Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: National Teams

National Teams

I am playing the march 2012 update for 4 seasons. I have the best manager reputation but no country wants to accept my application as national coach. Can somebody tell me why, please?

Dermotron is offline Sir Mergements
    Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Nationality has a big part to play, but more so CA/PA.

Is reputation high in the nation your playing in or all nations?
    Last edited by Dermotron; 07-05-12 at 12:08 AM. Reason: added the missing words so it would make some semblance of sense

Happens every time I play and when I apply for the Australian job it always goes to an Aussie, add Aussie as second nationality via and editor and the jobs mine

Craig Forrest is offline Manager
    Programmer
    Forum Enforcer
    Holy Trinity Member

I've found the same thing.... you usually need 1st or 2nd nationality of whatever country you want to get the national team job.... although if your CA/PA is high enough and you've been playing for long enough, your odds increase.... I've gotten national jobs after 6 or 7 years like Ghana, Uruguay, Brazil, Spain, etc.... while being a Scot or a Canadian

In my current save I got two national jobs as a hungarian/english: norway (in 5th season) and ghana (9th season).

Use the dirty editor to manage all nations and try to lead San Marino to glory

Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyvalefan View Post
    Use the dirty editor to manage all nations and try to lead San Marino to glory
    Tried with The Phillipines. They had about 6 players in the average category and nothing else to back it up. Didnt play any games competitive games until 2005 so there was a hell of a lot of holiday mode to get through - quite boring on Max DB!

The problem is if the National team doesnt have enough players i the DB to fill a 23 or 25 man squad as required for competitions you wont be able to proceed in game

Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Oh I know Fods, spent hour upon hour updating the minnow nations for the Sept 2011 DB - never again

Think there's about 6 in the March DB that don't meet the criteria but should be everyone by Sept

That werent a slur in anyway on the update team, I think I was using minimum DB at the time so just put it down to that

Director
    Manager
    VIP
    Captain

Didn't think that way at all mate Just commenting on it being the most tedious thing I've ever done!

Yeah, you have to play on Max DB for alot of the smaller nations. Even the likes of Costa Rica, Jamaica, Niger, Iraq struggle to get the required number on Normal DB, min is a real nightmare altogether

I am working on the smaller nations that don't have enough players hopefully will have them done by Sept

The info is there but I have to have to be bothered to post it :LOL:

I will get onto some of them today hopefully

National Team Federation (Nigeria) not satisfied

Hi all,
    i'm actually managing Nigeria and i won my qualification group with 10 win in 10 games qualifying my team for 2010WC ... now the Board said me that is not so satisfied about my work on African World Cup Qualification... why this???
    Camerun won his group and his manager was fired... Ghana also won his group and his manager has a risk position... this is really strange.

Quote Originally Posted by Giasone View Post
    Hi all,
    i'm actually managing Nigeria and i won my qualification group with 10 win in 10 games qualifying my team for 2010WC ... now the Board said me that is not so satisfied about my work on African World Cup Qualification... why this???
    Camerun won his group and his manager was fired... Ghana also won his group and his manager has a risk position... this is really strange.
    Always seems to happen within the game to African, North American, South American teams and Australia. Don't worry about it, but prepare to be sacked for no reason.

You just need to transfer them $5000 and they will like you forever as well as pay you a long lost inheritance of $30million. I read it in an email.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Always seems to happen within the game to African, North American, South American teams and Australia. Don't worry about it, but prepare to be sacked for no reason.
    After the WCQ i played the Confederation Cup (I was the African champion) and i won it... now they are happy again :-D

Good man. Always found the likes of Nigeria have too high expectations in comparison to their level of ability. Glad you're doing well though.

Good man. Always found the likes of Nigeria have too high expectations in comparison to their level of ability. Glad you're doing well though.
    Changed National after that... now U.S.A. ... let's see how high American's expectations are...

i've seen the AI sack the USA coach after qualifying for the world cup before.

i've seen the AI sack the USA coach after qualifying for the world cup before.
    it's exactly what happened in my game... USA qualified for WC but coach sacked... then i applied for job and now i'm the new coach!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Giasone View Post
    it's exactly what happened in my game... USA qualified for WC but coach sacked... then i applied for job and now i'm the new coach!!!
    I got the same with Mexico

African teams go sacking crazy after qualification

I qualified Jamaica for the WC, and my job was insecure afterwards

I was managing South Korea as they were the only nation to offer me a national job. Had a perfect record won the asian cup and qualified for the world cup and they were very happy with me. Then they said after qualification (top of group no losses) that they were not satisfied and sacked me. Now I am not getting any other job offers even though my league management record is fantastic.

lol. They can't pay you anymore ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast