Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 101107108109110111112 LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 2785

Thread: Transfers & Rumours

vCash
    Apparently he knows the coach at Vejle - Sormani used to work with Murray at Watford - so that explains the move to some extent

vCash
    £50m for Richarlison and £70m for Zaha

vCash
    Lukaku + cash for Skriniar + Perisic. Silly bullshit story season has begun.

vCash
    I must read player exchange rumours daily, they never happen! Think the last big-name one was Sanchez-Mkhitaryan, but can’t think of the one before that!
    Run out of vCash? You can request a recharge here!

vCash
    Happens a lot in Italy doesn't it?

Dan James Dad passed away so think that's delayed the likley move to Man U

vCash
    I see they are after Sean Longstaff too (rumour of course) but I think its a positive shift in policy - 3 or 4 promising youngsters plus 2 established players is a far better long term purchasing strategy. Bar a few dud centre backs Man City have been killing it in the transfer market. Yes they have spent quite a bit but you'd have to said it's been well spent in more cases than not. Can't even come close to saying well spent at United in recent seasons. Even their choices of renewing contracts at the minute makes no sense: Jones and Smalling are never worth 5 yr deals. Squad players at best. Maybe thats the type of deal they have and decent squad players are necessary but they were announced like it was indispensable players had signed new deals.

vCash
    Sarri to Juve being reported, means Allegri to Chelsea?

£5m compensation being thrown about...

vCash
    £5m compo for Chelsea? Seems like a good deal if they don't want to keep him (sounds like some of thier fans will never take to him)

vCash
    Man United linked with a Daniel James guy from fecking Swansea.... Great, exactly what the club needs to keep on decreasing the quality and status of the club!

Board out NOW!

vCash
    So because you haven't heard of him and he plays for Swansea it's a bad signing?
    Last edited by the villan; 06-06-19 at 05:01 PM.

vCash
    He's a good player, has a very good future ahead of him. Perhaps van Gaal should never had played Rashford when he did, nobody had ever heard of him then either!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Man United linked with a Daniel James guy from fecking Swansea.... Great, exactly what the club needs to keep on decreasing the quality and status of the club!

Board out NOW!
    dude is a massive talent, mate.

vCash
    That Robben lad from Groningen, useless . . . .

vCash
    I wished Liverpool hadn't signed former Queens Park player Andy Robertson too, especially when he got relegated with Hull #morenoismyguy

vCash
    Dele Alli from MK Dons

vCash
    Well Man Utd right now is the worst team of the top 6 by far and has massive disadvantage towards the other clubs. Therefor you expect them to splash the cash and get some household names in rather than very talented youngsters.

A household name is no guarantee for a success ofcourse, but the chances that they will do well are bigger than young talents becoming really good and breaking through. There's just too many uncertainties involved and not every hot talent is of the level Robben, Alli, Rashford, etc.
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GFRay View Post
    Well Man Utd right now is the worst team of the top 6 by far and has massive disadvantage towards the other clubs. Therefor you expect them to splash the cash and get some household names in rather than very talented youngsters.
    Bar the top 2 they are still more of a pull than the rest. After years of fucking about about they need to have a solid, well planned transfer policy though. That fucking about extends back into Fergie's last few seasons.

4-5 promising youngsters plus 2-3 established players with a bit of clear-out will be a step in the right direction. Leaders are a big thing missing at the minute. They have had some decent comeback wins last season but they were more from the pressure of expectation being off. They haven't bought a single player you'd call a leader in a long time. Herrera charging all over the pitch aimlessly isn't leadership. I thought Matic would provide that but after a good start it hasn't happened.

Getting established players without being fucked over on the price is the key. Whatever about the "EPL Premium" clubs pay, there is an "EPL + Man Utd Premium" the board are too willing to pay. £50m for a player from the Ukrainian league is nonsense given most clubs are barely surviving after the Russian invasion.

A player like Guillermo Maripán of Alaves is the right way to go. Not young, young but just off an excellent season with Alaves, shouldn't be more than £15-20m but plenty of scope and potential to become a brilliant player. Having the right guy beside him will be key next year. DC is definitely where they will have to target for an established player.

vCash
    They got Alexis Sanchez. Big name, big salary. Also big dud.

Better to actually buy real talent.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermotron View Post
    Bar the top 2 they are still more of a pull than the rest. After years of fucking about about they need to have a solid, well planned transfer policy though. That fucking about extends back into Fergie's last few seasons.

4-5 promising youngsters plus 2-3 established players with a bit of clear-out will be a step in the right direction. Leaders are a big thing missing at the minute. They have had some decent comeback wins last season but they were more from the pressure of expectation being off. They haven't bought a single player you'd call a leader in a long time. Herrera charging all over the pitch aimlessly isn't leadership. I thought Matic would provide that but after a good start it hasn't happened.

Getting established players without being fucked over on the price is the key. Whatever about the "EPL Premium" clubs pay, there is an "EPL + Man Utd Premium" the board are too willing to pay. £50m for a player from the Ukrainian league is nonsense given most clubs are barely surviving after the Russian invasion.

A player like Guillermo Maripán of Alaves is the right way to go. Not young, young but just off an excellent season with Alaves, shouldn't be more than £15-20m but plenty of scope and potential to become a brilliant player. Having the right guy beside him will be key next year. DC is definitely where they will have to target for an established player.
    Do you think United are making a mistake letting Solskjaer do the rebuild though rather than getting somebody like Pochettino to do it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    They got Alexis Sanchez. Big name, big salary. Also big dud.

Better to actually buy real talent.
    This reminded me of Torres from Pool to Chelsea. Everyone involved in football could see whatever got him to the top was gone but they still spent a fortune on him anyhow. Same with Sanchez.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the villan View Post
    Do you think United are making a mistake letting Solskjaer do the rebuild though rather than getting somebody like Pochettino to do it?
    No I don't think they should have given Solskjaer the job in the first place. I don't mean that from a hindsight POV, I mean they at least had to see how he did with adversity first. Quite frankly he's been atrocious during the poor run. #1 rule - protect the players in public, berate them in private. He went from Fergie Jnr to Mourinho Jnr in the space of 2 games. 2 games after he'd been given the contract too soon.

But hopefully with time over the summer him and Phelan will address that type of thing. Some players are beyond berating anyhow, so just get rid and leave private matters private.

The main issue at the club is the board / scouting policy. It's broken and bullshit. I've no idea how many of the Pool players Klopp had a hand in buying but it's sure worked. I've even mentioned earlier City have after a scatter gun approach refine their transfer policy and rarely buy duds. United just seems to be a magnet for problem players who won't reach potential (there or elsewhere).

vCash
    No I don't think they should have given Solskjaer the job in the first place. I don't mean that from a hindsight POV, I mean they at least had to see how he did with adversity first. Quite frankly he's been atrocious during the poor run. #1 rule - protect the players in public, berate them in private. He went from Fergie Jnr to Mourinho Jnr in the space of 2 games. 2 games after he'd been given the contract too soon.

But hopefully with time over the summer him and Phelan will address that type of thing. Some players are beyond berating anyhow, so just get rid and leave private matters private.

The main issue at the club is the board / scouting policy. It's broken and bullshit. I've no idea how many of the Pool players Klopp had a hand in buying but it's sure worked. I've even mentioned earlier City have after a scatter gun approach refine their transfer policy and rarely buy duds. United just seems to be a magnet for problem players who won't reach potential (there or elsewhere).
    I was surprised they offered him the job when they did, it just seemed so unnecessary when they could have waited until the end of the season to evaluate. Surely if he'd had that poor run of results earlier he wouldn't have got the job, which makes it look like they're only keeping him now so they don't have to admit they made a mistake.

As for transfers it seems most clubs now have lots of different people involved in choosing which players to sign but surely the manager will have a big say otherwise it's pointless.

Also any chance of United buying a couple of centre backs so we can have Tuanzebe back please?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by the villan View Post
    which makes it look like they're only keeping him now so they don't have to admit they made a mistake.
    Woodward admit a mistake? Water will return to Aral Sea quicker.

vCash

You want a leader? Buy Matthijs de Ligt for € 75 m and you'll be set defensively for the long run. He even makes Daley Blind look like a top notch centerback
    Go check out my YouTube channel with lots of CM 01-02 related video's!

vCash
    De Ligt won’t turn down Barcelona or Liverpool to move to Utd when they don’t offer CL football. Name can only do so much but if you aren’t in the CL then elite players won’t come to you see AC Milan, Arsenal and Liverpool when we were out of it.