Thread: Does the game just stop producing great players after a certain time?

vCash

Does the game just stop producing great players after a certain time?

Its July 2030 in my current save and using CM Scout to check world ratings there are currently 190 players with a CA of 150 and a PA of 175+. Only 82 of those are aged under 30, thats in a database of 76000+ players. Now, in one sense its good that potentially great players are so rare (like in real life) but it feels like there are many many less than at the game start. I am using the March 2019 update with Saturn 7+, is the relative dearth of high quality players 12 years into the future a real thing or is the ratio pretty similar to ODB?

edit: I just looked for anybody with a 175+ PA and another 46 names came up, but most of those kids CA is so far off their PA they will likely never get close to fulfilling their potential.

vCash
    Never used scouting tools or in game editors but it is interesting that this happens as years go on. I had noticed stranger attribute distribution before with world class strikers having world class defensive stats like 20 marking ect but i actually quite quite liked it made some interesting use out of defensive forward type players man mark opposition defenders and hassling them ect

I never realised the pool of world class players became reduced though Not sure if it's a good or bad thing either way or how it effects teams and player distribution of regens and also would probably explain why bigger traditional teams like man utd barca bayern ect fall off as seasons go on as there isnt much player ability difference between them than say a mid table team
    Last edited by leo37; 04-07-19 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    As I never use scouting tools that reveal this type of data I can only speak from anecdotal evidence experienced within the actual game: I've got multiple long term saves going well beyond 2050. While it's true that the football landscape changes to that extend that clubs we are used to know as top clubs in this day and age may play only second or third division and others, today much smaller clubs, have replaced them - which isn't totally out of the ordinary, given clubs that were 50 years ago at the op are sometimes gone or certainly far away from top flight football today.

As for players: I still see plenty of top class players around. Plenty of big transfer fees paid for what I would consider world class players and don't see the pool of start players greatly diminished in long term saves - playing the October 2017 update and Saturn Patch of that time. But as said,that's only anecdotal evidence.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to The Porridge Flo For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by leo37 View Post
    I never realised the pool of world class players became reduced though Not sure if it's a good or bad thing either way or how it effects teams and player distribution of regens and also would probably explain why bigger traditional teams like man utd barca bayern ect fall off as seasons go on as there isnt much player ability difference between them than say a mid table team
    A lot of the wonderkids in 2030 play for pretty obscure teams in Central/South America, there's even a 190 PA kid playing in Nigeria and a 185 in Thailand! Roeselare and Mouscron in Belgium seem to be hoarding them as well, nobody is going to find them unless the human manager buys them dirt cheap and turns them into superstars. Its ridiculous when you see the crap that lurks in the youth teams at Real Madrid or Man Utd in the game, I assume the intention was to make the football world more interesting by having new superpowers emerge....like Bournemouth in the Premier League My favourite new juggernaut is Inter Zapresic from Croatia, Champions League winners in 2028 after taking the Europa League the previous season, and STILL nobody except me buys their best players!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
    A lot of the wonderkids in 2030 play for pretty obscure teams in Central/South America, there's even a 190 PA kid playing in Nigeria and a 185 in Thailand! Roeselare and Mouscron in Belgium seem to be hoarding them as well, nobody is going to find them unless the human manager buys them dirt cheap and turns them into superstars. Its ridiculous when you see the crap that lurks in the youth teams at Real Madrid or Man Utd in the game, I assume the intention was to make the football world more interesting by having new superpowers emerge....like Bournemouth in the Premier League My favourite new juggernaut is Inter Zapresic from Croatia, Champions League winners in 2028 after taking the Europa League the previous season, and STILL nobody except me buys their best players!
    i currently in croatia atm on a game so it's nice to know in the future I could potentially have an opposition team of freaks in the league that bigger teams abroad never find :-)

it will keep game healthy and competitive I already seen signs of insane regens in eastern europe with low values low reps but perform very well

One other thing I would suggest trying the load all players from database option on nick co patch some very interesting players end up in obscure leagues and generally raises the difficulty a little as there are so many players for AI to sign which increases the standard of leagues and probably more potential for more world class players as there are so many extra players on the database and just by random there might be even more world class players generated
    Last edited by leo37; 04-07-19 at 03:15 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
    Its July 2030 in my current save and using CM Scout to check world ratings there are currently 190 players with a CA of 150 and a PA of 175+. Only 82 of those are aged under 30, thats in a database of 76000+ players. Now, in one sense its good that potentially great players are so rare (like in real life) but it feels like there are many many less than at the game start. I am using the March 2019 update with Saturn 7+, is the relative dearth of high quality players 12 years into the future a real thing or is the ratio pretty similar to ODB?

edit: I just looked for anybody with a 175+ PA and another 46 names came up, but most of those kids CA is so far off their PA they will likely never get close to fulfilling their potential.
    I'm in the year 2071 with the same database and patch as you and I have 239 players with CA 150+ and PA 175+ so I don't think that the pool gets smaller. That said, 85 of them are over 33 and the oldest, a Belgian keeper, is over 45 !

As others have said, the regens get distributed wider and don't build up the reputation for AI managers to find them. It means that there are bargains to be found and I can see 5 under 32 who are valued at under 1m.
    The artist formally known as The Eejit

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingsley View Post
    I'm in the year 2071 with the same database and patch as you and I have 239 players with CA 150+ and PA 175+ so I don't think that the pool gets smaller. That said, 85 of them are over 33 and the oldest, a Belgian keeper, is over 45 !

As others have said, the regens get distributed wider and don't build up the reputation for AI managers to find them. It means that there are bargains to be found and I can see 5 under 32 who are valued at under 1m.
    do you have a screenshot of the 45 yr old keeper?

vCash
    As per the findings from this thread https://champman0102.co.uk/showthread.php?t=11764 the game mantains the same number of high CA players at all times. For example, if in 2030 there are 28 players with CA 180+, it means in 2019 there were exactly 28 players with CA 180+ too, and in 2527 there will still be exactly 28 players with CA 180+, as crazy as it seems, the game finds a way to force the high PA players to reach those CAs when another players lower their CAs .

So the answer is: no, the game doesnt stop producing high CA players after a certain time, it keeps the number of high CA players constant. Unless the findings from that thread are wrong.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadScientist For This Useful Post:

vCash

Looks like he is still first choice. RC Mechelen were 13th in the Belgian top flight.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post:

vCash
    he still looks very playable

vCash
    I'm not sure I would. Ab lot of 1's and 3's in there.
    1 for stamina ! does he make it out the tunnel ?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingsley For This Useful Post: