Page 109 of 110 FirstFirst ... 99105106107108109110 LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,725 of 2731

Thread: Transfers & Rumours

vCash
    Ross Barkeley wants out but his price is £50m. He's not even a regular starter at Everton these days. When he does something good it's amazing but he's so inconsistent with some really poor decision making.

£50m would want to be 3/4 performance related. Plus he want's more than what Kane and Alli are on at Spurs, no idea where he will end up.

vCash
    And Koeman said there are no bids for him!

vCash
    He's only got a year on his contract. No-one's gonna drop £50m on him surely. Even Daniel Levy is not that stupid!!

vCash
    Mahrez and Barkley are taking some time to earn a new deal elsewhere considering they made it clear they wanted out pretty much straight away!
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!
    Click here to find out more and join in!

vCash
    I don't think Mahrez is a 15-goal/season player anymore. One year wonder. He doesn't have the confidence he used to have during Leicester's champion season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    I don't think Mahrez is a 15-goal/season player anymore. One year wonder. He doesn't have the confidence he used to have during Leicester's champion season.
    Think people had him sussed after that season as well as lack of confidence, leicester playing like they were most of the season.

At Best his Value is £15-25m.

Barkley - Wouldnt pay more than £17 -25m either. He is nowhere near being worth £50m even if he had a 10 year contract

vCash
    Newest rumors say that Neymar has some kind of loyalty bonus of €25m if he stays in Barcelona until july 31st. If that is true and he then leaves he hasn't only been joking around with FCB but also tied the club up, dragged it around on the main plaza, handcuffed it, left it there and then thrown the key to the cuffs in a river.

vCash
    Barkley's only pro is the he's English. Otherwise, he wouldn't be so sought after.

vCash
    Chris Wood to Burnley is an odd signing for the money (Chicharito cost the same). Vokes and Walters do a similar job already.

vCash
    Is Messi to go or not in this/next transfer window? Put your votes: yes or no.

I vote YES.

vCash
    Never.
    The Alphabet Game #3
    Try your luck at winning any trophy in your game but you must go in order from A-Z in the alphabet!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Chris Wood to Burnley is an odd signing for the money (Chicharito cost the same). Vokes and Walters do a similar job already.
    Wages tho innit

Burnley got a structure and don't want to break it.

But would think they'll look for some pace tho before window closes

vCash
    Bony to Swans again seems close

vCash
    Andy Carroll to Chelsea, ah here

vCash
    Conte really wants a Llorente type player, doesn't he?!
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    In transfer related news to really piss off all us Liverpool fans, Klopp has announced that Karius is Liverpool's No. 1 'Keeper! What The Fuck! Clearly this means we aren't entering the market for a 'keeper in this window, which is a huge mistake. I'm not a fan of Mignolet, but he's much better than Karius. Karius has very slow reactions, he can't read the game and he has no instincts. If his problems were teachable technique issues, then fine, he can improve, but they aren't, so he will never be good enough.
    And what about Ward? If he can't surplant our other two jokers he must be doing something wrong in practice!?
    A fellow LFC fan asked me at Christmas when I was (once again) bemoaning our 'keepers "who else do you expect us to buy exactly? Good keepers don't grow on trees". My response "ANYBODY!". Seriously, at least half the current Premiership 'keepers would be a step up and the other half would probably demand less wages and be just as effective (obviously Hart is the exception, that guy has lost it). But seriously, we need a new 'keeper, every man and his dog knows it, except it seems, the Liverpool hierarchy.

vCash

Transfers & Rumours

1 - How do you know Mignolet is better than Karius? I for one look forward to Karius being given a proper run in first team before fully judging

2 - What Ďtopí GK will join us? And of those who would join now? IMO, if Karius doesnít take his chance thatíll be the priority in the summer

3 - Mignolet has been at the club for 5 years+. I donít think heís awful but I can barely remember any games he has made the difference whereas someone like De Gea has saved Man Uís ass for the past 3+ years

4 - Ward. I agree Iíd like to see what he has got but he must be shite in training not to be given a few games.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Redknapp69 View Post
    1 - How do you know Mignolet is better than Karius? I for one look forward to Karius being given a proper run in first team before fully judging

2 - What ‘top’ GK will join us? And of those who would join now? IMO, if Karius doesn’t take his chance that’ll be the priority in the summer

3 - Mignolet has been at the club for 5 years+. I don’t think he’s awful but I can barely remember any games he has made the difference whereas someone like De Gea has saved Man U’s ass for the past 3+ years

4 - Ward. I agree I’d like to see what he has got but he must be shite in training not to be given a few games.
    Completely agree with three and four. The few times I've seen Ward play I thought he looked like he had promise, but the fact that he doesn't get anywhere near the first must indicate he has a fundamental problem (which makes it all the more annoying that they can't seen that in Mignolet and Karius).

Regarding Karius for points one and two, if you can re-watch a few of his games, do so, or just keep a close eye on his next few. He is noticably slow to both reacting to danger and his decision making which, at 24, should be better, and have you seen him "dive", I swear sometimes it's as if he doesn't push-off with his legs at an angle, like he jumps directly up in to the air and then lands on his side at the point where he was initially standing. I think the pace of the English game frightens him. If I was only noticing things like a dodgy dive and a distribution problem I'd probably be more inclined to give him a chance but I think there are fundimental basics to his game that just aren't there. I don't think he can read the game well, which, combined with his mental lethargy, means his positioning is off and contributes to his distribution problem.
    I honestly don't have a personal promblem with the guy, he certainly seems nice enough and he seems to get on well with the team, and when we bought him I really hoped that he would immediately replace Mignolet forever! But despite Mignolets occasional individual errors his basic game is better.
    Ultimately, Man U forked out £19M, Man City £35M, Supers £12M, Southampton £12M, Everton £25M, even Brighton spent £5M, the same as we did on Karius and yes, I fully understand that price doesn't always guarentee success, but generally speaking the team that spends the most wins the most.

Having said all that I'm now going to stick a counter argument to bottom of this. VVD should certainly help improve the positioning of the defenders in front of whichever 'keeper is playing, so maybe Karius will have a little less to be worrying about and a little more confidence? And/or maybe there actually is a coaching issue that needs to be addressed?

I still think, however, we need someone new for the long term and as for "What 'top' GK wil join us?", until we start trying to buy one we simply don't know.

vCash
    Oblak and Aillson (spelling?) seem those rumoured for the summer (prob enquiringly now)

Canít say Iíve really seen either of them that much.

Iíve seen more of Oblak who certainly looks an upgrade on what we have

Butland rumoured which doesnít particularly excite me

Tell you what mind, having an average defence over the years prob hasnít helped either!

But a keeper making worldie saves like De Gea covers up Man U playing wingers at FB (although I think Valencia has turned into a cracking RB) and not having a decent settled DC partnership

Whereas a good canít really cover up a keepers that loves throwing howlers

vCash
    Sanchez set for Utd medical.

vCash
    I know what you mean about Butland, rumours saying Stoke turned down a £40M bid from LFC (I don't think it's true to be honest), but I suspect he's too injury prone, we'd still have to rely heavily on a back-up.

I haven't seen much of Oblak but everything I've heard has been positive, unfortunately PSG are rumoured to be interested in him and/or he's trying to sign a new contract at Athletico.

We keep being linked with ter Stegen, but I'm not sure about his consistancy. Does anyone know anything about Kevin Trapp? We've linked with him too but hasn't he been dropped by PSG for a younger keeper? And it can't say much for either of them if PSG really are trying to sign Oblak? Having said that different players thrive in different environments so maybe one of those keepers could excel at LFC?

Do we really think any of them would be a step back based on who we currently have?

vCash
    Thatís my point! What top keepers are out there that would join us that are a huge improvement than we currently have?!

vCash

Transfers & Rumours

Day 20

Swansea still havenít fecking signed anyone

Absolute joke . . .

vCash
    Butland isn't injury prone, he was just out for a long time after breaking his ankle and the 'experts' ruled that he didn't need surgery and ultimately did need it, hence being out for a longer spell.
    The Alphabet Game #3

vCash
    I just dont see it in Butland at all.
    Never have.
    This is how is how it feels to be Celtic,
    Champions again as you'll know,
    Brendan Rodgers here for 10 in a row
    10 in a row