to sell him !
    I had an idea for my main vote for next season was to be for you guys to pick my formation for the season and then maybe do sell a star mid season with my top assists as options to chose. Would you rather see the other way round?
    Last edited by James_y; 25-07-19 at 01:51 PM.

vCash
    It's your game and your call. You always give us a nice variety of restrictions to dump on Chelsea.

I will be voting for the one that is most likely to get rid of Kean !

vCash
    It's your game and your call. You always give us a nice variety of restrictions to dump on Chelsea.

I will be voting for the one that is most likely to get rid of Kean !
    Yea I was thinking getting stuck with a tricky tactic for the whole season and losing a big name player half way through would be the harder of the options for me. Though depending how hard the tactic I may not make it to New Year!

vCash
    League is VERY close

Great cup wins - good draw v Stoke as well - could go far there

2 decent signings

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    League is VERY close

Great cup wins - good draw v Stoke as well - could go far there

2 decent signings
    I'm not consistent enough to challenge for the League, hopping maybe I can get top 4 again and then put everything into this FA Cup run

vCash
    Season 4 Punishment

The FA have now opened voting for Chelsea's 4th season punishment, next season Chelsea will have to play with a formation that you decide for them, below are the options:

4-4-2

Chelsea will have to play with the old-fashioned 4-4-2 formation all season, they can only sign players 21 or under from the start of next season but anyone from this seasons squad over that age will be able to play apart from Jay DaSilva who was too old to play this season but has not yet been sold.

Sweeper

Chelsea can play any formation all season as long as it has a sweeper in place, same player restrictions as above.

Flat Back 5

Chelsea will have to play with a flay back 5 all season, same player restrictions as above.

>>>VOTE NOW<<<

February Results:

PL: Chelsea 1-1 Newcastle (Diaz)
    PL: Chelsea 2-0 Millwall (Brobbey, Propper(OG))
    FAR5: Chelsea 3-0 Stoke (Brobbey(3))
    CLG2: Chelsea 1-1 Braga (Skipp)
    CLG2: Braga 0-3 Chelsea (Tonali, Brobbey, Jones)

With just 2 league games played in February Chelsea dropped 1 place to 6th in the table and are now some way off leaders Liverpool but have realistic hopes for a top 4 finish. Stoke were no match for Chelsea in the FA Cup and the Quarter Finals would see Chelsea visit London rivals West Ham. In the Champions League Chelsea are ruing not being able to beat Braga at home and now they will need 2 massive results if they are to progress in the competition.

Last edited by James_y; 26-07-19 at 03:16 PM.

vCash
    It's beginning to show.

This season could be a big disaster and leave you empty-handed.

But it can also still end well.

vCash
    It's beginning to show.

This season could be a big disaster and leave you empty-handed.

But it can also still end well.
    March is going to be the key month, will do a bigger right up for the key games... fingers crossed for some big performances

vCash
    First time you have really looked in danger of being off the pace.
    Restrictions finally starting to hurt

vCash
    First time you have really looked in danger of being off the pace.
    Restrictions finally starting to hurt
    Yea the youngsters really are not that consistent. I was thinking they would be better than the over 30's but not looking that way at the moment

vCash
    A little goal shy compared to those ahead of you

Massive results in CL needed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    Yea the youngsters really are not that consistent. I was thinking they would be better than the over 30's but not looking that way at the moment
    That's exactly the problem when you are playing with (lots of) youngsters. Speaking from experience

vCash
    A little goal shy compared to those ahead of you

Massive results in CL needed
    And my defence is worse, so not a great mix!

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly the problem when you are playing with (lots of) youngsters. Speaking from experience
    Maybe next season when a few of them will be old heads at 22 haha

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James_y View Post
    Maybe next season when a few of them will be old heads at 22 haha
    Absolutely

We have an attacking line (wingers, AMS and strike) aged 21, 22, 20 and 20 and they are now delivering but the two wingers are already more consistent then the two attackers who are both 20.

vCash
    Absolutely

We have an attacking line (wingers, AMS and strike) aged 21, 22, 20 and 20 and they are now delivering but the two wingers are already more consistent then the two attackers who are both 20.
    Hopefully the team can adjust to my new formation

vCash
    2021 FA Cup Semi Final

Pre FA Cup Semi Final Results:

PL: Chelsea 3-0 Brentford (Jones(2), Brobbey)
    FAQF: West Ham 2-3 Chelsea (Irving(2), Jones)
    CLG2: Man City 4-0 Chelsea
    CLG2: Chelsea 0-0 Dortmund
    PL: Burnley 2-3 Chelsea (Kean(2), Marin)
    PL: Southampton 1-1 Chelsea (Kean)
    PL: Chelsea 4-0 Birmingham (Jones(2), Diaz, Skipp)
    PL: Everton 0-0 Chelsea

Aside from the Champions League Chelsea were on hot form in March as they progressed to the FA Cup Semi Final and had climbed to 4th in the table. In March Sterling was named Player of Month and Jones Young Player of Month. The end of season awards were also announced and Sterling was named Young Player of Year, in fact 3 Chelsea players were named in the top 3 young players as runner up was Jones and Tonali was in 3rd place. Lafont and Sterling were named in the Team of the Season.

FASF: Chelsea v Arsenal

Chelsea had Diaz unavailable but other than that named a full strength side for the Semi Final at White Hart Lane, with Diaz out they decided to play 4-3-3 instead of their usual diamond midfield.

