Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 13

vCash
    Another pointless feature that nobody will use. Who'd of thought?

vCash
    Exactly I have no problems at all with FIFA online , as long as I dont play when somebody else is online at my home.

If I play when somebody else is online it will lag like hell or I will get disconnected.

I have no problems at all playing online when nobody else is using the net.

vCash
    A lot of the people who blame the EA servers need to take a step back. If you get disconnected and your opponent is awarded with the win that is a fault with your internet connection and nothing else. If both people disconnect and no win is awarded then yes that is a fault of EA but that rarely happens. Also note that the person with the best internet connection out of the 2 will host the game and be the home team.

vCash

vCash
    Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH

Commentary in CM menus! They talk about next week games and talk short about the game you just played/simmed. #FIFA13

Fourth official holds up board during sub cutscenes. #FIFA13

New goalkeeper animations spotted. Looks good. #FIFA13
    Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

13m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH

Hoho, what a goal by new signing Mario Gomez. Blast of a shot. So shooting feels much better, is what I'm trying to say. #FIFA13

Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

16m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH

Don't know why but Kevin De Bruyne is just lovely to play with in #FIFA13. If you start CM with Chelsea, bring him back from Werder!

Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

21m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH

Argh, 5 minutes in. 1-0 to Stoke in first BPL game with Chelsea. #FIFA13

Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

22m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH

#FIFA13 skill games really remind my of #TopSpin / #VirtuaTennis minigames.

Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    30m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH

I asked for 50 million EUR extra. Got rejected by board. #FIFA13
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

31m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH
    It comes with a price though. I requested extra money but had to commit to achieving an League Cup AND FA Cup win. #FIFA13

Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    33m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH

You can hand in a request to the board to receive more transfer budget. #FIFA13

41m Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH
    @Andrea_J30 No licensing questions please.

1h Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH
    New cutscene before first compeition game. Photographers take team photo. Again a nice little touch. Also captains shaking hands. #FIFA13

Before each game (both in Career Mode as in Exhibition) you can assign a controller to one player. On PS3, up to 7 controllers. #FIFA13

@alekko63 Just got an offer from a Belgian club to loan Piazon. #FIFA13

@NickChim94 Nope. No loan + player deals.

@MatsvStam Jup!

Just signed Gomez with the Mata money. Sorry Fernando. #FIFA13

Changes in gameplay are much more subtle than last year. But that's fine. It's a much better game than #FIFA12.

Also noticing much more noise from the crowd. Especially when alone on goal or before/after a shot. Much more atmosphere. #FIFA13

Still limited to 3 subs in friendlies. #FIFA13

On World-Cass, opponent CPU seems to be more deadly. First friendly lost 1-3. #FIFA13

Yes, the managers seem to celebrate/react dissapointed after a goal. #FIFA13

New sub cutscenes. #FIFA13

You can also see your teammates warm up during a game. Nice touches. And yes, the managers move. #FIFA13

I can confirm that your created manager will be visible during matches. #FIFA13

@NickChim94 Will be replaced by teams chosen by CPU or you can select the team. Every team actually.

Nice, those #FIFA13 skill games are used to fill up loading before match.

My 40M EUR offer for Gomez has finally been accepted. Now to contract negotations. #FIFA13

Menus are much more responsive. Visual style is mainly the same, but it's much smarter presented. Less going back/forth in menus. #FIFA13

Wanted list for transfers is a nice addition. #FIFA13

Things like transfers in CM can still be fine-tuned till last second. Not that there's anything wrong. Just saying it isn't final. #FIFA13

2h Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH
    Ow yeah, for all those wondering where RVP is going. #FIFA13 decided he's going to Bayern for 34 million EUR.

Started CM with Chelsea. Got a bid of 37 million EUR for Mata from Man City. Counter-offered 57. They got back with 49. I accepted. #FIFA13

Some other neat additions too, but I won't spoil everything. See for yourself September 28th. #FIFA13

Haha, new option when creating your manager. Outfit-style: training, suit or 'shirt and tie'. Can also choose color. #FIFA13

New option before starting CM: set financial strictness. This is a percentage that decides how much from a outgoing transfer you get.#FIFA13

Also, you can let the CPU pick the teams (randomize) or just pick the teams yourself, so you can replicate the groups from real life!#FIFA13
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite
    No play-off games for season 1, straight to groupstage. Both Champions' Cup and Euro League. Good enough. #FIFA13

Here's a BIG one: you can now play in European competitions from the first season in Career mode. #FIFA13

Have been asked this. Saudi Pro League and Polski League are in. #FIFA13

All other settings seem pretty much the same. #FIFA13

There are a few more sliders in audio settings. Not 100% sure, but you can now set volume imported chants and 'voices players'. #FIFA13

Can't talk about online, but there's something new a lot of fans will appreciate. Not long til everybody can hear about it. #FIFA13

I'm with #FIFA13 now. Just to be clear: I play all manual. Maybe if lofted through balls haven't changed, I might change that back to CPU.

Let's to this! #FIFA13 http://instagr.am/p/OJEbEqiw8c/

3h Nicolas Van Hoorde ‏@NicolasVH
    On my way to #EA for #FIFA13 playtest! http://instagr.am/p/OI_soqiw68/
    Looking good...

vCash
    There's new ultimate team photos that show players like Ashley Cole and RVP are not rare cards. Also a ultimate team seasons added.

I'm perplexed about the first one. How can 84 and 86 rated players not be rare cards?

vCash
    Ehm, that's got to do with this:

And Gamescom 2012 trailer:

Again, trailer aimed for skillers/tricksters. I want more Career News .

vCash
    Those Dortmund player ratings are terribly over rated

vCash
    not sure if fifa is stupid or trolling

vCash
    Weidenfeller 78

Schmelzer 79
    Hummels 84
    Subotic 83
    Piszczeck 80

Kehl 82
    Gundogan 79

Blas 83
    Gross 82

Reus 83

Lewandowski 84

That's better

vCash
    It's something they did. Every club will get 85/86 rated players in that mode.

Something along Pro Clubs thing.

Those are NOT actual ratings for the teams .

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coys View Post
    Weidenfeller 78

Schmelzer 79
    Hummels 84
    Subotic 83
    Piszczeck 80

Kehl 82
    Gundogan 79

Blas 83
    Gross 82

Reus 83

Lewandowski 84

That's better
    Kehl should be nowhere near 80. neither should großkreutz.

dortmund aint a 5-star team if you go after individual player skill

vCash
    You watch more bundesliga than me so fair enough

What about this???

Neuer 87

Lahm 86
    Badstuber 83
    Boateng 80
    Alaba 79

Schweinsteiger 85
    Kroos 80

Robben 85
    Ribery 88

Muller 82

Gomez 85

vCash
    I personally think ribery should be a 90 - 91, same as robben last year. swapping them around is prolly a good idea. gomez will be 87 or so I reckon.

rest looks ok

vCash
    with ratings like that BVB would be challenging for CL...

vCash
    I don't think anybody other than Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi and Iniesta deserve 90's. The likes of Ribery, Silva etc should be high 80's imo.

vCash
    Gamescom trailer for FIFA 13:

For the first time on Gamescom:

EA have banned people from recording video's of the game. Shame if true. I'm playing it in Manchester tomorrow. will see if I can grab a video.
    Good game EA.

So the only vid from GamesCom of FIFA 13 is this:

Spot the oddities. (I can start with: hyped First Touch, can only see it being the FIRST touch, not the later touches which are perfectly pulled off, ball clearance with overhead kick without regards of ball/body position. Liked: switch of commentary to other game. Really nice touch that one!).

Btw the demo is confirmed with date:

On PS3 demo will be available on 11th of September and will include 5 teams and 3 minute halves.

On Xbox 360 and PC the demo will come on 12th of September with same options as PS3.

Wish the time moved faster
    Last edited by info0; 15-08-12 at 02:23 PM.

vCash

Yep, KSI video from Gamescom with FIFA 13. I swear this guy is on EA pay roll .

Turn the music off is my advice

vCash

vCash

Starts ~1 minute in.

Clear gameplay video. Still the player airy-like (lightweight), sliding movement remains. Other touches will be apparent in demo if what my mate said is right. He said that First Touch errors and such are only felt when you PLAY the game actually, but it's not something assisted/semi-assisted players will notice and it's a hindrance for manual players mostly.

Full playtest view:

Ok managed to get about 5-6 games with it, all manual vs assisted, couldn't get time with CPU.

Will post a few things that i haven't seen others mention, first the graphics, They are crystal clear, definitely a step up (not huge) as is the 'smoothness' of the animations. I was weary of mentioning them because it might have been down to the TV's they had but i don't think so. Lighting better and transitional animations better. Although the new 1-2 animations get old really quick, be nice if they didn't do it every time.

Two - First touch, as i thought, its more prominent when your playing than off the videos. What i will say is it might be ANOTHER hindrance to manual players. As it happens with direction effect too. Although, there's a part of me that thinks if you perfected it, manual players could use it as a tactic. I beat a few players because my first touch was heavy and they were pressuring and get wrong footed.

Assisted opponents defo saw the first touch problem less than my players, because their passes were close to perfect. Only really over hitting causes a bad touch. A bit like the passing error (or lack of) last year.

Three - Manual controls. Seemed less assisted than 12. I misplaced more than i would in 12 (this could've been the controller - i'm 360 and all versions at the demo were PS3). Also think theres a slight adjust ment on weight, i felt i could hold the power longer without it flying off.

Four - Speed - As everyone thought, games speed is no where near what the videos make it look like. Although i did see a ping pong game that depressed me a little. It looked like it took two to ruin the game though, because i was playing a few players who ping-ponged but i still felt i could slow the game down.

Five - Inertia... (Just for the guy that thinks we are obsessed.) Its there a little bit more. Just without proper animations for it. Dont want people to get excited, but the taller/heavier players took alot long to get up to full speed. So big CB's against Aguero were definitely at disadvantage short distance, but would catch him over longer. Therefore you could beat them without skill moves. Pray its stays like that for the release because it subtle but its better.

Six - Fatigue - Might be the thing i'm most happy with. Players were tired ALOT more overall, also I sent Yaya on a run from deep in my own half, by the time he received it near the edge of the box he was tired and i had to hold it up, rather than take a defender on. He 'felt' tired too... definitely slower to get up to speed.

Couple of things i didn't see.... - Sheilding - Weren't players supposed to instinctively protect the ball? I used shield a few times and they still nicked it off me. I was hoping that would be more prominent in the fight against pressure whores. Like the World Cup game was

The new dribble system - i changed to my own preferred controller setup and i couldn't for the life off me find the new dribble button. God knows where it goes on my control scheme, so i cant comment on that.

EDIT: missed one thing off - Slide tackles, they were alot more powerful, maybe too much. The amount of times i got had by them because i was 'charging' up a manual pass was alot more.. If it was me id tame them a bit. Although, when you won a tackle you usually kept possession. Fine tuning..
    This is all I had to say. Roll on demo .

vCash
    First trailer that made me excited about FIFA 13!!

Now I really want the demo! This looks sweet and sleek . Even if it's just the trailer polished to this level, feck they grabbed my attention ^^.

vCash
    Saudi League has been added :/

vCash
    Some of those goals look pretty soft...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooterfan View Post
    Saudi League has been added :/
    Can't wait.

vCash

29.09.2012 full game release (if you're season ticket holder you will get it 7 days earlier though on 22.09.)

Demo on 11.09.2012. Damn it.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast