vCash

Bielsa

LInk: https://champman0102.co.uk/downloads.php?do=file&id=366

Can someone test this tactic, please?
    Last edited by Spectral; 09-08-19 at 05:36 PM. Reason: link updated

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Desp For This Useful Post:

Tournaments Won: 10

vCash
    Will the players stop performing in the second half of the season using it?

vCash
    The "Bielsa ball" that's going on at Leeds doesn't look like this. I'm trying to set up the same thing myself, but I'm not able to get it to work in CM01-02. I'd say he uses more for a 4-1-4-1 with Inside Forwards (to use modern day FM parlance) or maybe the 3-3-3-1 with 3 centre backs (one that comes forward), 2 wing backs and a defensive midfielder, 2 central midfield players, 2 wide forwards cutting inside and 1 central striker.

Then I'd put pressing on for everyone, I'd put counter on because Leeds attack quickly when they have the ball (to differentiate it from Wenger's Arsenal where there pass it around in defence for 20 minutes before passing forward), attacking mentality, I always put offside trap on and make sure my defenders are pushed up a little bit and they're in a line (I've found with 3 defender formations it puts one of them as a sweeper which means offside trap doesn't work - or you could just stick with it as it is and turn offside trap off), attacking mentality, forward runs for everyone except the centre backs and the defensive midfielder, mixed passing (or short, but Leeds play nice long passes to the man so short isn't really accurate, but if you've got a team where passing isn't great I'd go with short passing), and men behind the ball I suppose would be off? That might be debatable, but I always have it off anyway. Don't worry about set pieces because he doesn't! No focus on passing.

Just make sure there are triangles when on the ball so there are options to pass to. I would say there are always 6 players committed to defending, sometimes more - the 2 wing backs, 2 centre backs, and the defensive midfielder and one of the central midfield players often come back.

I will try put something together and see if it works. At the moment I'm struggling with it. I'm getting closer because I'm conceding very few goals but not scoring enough.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jsparker23 For This Useful Post:

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsparker23 View Post
    The "Bielsa ball" that's going on at Leeds doesn't look like this. I'm trying to set up the same thing myself, but I'm not able to get it to work in CM01-02. I'd say he uses more for a 4-1-4-1 with Inside Forwards (to use modern day FM parlance) or maybe the 3-3-3-1 with 3 centre backs (one that comes forward), 2 wing backs and a defensive midfielder, 2 central midfield players, 2 wide forwards cutting inside and 1 central striker.

Then I'd put pressing on for everyone, I'd put counter on because Leeds attack quickly when they have the ball (to differentiate it from Wenger's Arsenal where there pass it around in defence for 20 minutes before passing forward), attacking mentality, I always put offside trap on and make sure my defenders are pushed up a little bit and they're in a line (I've found with 3 defender formations it puts one of them as a sweeper which means offside trap doesn't work - or you could just stick with it as it is and turn offside trap off), attacking mentality, forward runs for everyone except the centre backs and the defensive midfielder, mixed passing (or short, but Leeds play nice long passes to the man so short isn't really accurate, but if you've got a team where passing isn't great I'd go with short passing), and men behind the ball I suppose would be off? That might be debatable, but I always have it off anyway. Don't worry about set pieces because he doesn't! No focus on passing.

Just make sure there are triangles when on the ball so there are options to pass to. I would say there are always 6 players committed to defending, sometimes more - the 2 wing backs, 2 centre backs, and the defensive midfielder and one of the central midfield players often come back.

I will try put something together and see if it works. At the moment I'm struggling with it. I'm getting closer because I'm conceding very few goals but not scoring enough.
    Hello! You are right I called this tactic Bielsa but it does not reflect the style of play of Bielsa. I called it this way just for preference, the positions in the field are those of a Wib Wob adapted to CM 01-02