The match started with both teams looking quite cautious but after 37 minutes Marin ran forward with the ball, Arsenal backed off seeming willing to let the forward shoot from range and when he did The Gunners were stunned as the ball flew past the keeper to give Chelsea the lead. Chelsea lost the lead a minute before half time as Torreira took the ball past Jones and hit a low drive into the bottom corner to level proceedings. On the stroke of half time things got even worse for Chelsea as Schuurs went hard into a tackle as was sent off for a second yellow card.

Chelsea came out in the second half with 10 men but their man disadvantage wasn't showing as they came at Arsenal and were rewarded for their positive play in the 57th minute as Tonali crossed and Jones crashed a stunning volley into the back of the net to reclaim Chelsea's lead! With 20 minutes remaining it was Jones making the headlines again but this time for the wrong reasons as he clattered into a tackle and saw red, also for a 2nd yellow card. In a massive game the Chelsea youngsters had lost their discipline and had to play out the last 20 minutes with just 9 men! Arsenal were throwing everything at Chelsea and got their 2nd equaliser with 10 minutes remaining as Kodjia slid the ball into the net from a low cross. Chelsea hung on for the last 10 minutes and the game went to extra time, with tired legs and only 9 men, did they have much hope?

Just 6 minutes into the extra time period Torreira had a shot from distance and Lafont could only parry the ball to the feet of Mkhitaryan who put Arsenal in front for the first time. The 9 men had run out of steam and had no answers, even a red card in the last minute for Guendouzi made no difference to the game and Chelsea's Wembley dreams were over!

Spoiler!

Post FA Cup Results:

PL: Watford 1-4 Chelsea (Irving, Marin, Skipp, Kane)
    PL: Chelsea 3-1 Bournemouth (Woodburn(2), Edwards)
    PL: Chelsea 0-1 Arsenal
    PL: Crystal Palace 2-0 Arsenal - Schuurs S/O
    PL: Man City 2-1 Chelsea (Skipp)
    PL: Chelsea 1-1 Liverpool (Brobbey)
    PL: Wolves 0-2 Chelsea (Brobbey, Jones)

1 point in 4 games saw a torrid April for Chelsea and they only finished in 6th place and would be back in the Europa League next season. It was Spurs who had just about won the Premier League Title on goal difference over Liverpool. Although Liverpool had happier days to come as they won the Champions League! It was Arsenal who went on to lift the FA Cup with a Final victory over Crystal Palace.

Brain Brobbey was named Young Player of Month for May, one of the few players that had shone for Chelsea in the run in. Chelsea may have gone back a step in season performance compared to the last 2 years, but this is a young squad and the experience gained this season can only help them improve going forwards...

Last edited by James_y; 28-07-19 at 07:40 PM.

vCash
    Nooooooooooooo - heartbreaking SF there!

So close but the youngsters heads went!

Discliple seems to be an issue - 3 more red cards in this update and 2 for Schurs and it was 2 for Houston before - you warning/fining them?

Decent season overall all things considered

vCash
    Nooooooooooooo - heartbreaking SF there!

So close but the youngsters heads went!

Discliple seems to be an issue - 3 more red cards in this update and 2 for Schurs and it was 2 for Houston before - you warning/fining them?

Decent season overall all things considered
    Yea I thought for a second I was going to do it with 9 men. Knew I was done at 2-2. Oh yea Schumers and Jones both got a week fine for that but they havenít taken it too well so a bit of unrest.

Yea season was decent. By the end of season results it shows I can usually beat the teams I should beat but struggle against the top boys.

Sorry no league screenshots I lost them and itís past the mid-season update now

vCash
    That was harsh, with nine men!!
    You're still doing remarkably well in the circumstances. Never expected that to be honest. Fingers crossed now

vCash
    The worst thing about the cup defeat was Palace beat United in the other semi final. Iíve never played a lesser team in a final, I may of actually won won.... need to move on now...

vCash
    Unlucky on all fronts. Looks like you have some hot heads in your squad

vCash
    Unlucky on all fronts. Looks like you have some hot heads in your squad
    Schuurs was my captain and got 3 reds this season, leading by example!

He wasnít happy with my 2 week fine!

vCash
    Summer 2021

The board had announced they they expected Chelsea to qualify for Europe again next season and Chelsea worked hard in the transfer market to try and make some squad improvements. Jay DaSilva was the only player to leave the club on a free transfer to Oxford. In came Billy Gimour (free from Chelsea reserves), Andrea Pinamonto (free from Inter), Even D'Nicka (£30m from Frankfurt), Joseph Colley (free from Chelsea reserves), Matt Smith (£2.4 m from Man City), Reece James (free from Chelsea reserves), Dylan Levitt (£110k from Man United), Daishawn Redan (free from Chelsea reserves), Mason Greenwood (£3m from Man United) and Marcel Lavinier (free from Chelsea reserves),.

Spoiler!

After the people had spoke it had been decided Chelsea will have to play with a sweeper formation this season, the below tactic was trialed in pre-season with some success. With no quality under 21 natural sweepers on the market Oliver Skipp has been given the role for the season it seems.

Chelsea won all their pre-season friendlies with their new sweeper tactic and kept clean sheets in all games but the level of the opposition would raise question marks if anything can be learned from this.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast